First Job

I worked as a waitress in a restaurant near my home (in the middle of nowhere). The restaurant was part of a motel, coin laundry, and gas station with two pool tables in the back. It was kind of like "one stop shopping" and the only place for these amenities for 25 miles.

My best mate to this very day got me a job a factory where we would work for $5 an hour for two hours every night after school ($50 per week). Half of our pay would go into the lunch room where we drank cans of coke and ate Kit-Kats. On the school holiday's I'd work full-time and make good money for my age at the time.

My best mate to this very day got me a job a factory where we would work for $5 an hour for two hours every night after school ($50 per week). Half of our pay would go into the lunch room where we drank cans of coke and ate Kit-Kats. On the school holiday's I'd work full-time and make good money for my age at the time.

I was paid $1.75 an hour, cash, plus tips. I think they paid me cash not to help me but to help themselves. They were working me very long hours (sometimes more than 40 a week) and were in violation of all sorts of labor laws. I was only 15 at the time. Had that job for 2 years.

I was paid $1.75 an hour, cash, plus tips. I think they paid me cash not to help me but to help themselves. They were working me very long hours (sometimes more than 40 a week) and were in violation of all sorts of labor laws. I was only 15 at the time. Had that job for 2 years.

Yep, we were in 9th grade, so 14yo at the time...I look back on this time with fond memories, cos we would mess around more than we worked, and loved to pig out on junk food in the lunch room as soon as we got there...

my first job was working at a local drive-thru for about a year. I did a little bit of everything. My employment there was cut short when I got sick and the bosses weren't a fan of me being in the kitchen. It's actually a little more complicated than that, but my bosses weren't the brightest, so it was whatever.

Sounds to me like the bosses were jerks.

My first under the table Job was when i was a teenager and i worked with a tree cutter .. hanging from a rope 100 feet in the air with a chain saw .. Then came the real fun .. busting it down into segments and then log splitting ..My boss found it quite unnerving every time I broke out into Monty Pythons "lumberjack Song" :eek:k: that was many moons ago and i believe that all the bark rash has finally healed

I worked In A senior citizens home for a few years ..The fucked up part was that after you started to get to know the patients and considered them friends you'd get to see them wheeled out to the meat wagon :crying:

Oh, that is so sad, I'm literally starting to tear up! :crying:

I only ever had one job working in the Flower Shop the past few years off and on between studies. Ironically, I have made arrangements for those who have passed on. But to close on a positive vibe, I also made more arrangements for loving couples who were about to wed! :rose:

My first job was a McJob, as in literally working at a McDonald's when I was a senior in HS (17yo).

One good memory was the food: I would frequently grab a Chicken McNugget, wrap it in a slice of cheese, then dip it in ketchup and wolf it down.

One bad memory was being told to clean the women's bathroom--which was unusual since I'm a guy--only to walk in there and discover that some lady had sprayed her diarrhea all over the floor. :reallysad: