ITS FOOTBALL, NOT SOCCER!!!

What do you think, football or soccer?

i have said it once and will say it again, the only football....is FIFA rules, soccer is soccer, then you have rugby and the other one, from america, i dont even know what thats called, because its unimportant......a real man plays footy (aussie rules, for those who are slow to catch on)

Americans have to be different and superior to the rest of the world

Football- anywhere in the world it is played/kicked with your feet
goalkeeper is exempt.

Football in the USA is basically what Aussies call Ruby.
Ruby is played by MEN
American football is played by big fragile men with a lot of equipment so they don't get hurt Sad bunch.

Does it matter what you call? You can call Baseball "Steroid inducing bat-swinging borefest time" and wouldn't it still be baseball? I understand your frustration though...culture differences can be a b#^xy sometimes, can't it?

Just like how most Americans think the superbowl is the most watched sports event, it’s the culture 😂 gotta live in our bubble. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Ive seen those interviews where americans think the superbowl is the most watched sports event lol or the olympics like bro the fifa world cup, the uefa champions league finals, hell im pretty sure la liga and serie a have a more views than the superbowl. Hell even cricket gets more views.

Definitely football - Association Football (although admittedly the word "soccer" is the diminutive term. I don't like to hear the word though).

Two rugby codes - League (13-a-side) and Union (15 a-side). League for me

Definitely football - Association Football (although admittedly the word "soccer" is the diminutive term. I don't like to hear the word though).

Two rugby codes - League (13-a-side) and Union (15 a-side). League for me
im with you on that one

Football is big American men running and hitting one another with explosive plays and body parts flying off. Soccer is for dainty Europeans small little men playing to an exciting 0-0 tie.
Actually I know soccer is more popular worldwide. I will call it soccer. When one of the dainty little gents have their heart stopped by a blow to the heart then I will call it football.

Football is big American men running and hitting one another with explosive plays and body parts flying off. Soccer is for dainty Europeans small little men playing to an exciting 0-0 tie.
Actually I know soccer is more popular worldwide. I will call it soccer. When one of the dainty little gents have their heart stopped by a blow to the heart then I will call it football.
They wear copious amounts of protective gear though, unlike rugby players.

No one outside of the US pays the slightest attention to American Football. Whereas football is popular in Europe, South America and Africa and rugby is popular in Europe (the UK, Ireland, France and Italy) Argentina, South Africa, and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Samoa)

They wear copious amounts of protective gear though, unlike rugby players.

No one outside of the US pays the slightest attention to American Football. Whereas football is popular in Europe, South America and Africa and rugby is popular in Europe (the UK, Ireland, France and Italy) Argentina, South Africa, and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Samoa)
popular in asia too like vietnam, china (where history says it started), japan, philippines, malaysia, india, cambodia, south korea, indonesia, myanmar, singapore, thailand, pakistan even israel and palestine all part of AFC

There have been instances of (association) footballers dropping dead during games due to cardiac arrests actually....Perhaps it's because they run for 45 minutes each half, plus time added on - a total of 90+ minutes, virtually without respite (unless they are substituted or dismissed from play) - unlike the big guys in layers and layers of padding and big helmets who stop after every single play, and have lots of timeouts. Come to think of it, maybe that's why your game (ours actually - it's really rugby and should last 80 minutes, but as usual you have complicated a simple game) takes about three or four hours to complete instead of the 60 minutes scheduled (four quarters each consisting of fifteen minutes).

Last edited:
I bet rugby players would wear pads to if they were staring down a Derrick Henry type player 😂. Or if they threw forward passes

I bet rugby players would wear pads to if they were staring down a Derrick Henry type player 😂. Or if they threw forward passes
Derrick Henry.
IMG-7132.jpg

VS

Tendai Mtawarira
IMG-7133.webp

IMG-7134.webp

My money’s on Tendai Mtawarira, he’d squash Derrick.