Is it time to go electric?

Chazzz

What is your opinion on electric vehicles? Do you think they are worth buying compared to traditional gas-powered vehicles? I hope we can still upgrade or do mods in electric trucks. I'm not sure if we can still put cheap lift kits or tweak some parts in them. Maybe I'd still go with the gas-running trucks than electric ones until they phase it out.

Gas-powered vehicles are not sustainable. The reason why they are more popular than electric vehicles despite unsustainability is because of ultra-wealthy oligarchs monopolizing resources internationally. Which is why global warming is increasing rather than decreasing still despite the environmentalism activists protesting. Environmentalism activists are being an afterthought in mainstream media. Because mainstream media is monopolized by ultra-wealthy oligarchs. Mainstream media is not controlled by people who make younger generations become critical thinkers properly. Environmentalism activists have been an afterthought to these ultra-wealthy oligarchs for many decades. That's why nothing significant has been done to replace unsustainable business models with environmentally friendly ones internationally for decreasing global warming. Because these greedy oligarchs don't care about people's well-being and would rather make our world burn with profitably endless wars, oil drilling, etc. That is why electric vehicles have been less popular than gas-powered ones. I would like electric vehicles to replace every gas-powered vehicle. Only if it is practical, though.

I think it really depends on why you would prefer one over the other. If you're thinking the EV's are more environmentally friendly you would be wrong in the long run. Electric Vehicles leave a huge impact on the environment. From the mining or the heavy materials to build just the batteries to still using fossil fuels to create the electricity that the EV Batteries store. Because of physics it takes the same amount of energy to propel a petrol propulsion vehicle as it does the Electric Vehicle, and until all electricity for their batteries are created with renewable energy, their environmental impact will be zero. take a look at just the crater that is created to mine just one of the heavy metals and the amount of energy it takes to create a battery as to the amount of energy and the amount of de-foliage for a fossil fuel well. Then take a look at just how long an Electric vehicle will remain in a land fill and the amount of the EV that can be recycled as compared to a petrol vehicle. So going green isn't as green as you are being led to believe. Here is a good read Are electric cars really greener?

I have an idea... Nuclear powered vehicles: 100000kms on one tank, easy to cool, and spent fuel can be reused.

Downside, well look ou--

atomic bomb explosion GIF

On a serious note, electric vehicle technology is still 20 years behind in terms on battery life, quick recharging and affordability. Ethanol powered or Hydrogen powered vehicles are a better alternative, despite the technology being 30 years behind on that. It looked like we could be at a stage where petroleum is phased out as a major choice of fuel, instead we just continued to be asleep behind the wheel.

I think it really depends on why you would prefer one over the other. If you're thinking the EV's are more environmentally friendly you would be wrong in the long run. Electric Vehicles leave a huge impact on the environment. From the mining or the heavy materials to build just the batteries to still using fossil fuels to create the electricity that the EV Batteries store. Because of physics it takes the same amount of energy to propel a petrol propulsion vehicle as it does the Electric Vehicle, and until all electricity for their batteries are created with renewable energy, their environmental impact will be zero. take a look at just the crater that is created to mine just one of the heavy metals and the amount of energy it takes to create a battery as to the amount of energy and the amount of de-foliage for a fossil fuel well. Then take a look at just how long an Electric vehicle will remain in a land fill and the amount of the EV that can be recycled as compared to a petrol vehicle. So going green isn't as green as you are being led to believe. Here is a good read Are electric cars really greener?
sadly, the best solution to solving the impact of our transportation on the enviroment, would be a change too radical to rlly implement, which is public transportation. u can transport alot mor people using alot less resources, but like most likely no one would chose to use public transportation unless we forced them too. us humans r too self centered for that, and resistant to change

sadly, the best solution to solving the impact of our transportation on the enviroment, would be a change too radical to rlly implement, which is public transportation. u can transport alot mor people using alot less resources, but like most likely no one would chose to use public transportation unless we forced them too. us humans r too self centered for that, and resistant to change
Public transportation is nice in areas where it is feasible, but in some places of the US there just ins't enough "public" to warrant putting in stops. I don't think there is a easy solution and passing laws only in developed countries isn't going to make enough impact to warrant the cost of doing business through regulations.

Public transportation is nice in areas where it is feasible, but in some places of the US there just ins't enough "public" to warrant putting in stops. I don't think there is a easy solution and passing laws only in developed countries isn't going to make enough impact to warrant the cost of doing business through regulations.
yea, small rural areas dont produce that much pollution thru transportation anyway. big citys is the place to focus our efforts

Just saw on the news this morning that you can purchase an old electric car now for under $14,000. The new models are far too expensive and there are also not enough charging stations yet, especially in rural areas.

I also agree with @SerenityMoon that electric cars don't actually help but hinder the environmental movement. The technology just isn't up-to-speed and needs to be reworked before facilities start getting built (right on top of open lands or fields, which defeats the purpose of saving the environment in the first place).

So I have a Tesla Model 3 LR. I didn't get it because I want to save the environment or any of that crap. It's my second vehicle and I like the technology and it's fast af! That being said, it's not a convenient car to have as you must plan more than with and ICE vehicle. The fully charged range is 358 miles but the way I drive, 280 more realistically. The car does great at planning trips for you including the stops you need at superchargers along the way. Usually all I need is 10-15 min at a supercharger.
You can modify most anything but modifications come at a cost. Usually a cost to range. The vehicles are designed to be as streamlined and as light as possible. Start messing with either of those and you'll likely degrade the range considerably.

We are told and advised to go electric, but some countries are already reducing the times that charge stations are open. I have a hybrid, which is fine locally, but living in rural Scotland, and the big towns like Edinburgh and Glasgow well out off the range off an electric car, id rather have regular fuel as back up. Hybrid is the best way

Buy/fix used cars. Fix/upgrade if necessary. That way, the production of cars altogether will slow down. Electric or not, producing, shipping and marketing new cars is never going to benefit the environment in a pace as fast as many claim. Using excuses such as better fuel economy might be good for your financial economy, but the process of creating a friendlier environment is just extended over and over again in a slower pace rather than something drastic.