If this is a kids chat, why is moderation so lenient now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily08Baseball

This is a chat meant for kids that apparently now allows any age with "parental permission" that can't even be proven. This alone is complete BS. I'm new to the site and was shocked this was a rule. Even when you now allow any age to be preyed on by pedophiles, the staffing has gotten so lenient that pedos aren't even getting kicked when it's blatantly obvious they're overage.

Take this screenshot for example:
https://ibb.co/jWmV1kP

I cropped out the mod's name and profile because those are irrelevant to this post considering this isn't the first time boat loads of evidence was needed to get an obvious pedo kicked from the site. Stuff like this is happening across the board, and it's not right to single out one mod for it.

Uncl4FunChat thought I was an 8 year old because I put 8 in front of my name, not knowing at the time that doing that meant your age on this site. So based on this alone, even if Uncl4FunChat was a 19 year old (extremely slim chance), is PMing what he thought was an 8 year old really appropriate for a "19 year old" looking for a "fun chat?" And why exactly is the only thing this mod could do was ask him to change his name? If it's a pedo, which it clearly is, what is changing his name going to do? Let him prey on little kids with a different alias?

If you're going to allow children of all ages, at least enforce the rules. It shouldn't take an FBI investigation to get someone simply kicked for a few hours.

Last edited:
Hello!

I told you in the pm we had that I dealt with that guy by muting them for 5 minutes and asking them to change his name. Family names in usernames are mute with warning to change name, and then kick if offense is repeated, or if they did not do what i said. You could have always asked his age when trying to report them to me or any other of the 7 mods because if a mod asks for an age, chances are they will always say some age between 13 and 19. Regardless, they left the room after being told to change it, hence they either did what i said or actually left the room for the night.

Sorry that you had to experience this. Always try to ask for their age, screenshot, and report if you think they are overage. That will get the user banned. Providing no proof they are overage will have me mute them for the family name instead, or for other reasons for other rule offender's cases. This is something we all must work on to keep kids chat safer.

-Ophelia

This is a chat meant for kids that apparently now allows any age with "parental permission" that can't even be proven. This alone is complete BS. I'm new to the site and was shocked this was a rule. Even when you now allow any age to be preyed on by pedophiles, the staffing has gotten so lenient that pedos aren't even getting kicked when it's blatantly obvious they're overage.

Take this screenshot for example:
https://ibb.co/jWmV1kP

I cropped out the mod's name and profile because those are irrelevant to this post considering this isn't the first time boat loads of evidence was needed to get an obvious pedo kicked from the site. Stuff like this is happening across the board, and it's not right to single out one mod for it.

Uncl4FunChat thought I was an 8 year old because I put 8 in front of my name, not knowing at the time that doing that meant your age on this site. So based on this alone, even if Uncl4FunChat was a 19 year old (extremely slim chance), is PMing what he thought was an 8 year old really appropriate for a "19 year old" looking for a "fun chat?" And why exactly is the only thing this mod could do was ask him to change his name? If it's a pedo, which it clearly is, what is changing his name going to do? Let him prey on little kids with a different alias?

If you're going to allow children of all ages, at least enforce the rules. It shouldn't take an FBI investigation to get someone simply kicked for a few hours.

You have a valid point. Even if they were 19, confronting an "8" year old for fun when you are 19 is extremely innapropriate.
On the matter of "any age allowed as long as they have parents permission" That was a rule made my ChatMaster. He made it because with the younger users being allowed on, more traffic would be made to the website, ending up with more money in his pocket.
(Also, numbers at the end of usernames don't always mean age. My username on the chat is "NathanMeadows45", but I am in no way 45. Lol.)

There is a rule against family names used in usernames, so one way or another, those users would be forced to change them or be kicked by a mod.

Another rule means that those 13+ cannot ask for under 13's, and the under 13s cannot ask for 13+, which I strictly enforce.

As mods, we have to take at face value the age that a user gives, and if they have parents permission if under 13. As I have sisters under 13, I kind of know how they would behave and what my parents would say, so if I learn that an under 13 is asking for a lot older, and posting inappropriate stuff, or putting up inappropriate images in their profile, I know that their parents would not have agreed to that, or that they were putting themselves in danger, so I feel justified to kick them on the basis their parents would not have agreed to what they were doing.

Some users are not being clear about the ages they are asking for, some say "older", or say "young girls", and we mods are making sure those users make it clear what age they are asking for, and that they do not ask for ages they are not allowed to by our rules.

I dont think that there are many under 10 on kids chat, and of those, we quickly can suss if they are fake or not. The really young would come on to kids chat if there is an older family member on as well, I dont see many under 10's coming on here by accident.

I personally think the age limit should be 18, but I dont make the rules.

Uncl4FunChat thought I was an 8 year old because I put 8 in front of my name, not knowing at the time that doing that meant your age on this site. So based on this alone, even if Uncl4FunChat was a 19 year old (extremely slim chance), is PMing what he thought was an 8 year old really appropriate for a "19 year old" looking for a "fun chat?" And why exactly is the only thing this mod could do was ask him to change his name? If it's a pedo, which it clearly is, what is changing his name going to do? Let him prey on little kids with a different alias?.

My question to you is, if this is the case did you report this to any moderator or any admin with a screenshot if not then why not? Since it's obvious you know how to post screenshots.

As for anyone claiming to be 19 and an uncle, that should not even be the issue, the issue is breakage of the rule "KC-31 Do not use family names in your chat name such as mom/mother/dad/father/brother/sister/uncle/aunt.

And unless anyone can prove that this person was, in fact, older than 19 or was indeed making contact with anybody below 13 by actually providing evidence of such then this is the only rule that was technically broken and thusly telling the person breaking said rule that they needed to change was in fact the correct way to deal with this issue.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.