How to get a cat to swallow a pill.

My dog hated taking her pills.... so I hid them in a teaspoon of Peanut butter, slopped it on my finger and pried her mouth open until she tasted the peanut butter which made her lick then I slid the pill towards the backside of her mouth and poof she had no choice but to swallow

EDIT: crushing any pill could be harmful. It breaks the time release
with a cat I would wrap him/her in a blanket so you're not scratched and the cat wont get hurt
I think it must depend on the actual pill as I checked with the vet beforehand and he actually recommended it.

Any advice on getting a cat to swallow a pill?
A Really Old Thread This Is .... And No One Gave You The Right Answer .... It's Really Simple ....

Take For Example .. "Flea Away" Pills Which Are Organic And Contain No Chemical Toxins And Actually Work Quite Well

And Are Also Oblong Shaped ... Break The Pill Into 4 Tiny Pieces, Sit Your Cat In Your Lap, On It's Butt.......

Tail Comfortably Facing Out Away From It, With It's Back Facing Your Stomach, Stroke It's Belly, And Under It's Chinny Chin Chin With

Your Index Finger .. If It Trusts You And Wuv's You, Gently Open It's Mouth With Two Fingers, One For The Top Jaw And One For The

Bottom Jaw, Put One Of The Four Pieces Into It's Mouth On It's Tongue, (DO NOT FORCE IT INTO THE BACK OF THE THROAT! ! ! THIS

WILL MAKE IT GAG AND IT WILL HATE YOU ! ! !) As It Chews And Swallows The Piece Gently Stroke It's Throat With Your Finger

When It's Chewed And Completely Swallowed The Piece Repeat This Operation 3 More Times, After All 4 Pill Pieces Have Been

Completely Chewed And Swallowed, Tell Your Cat What A Good Cat It Is, Then Give It A Nice Fresh Chunk Of Albacore Tuna As A

Reward, If You Get Bitten Or Scratched You Did Not Follow My Instructions, And Or Your Cat Hates You Anyway, And You Shouldn't

Have A Cat, Get An Iguana And Feed It Maraschino Cherries, (Warning If You Wear Red Toe Nail Paint ... Well ... DON'T)

Oh No Please GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
Porky Pig GIF

Any advice on getting a cat to swallow a pill? My grandparents cat needs to take daily meds and its proving a nightmare to force the pill down his throat. He hides, scratches, bites etc and its not fun.
Weve tried the wrapping in cheese trick but he seems to be wise to it.
Put it in their mouth and hold it closed till they swallow takes a couple seconds done it lots was shown this by our vet.

I was so extra when I was younger. I wouldn’t swallow meds so if it was in a pill they’d crush it up and put it in apple sauce but then I wouldn’t like the taste so I’d gag each bite. It took forever and I was so dramatic. Looking back I’d have 4 years worth of time back if I would had just swallowed the damn thing lol.

Yeah cats arnt like humans or dogs they can smell it and don’t matter what u coat it with they won’t eat it. A dog u could wrap shlt in bacon and it will eat it a human u can do whatever @Ks_guy said but cats there is only one easy
way and they don’t even notice.

Yeah cats arnt like humans or dogs they can smell it and don’t matter what u coat it with they won’t eat it. A dog u could wrap shlt in bacon and it will eat it a human u can do whatever @Ks_guy said but cats there is only one east way and they don’t even notice.
O not my post wasn’t a solution just a story about me lol.