Forgot my password and can't get a recovery email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken143

I cleared my cookies, and forgot that when I do that, it logs me out of everything.
So I went to log back into my account of Teen Chat, which is Chicken, and I forgot my password (that's on me for changing it so many times because of my poor memory lol).
I tried to enter my email, so I could reset my password, and it said "An error has occurred". I've been trying all day to get back into my account, and to get a recovery email, but it says "An error has occurred" every time.

How do I fix this and get back into my acccount?

You'll have to wait for it to be fixed. @Chatmaster will likely have to have their folks have a look at it if you're getting "an error has occured" as it's not an error you get when your account doesn't exist. I did a little test and it wouldn't send me an email for account creation and once my account was created, yet not validated because the validation email never came, it did give me an error. Presumably because the account does exist but the mail process isn't working properly. Unfortunately this isn't something the teen chat admin can fix but they or one of the UMs could bring up with CM for expedited fixing.

@Apollo @H.R. PufnStuf @Ness_eb

I cleared my cookies, and forgot that when I do that, it logs me out of everything.
So I went to log back into my account of Teen Chat, which is Chicken, and I forgot my password (that's on me for changing it so many times because of my poor memory lol).
I tried to enter my email, so I could reset my password, and it said "An error has occurred". I've been trying all day to get back into my account, and to get a recovery email, but it says "An error has occurred" every time.

How do I fix this and get back into my acccount?
You’re 💯 sure you got the right room? Just asking cuz

You'll have to wait for it to be fixed. @Chatmaster will likely have to have their folks have a look at it if you're getting "an error has occured" as it's not an error you get when your account doesn't exist. I did a little test and it wouldn't send me an email for account creation and once my account was created, yet not validated because the validation email never came, it did give me an error. Presumably because the account does exist but the mail process isn't working properly. Unfortunately this isn't something the teen chat admin can fix but they or one of the UMs could bring up with CM for expedited fixing.

@Apollo @H.R. PufnStuf @Ness_eb
Aww okii. Thank you so much tho. Hopefully it can be fixed eventually.

The email thing seems down, it might be due to the limit (if exists ?) per month of mail generated, or some other technical issue. In any case, CM (not gonna ping again, as has been already), can look into the matter with his devs... Hope it doesn't take long

Out of curiosity in the mean time can u tell us the email service u are using (Firefox,g00gle, MS mail) lol and what the exact error message is. Thank you

So I’m just using regular ***** app with the safari browser on my iPhone. Each time I input the email to log in OR change my password all it is is “An error has occurred” in red across the screen.

@StubleU is the most knowledgeable person to be able to give proper advice here for sure. Also a member of BC is having similar issues. He registered an account but is not getting the email confirmation needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.