Forum FAQ's ≧'◡'≦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abriel

Welcome to Chat-Avenue Forums!!

This thread is a guide through all the features and everything else you need to know about forums. If, after you've been through the entire thread you still have a question then feel free to contact a Moderator/UM/Admin.

Have fun posting.

What Not to Do
DO NOT make moderator application/request threads.

Chat Admins
Follow this link to get a list of the admins:

We staff several moderators here. They can be identified by the title and rank in their profile.

If you need to make a comment about or have any questions regarding the threads of a particular forum or you need to pm any of the Universal Moderators click HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
How to Send a Private Message / Start a Conversation

There are several ways of doing this. Here are a few options.

Step 1.A: Username
First, select the username of the person you wish to start a conversation/PM with, hovering over it for just a moment will bring up their user card, select "Start conversation" and proceed to Step Two.
Screenshot-91.png

OR

Step 1.B: Users Profile
Visit the profile of the person you want to message and click the "Start conversation" button. Proceed to Step Two.
Screenshot-90.png

OR

Step 1.C: The Conversation List
Select the conversation list from the options in the top menu, the one that looks like an envelope. At the bottom of that drop-down is the option to "Start a new conversation." Select that and move on to Step Two.
Screenshot-88.png

Step Two: Enter Recipient Information, Title, and Message
This is where you enter in all of the information from the recipient's name(s), to the title, and then the actual message you want to send.

Screenshot-92.png

Step Three: Sending the message
Scroll down to below your message and click "Start a conversation" to send.

----------------------------------​
Useful Information
If you cannot reply to a message It's possible the person you are conversing with has chosen to lock the conversation (no responses will be allowed).

Managing Conversations
Each conversation/PM in your Conversation tab has a tick box to the left of it. You can tick as many as you like to select them. When at least one is ticked you will see a dropdown menu at the bottom of the page for various actions
- Select all conversations (the ones visible on that page)
- Leave the conversation. To all intents and purposes this deletes it from your inbox freeing up space. However you can rejoin. When all participnats have left the conversation becomes permanently deleted.
- Mark conversations read
- Mark conversations unread
- Add a star to denote important ones. You can then use the filter link to show all your starred conversations
- Unstar conversations

You can also perform any of those actions when viewing the contents of a conversation, but only on that one conversation,

*There may be a Conversation inbox limit put in place for members. Note that this is the number of conversations limit, not the number of messages within a conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
F A Q's

Q. How do I tag members in a post?
To draw a specific member's attention to a post, type the @symbol followed by their EXACT username. They will then get an alert that you have mentioned them. Example @- Clare -

Q. Someone is harassing me, how can I stop their posts from being visible to me?
A. Use the ignore feature.

Find the users profile you wanna ignore & click the ignore button. Mods/Admins can't be ignored.

Q. How can I go invisible on the forums?
A. Click your name(top right corner)> Click
Privacy> Un-tick ''Show your online status''. Than click save.

Q. How can I turn my visitor messages off?
A. Click your name(top right corner)> Click
Privacy> (look for under Allow users to) Post messages on your profile page (section) > Set it to nobody.

Q. How can I limit it so that only my added friends and moderators can send me a visitors message?
A. Click your name(top right corner)> Click Privacy> (look for under Allow users to) Post messages on your profile page (section) > Set it to People you fellow.

Q. I got banned from the Chat Room, what do I do?
A. If you were unjustly banned then pm the Room Admin listed in red, at the top of this thread.

Q. How can I report someones post?
A. Locate the triangle at the bottom left hand corner of their post, click it and follow the on screen prompts.

Q. Why do people have orange or purple names and how can I get one?
A. People who have orange names are 'premium members'. For more detail please pm @Chatmaster

Q. I've posted in Are You New, Games, and Everything Else forum, why doesn't my post count increase?
A. Your post count doesn't increase because people have taken advantage of this to simply raise their post count. As a result, the post count for these three forums have been disabled.

Q. My post/thread has been deleted, why?
A. If your post/thread was deleted it's because it was found to be inappropriate, irrelevant, you've been advertising goods, etc.

Q. What is an infraction and how can I check them?
A. An infraction is a form of a punishment for inappropriate actions within the forum - it is only used as a last resort. If you receive three it will result in a ban. To check these go to your profile and click the tab labeled 'Infraction'.

Q. Can I give out an infraction as a normal member?
A. No, only a Moderator/UM/Admin/CM can give these out.

Q. Will I be notified if I receive an infraction?
A. Yes.

Q. I've just noticed a thread advertising goods or/and a thread containing inappropriate images, what do I do about this?
A. Contact a Universal Moderator (Teal/pink name) or a Forum Mod (green name) via PM and provide a link to the thread.

Q. What are the age limits on the forums?
A. Only a few forums have an age limit, the rest are free for all ages. If you're over or under the age limit and still post in an age limited forum expect your post/thread to be deleted. Please take note of the age limits below.

Adult Forum age limit: 18+ Note: users under 18 can see these forums so please be mindful when posting here.
Kids Forum age limit: 13-16
Teens Forum age limit: 13-19
Sexuality Forum age limit: 16+

Status
Not open for further replies.