Guest Accounts

Steeda73

Hello,

Just wondering if there has been any thought to eliminating guest accounts entirely and making all that use the chat room register? This would likely reduce the amount of spam as well as make the Mods jobs easier. Just a thought?

Rob

i think that from a security and moderation perspective this makes sense. accounts can be searched and tied to other accounts by the same ip. This would make moderation a lot easier from that perspective.

from a money making perspective...it's a barrier of entry for the number of users that the site wants to maintain and for the type of people that it attracts.

so take a guess what the overarching answer will be?

Hello,

Just wondering if there has been any thought to eliminating guest accounts entirely and making all that use the chat room register? This would likely reduce the amount of spam as well as make the Mods jobs easier. Just a thought?

Rob
Hello, this suggestion has been made many times over the years but, as of yet, has not been implemented. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Hello, this suggestion has been made many times over the years but, as of yet, has not been implemented. Thank you for the suggestion though.
what are your thoughts on the suggestion? it's be enlightening to get an admin's perspective, especially one who admins a very active chatroom

Dont they pump up the room numbers and make Admins look good? :cautious:
A good compromise would be the suggestion for VIP to be able to ignore guest accounts outright. This would eliminate the click and run and the ignore evaders that abuse the guest account.

Dont they pump up the room numbers and make Admins look good? :cautious:
A good compromise would be the suggestion for VIP to be able to ignore guest accounts outright. This would eliminate the click and run and the ignore evaders that abuse the guest account.
I guess you have not checked all your features you have one of the features calls ignore.

@Chatmaster everytime someone suggests getting rid of guests accounts:

Screenshot-2024-03-27-141325.png

Then the person should not be in here then if he wants to be left alone.
False conclusion. I know you enjoy bothering people and feel you should have unlimited access, but it doesnt work like that. Just because someone doesnt want to talk to you, or be "bothered" by guest accounts that only spam, harrass, and ignore evade, does not mean they want to be left alone.

False conclusion. I know you enjoy bothering people and feel you should have unlimited access, but it doesnt work like that. Just because someone doesnt want to talk to you, or be "bothered" by guest accounts that only spam, harrass, and ignore evade, does not mean they want to be left alone.
It sounds different from what he said, and you speak.