I got ip banned but for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amy4609

like i said i was gonna go on teen chat and it said exactly "You have been banned from this chat. Your IP address has been recorded and can be used by law enforcement to identify you in cases involving illegal activity." idk if the rules changes but idk if im too cute to be illegal no but srs i wanna the cause my account was amy46

Hi @amy4609

Don't worry, you're not banned.
Try this:

Banned but no reason in ban page?

If you see ban screen without any reason it doesnโ€™t mean youโ€™re banned. It means your IP is blocked until youโ€™ve changed it and refreshed your page. Some of the reasons why your IP might be blocked:
  • Youโ€™re using a VPN - the sites are blocking these. Often used in attempts to bypass bans and other suspicious activities
  • Your country or state is blocked and/or itโ€™s blocking the site
  • An alternate account of yours has been banned
  • The host might be blacklisted
  • A bug. Try clearing history/cache
If that still doesn't work, let me know.

i have a vpn but ik ur site doesnt allow it so i obv never use it, my country has never done that, i dont have any alternate account, i dont think so idk ive never been blacklisted from anything so idk, and did clear my history before coming on the forum so idk whats happening but tysm for helping me

no no i never had it on, cuz i only use my vpn at school to get past websites but i always do chat avenue at home and the mods fixed the problems but tysm for trying to help

Hi amy!

IP addresses are dynamically assigned in some cases. It's possible you were assigned an IP address by your service provider which is banned/blocked on Teen Chat.

If you're on Wi Fi I'd recommend restarting the router. If it's cellular data, restarting your device might help. Alternatively, clearing site cache/data or using a different device are also solutions to the problem.

Regards,
g2

Status
Not open for further replies.