How do u deal with rumors

Rumours? Turn them around and own them.

Unless they’re true and it’s something embarrassing. Then it’s a little more difficult.

If you feel unsafe going to school though, you need to talk to your teachers about it.

Lawyer up.

(For legal purposes - I am not qualified to give out advice, nor am I an offical lawyer. Only take advice from me if you really trust a high school senior… I am not held responsible for any actions you take per my rights of free speech)

Lawyer up.

(For legal purposes - I am not qualified to give out advice, nor am I an offical lawyer. Only take advice from me if you really trust a high school senior… I am not held responsible for any actions you take per my rights of free speech)
I wonder where people get the idea that Americans want to litigate everything

usa network GIF by Suits
Will Do Meghan Markle GIF by Suits

Well theres 3 options really.
1. Ignore the rumours, get on with your life and let it all die down of its own accord.
2. Admit the rumours are true and deal with any fallout.
3. Litigate (if you're American cos literally no other nation see's that as a option).

Whichever you go with I think speaking with teachers/counsellors or whatever you can at school isn't a bad idea.

I ended up going to the counclers after someone found me hiding in the bathroom. Things may be ok i think
it'll all work out fine in time.
I know things can seem like major issues in the present but honestly 99% of the time nobody will remember them except you.

I ended up going to the counclers after someone found me hiding in the bathroom. Things may be ok i think
Going to people and seeking help is 100% the best thing to do. Otherwise you just get trapped in your own head, circling round the same problems.

Letting someone else in gives you the chance to get another perspective on things.

Even if they can't do anything about it directly, often just voicing your problems and/or feelings is a big help.

Ignore them. It’s not what people call you it’s what you answer to.

Wise words from madea 😂

I came from a small town back in the day when being gay wasn’t accepted and I got called a f@g daily. This went on until I started busting people in the mouth.

So you have 2 options ignore or fight.

As a person who says crazy stuff and does crazy stuff, I become a target of rumours.

Now when there is a rumour that is linked to you, it will make you feel either uncomfortable or very hostile.

So, this is where diplomacy comes into it...

If you like someone or a rumour is made that someone likes you, own the rumour. You can deflect it (Yeah I like the person, but not that way), accept it (the rumours are true, but I don't have the courage), or deny it (nah, that rumour has no basis to it).

If the rumour is about you in a certain way, the best case is to cease the rumour and desist the ones creating that rumour. You can use the threat of legal action to cease it, or you can tell the rumour-mongers to stop. In this case you don't need to accept, deflect, or deny.

Remember rumours are baseless unless you no longer make it a rumour. Some people have no lives, so they like to invest their own time in yours to make their lives mean something.

Just my opinions on the matter, and based off my own experiences

The ones who believe them do not matter but that's easier said than done. If you can find out who started it, you can confront them about it but they'll play dumb. Best bet I'd to talk to a teacher like others said.

Ignore them. It’s not what people call you it’s what you answer to.

Wise words from madea 😂

I came from a small town back in the day when being gay wasn’t accepted and I got called a f@g daily. This went on until I started busting people in the mouth.

So you have 2 options ignore or fight.
Yeah, and back then even having gay friends like I did, made people think or claim your gay. It was pretty messed up when I look back to even middle school to see how awful gay men were treated. Not only bullied but physically assaulted.

Yeah, and back then even having gay friends like I did, made people think or claim your gay. It was pretty messed up when I look back to even middle school to see how awful gay men were treated. Not only bullied but physically assaulted.
I had a friend in that same situation. Such a shame.

I was going to suggest something actually then the emoji justified, for me anyway, that it’s clearly not a rumour.

Confirm.

And if so called friends believe the rumors and come at you about them instead of being on your side, cut them off. I've dealt with it before, even recently. True friends will defend you when they hear rumors.

Step-by-step guide on how to get out of a rumour:
  • Create a bigger rumour (that's reasonably true)
  • Ensure everyone is aware of this new rumour
  • Provide sufficient evidence to reject this rumour
  • Voila, planted reasonable doubt regarding previous rumour
  • Tip: never admit to a rumour unless you get smth out of it

As much as I agree the best offence is the best defence, fire with fire yada yada, I genuinely don’t think creating a bigger rumour is ever a positive outcome. Don’t do that.

As much as I agree the best offence is the best defence, fire with fire yada yada, I genuinely don’t think creating a bigger rumour is ever a positive outcome. Don’t do that.
Exactly, it just makes it harder for your credibility.