Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

• Total voters
Grumpy Cat GIF
Grumpy cat knows all !🀣

A hot dog, aka frankfurter, is a sausage, and is classified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) that the hot dog is considered a sandwich according to its definition of a sandwich. However, according to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, it is not, even though it had one time agreed with the USDA. I'm going with sandwich because of the definition.

I'd argue that a hot dog is, in fact, a sloppy joe, because they both have cursed textures and aren't real meat. Likewise, tacos ARE sandwiches, because they're both layered and taste like plastic, which, incidentally, tastes better than omelettes. Hope this helps.

Even the language experts have issued a verdict: Merriam-Webster came down definitively on the side of yes, a hot dog IS a sandwich, because β€œthe definition of sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between.
I copied that from guugle btw I don’t have that kinda grammar sorry Annie

I was going to say no but then a sandwich has some meat or some other substance between two pieces of bread. Hotdogs can be a type of sandwich cause you have the hot dog between usually a bun, and people put ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut and onions on their hotdogs, I personally dislike hot dogs but it totally can be considered a sandwich.

Even the language experts have issued a verdict: Merriam-Webster came down definitively on the side of yes, a hot dog IS a sandwich, because β€œthe definition of sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between.
Googler

I don't use ****** to settle my arguments, ****** is heavly biased and terrible search engine go ahead and look something confusing up, all it looks up is the keywords then mashes them together it doesn't search word for word

I don't use ****** to settle my arguments, ****** is heavly biased and terrible search engine go ahead and look something confusing up, all it looks up is the keywords then mashes them together it doesn't search word for word
Well guugle so there lol
next media animation google GIF

Oh and it’s a sammich 😝

Slightly relevant: a Hot Pocket IS considered a sandwich, even though the "buns" are all one piece. It's neither two or more slices of bread or a split roll.

Reactions: Kd.