How much storage does forums have?

Robinm

Forums must have a huge amount of storage space, it seems to be unlimited. It's amazing how it keeps posts from many years ago. My question is, how much storage does it have? Billions of terabytes?

Depends on the server storage

There isn't much. The chats purge their logs weekly and I suspect uploaded images are even shorter periods than that. The forums frequently get culled. You'll notice large time periods missing when there's lots of posts in a forum.

I'd say a few hundred gigs, at most.

There isn't much. The chats purge their logs weekly and I suspect uploaded images are even shorter periods than that. The forums frequently get culled. You'll notice large time periods missing when there's lots of posts in a forum.

That’s sounds right

also SQL databases doesnt take up that much space i dont think thats why they get used

Forums must have a huge amount of storage space, it seems to be unlimited. It's amazing how it keeps posts from many years ago. My question is, how much storage does it have? Billions of terabytes?
Oh lookie here it's Robin!

It has wot it has.

Now if you wanna know exactly stick around haha lol

No, not enough because they keep purging things. But it's Okey that you don't understand.
we learn this in school now. u old ppl had to go to university or teach urself or get one of those old certification things from big companies who r pretending to be educational framework

I have no post secondary education. No Certifications.

Edit: to be fair, I also learned a lot of that back in high school too....

I have no post secondary education. No Certifications.

Edit: to be fair, I also learned a lot of that back in high school too....
i didn't think they have computers back then? i did say self taught ppl as well