eye shadows and parabens?

thegoddess

I am just new to putting make up. I was tomboyish growing up and "girly" stuffs were the least of my priorities. Most of my early jobs were on the field, so having extra powder and something sticky on my face is not exactly ideal when you deal with dust, heat, and whatnots in your work environment. However, I got promoted. Now, I spend more time in the office and meets with managers, executives, and clients. And so, make up. Should I buy many color eye shadow palette or just two to three ones? I know I have to experiment on how I look so I should try a lot of colors before finding the right match. As I read further about eye shadow palettes, I came across this “no paraben” labels. Do you think these are really concerns or additional marketing gimmick?

Last edited by a moderator:
|Real or perceived

|Real or perceived

Parabens are used as a preservative in shampoos and other cosmetics. The concwnsus seems to be that they are harmless, but as they are sometimes perceived as harmful, companies that don't use them cash in on the perceived benefits.

As the products without them are no dearer why not play safe and go for them. There is a disputed claim that some parabens are carcenegenic.

I've based these comments purely on what I've read as I have no qualifications.

Last edited:
Since you mentioned that you stay inside the office all day so it would be better that buy few neutral shades and not the dark ones as it will look odd in an working environment.