How did plaid kilts become feminine clothing?

DarDil19

Why did people adopt the plaid skirt with folded knife pleats for females even though it was invented and originally worn by Scottish males?

Or are the Celtic males who wore them homosexual? This is not meant to be an offensive racist question. I am just curious. I heard some people say that the Celtic males who wore those plaid kilted skirts were actually female in personality. Is this true?

I mean now in the West and in the whole world, the kilted plaid skirt is seen and used by many as a very feminine clothing such as in Western highschools. How did this happen? How did a piece of clothing originally worn by Celtic males come to be used and seen as a very feminine clothing?

Why did those Celtic skirts get adopted as feminine clothing? What was the psychology behind this? And how can we stop pleated kilted plaid skirts from being used, seen, and portrayed as feminine clothing in highschools and in all places and give it the proper respect it deserves which is to not culturally appropriate those skirts. We can prevent cultural appropriation of those skirts by letting only Scottish males wear them.

By the way, I find it funny that Celtic males get butthurt when people call tartan kilts as skirts despite the fact that they look and function the same as any other types of skirts.

Whose idea was it to make plaid kilted skirts as feminine clothing? Who are the people who started to turn those skirts into clothings used by females? Who are the people responsible for this?

fancy GIF by Iggy Azalea
fancy GIF by Iggy Azalea

The kilt is a Victorian invention designed to make the rich English people that took over vast amounts of land more Scottish. Along with the kilt, the Victorians invented the Highland games pipe bands and a lot of other stuff that people view as Scottish when it really isn't.

This sort of thing

products-AJAS-Argyle_Jacket_and_Vest-Celtic-Croft-1500px-213x400.jpg

The traditional plaid, however, is the ancestral clothing of the highlander and consists of 7 to 8 yards (6.5 to 7.5m) of woven wound over the shoulder leaving the sword arm free and around the body to the knees. A shirt would have been worn underneath, a bonnet on the head, a belt and a decorative pin or plain pin to fasten the layers of cloth. The plaid was a form of clothing for all purposes and would have been both warm and reasonable water resistant. It could be used as a sleeping bag, a cloak to keep the wind off and allowed full freedom of movement. It also provided camouflage when needed.

220px-Highland_soldier_1744.jpg

Women wore a form of the plaid called an earasaid which was the same type of thing as the plaid but could be much more decorative.

Category-Earasaids.jpg

So to answer the question, the plaid and clan tartans were adopted by the Victorians probably heavily influenced by Prince Albert (he's also responsible for all of the Bavarian style turreted castles dotted all over Scotland). It's been developed from there.

The original clothing it was derived from was developed for warmth and practicality, nothing to to with sexuality at all.

Oh and the skirts you referred to are nothing like a Kilt. They're a single pleated layer of tartan patterned cloth. A kilt uses 5 yards of heavy woolen tartan wrapped in layers and pleated. It also comes with a sporran to act as a pocket to keep essentials in.

Why did people adopt the plaid skirt with folded knife pleats for females even though it was invented and originally worn by Scottish males?

Or are the Celtic males who wore them homosexual? This is not meant to be an offensive racist question. I am just curious. I heard some people say that the Celtic males who wore those plaid kilted skirts were actually female in personality. Is this true?

I mean now in the West and in the whole world, the kilted plaid skirt is seen and used by many as a very feminine clothing such as in Western highschools. How did this happen? How did a piece of clothing originally worn by Celtic males come to be used and seen as a very feminine clothing?

Why did those Celtic skirts get adopted as feminine clothing? What was the psychology behind this? And how can we stop pleated kilted plaid skirts from being used, seen, and portrayed as feminine clothing in highschools and in all places and give it the proper respect it deserves which is to not culturally appropriate those skirts. We can prevent cultural appropriation of those skirts by letting only Scottish males wear them.

By the way, I find it funny that Celtic males get butthurt when people call tartan kilts as skirts despite the fact that they look and function the same as any other types of skirts.

Whose idea was it to make plaid kilted skirts as feminine clothing? Who are the people who started to turn those skirts into clothings used by females? Who are the people responsible for this?
Wot