Job offer

Rudog

Hi,
I received a job offer but I'm not sure if it would be a good fit. I want to try it for a few weeks without leaving my current job. This way in case its not a good fit, I could always go back to my current job. Any ideas on how I can do this. I'm terrified to leave my current job without first knowing that this new job would be a good fit.
I would really appropriate any advice.

There are 2 ways you could handle this:

1. The hard way: Work both jobs if possible for 2 or 3 weeks, then drop the one you like the least.

2. The easy way: Simply give a 2-week notice at your current job. Giving a notice makes you eligible for rehire at most companies, so if you find you don't like the new job you should be able to get your old job back.

Thank you so much for your reply. If you don't mind, I would like to give a little more detail in regards to my dilemma.

I have been working at my current job for over 3 years but the supervisor is difficult to get along with. He always make you feel like
your are not doing enough and can sometimes come across as disrespectful. No matter what you do, he always makes it seem like you are wrong.
Instead of being a true leader and motivating you, I always feel like he is out to get me. It was so bad, that at night I would continually wake up feeling like I was having a panic attack. I finally had to report him and now he has calmed down.

I have been looking for a new job for some time now but unfortunately the pay has been less than what I am making now. I finally got an offer but it's 11 more miles than I currently commute. In addition, it currently takes me 20 mins in the morning commute as opposed to 40-45 mins for the new job. I will be getting a $2 increase. Do you think I should give it a try for at least a week?

i would truly appreciate your input.

Last edited:
Do you think I should give it a try for at least a week?
I can't answer this. You have to weigh the pros and cons yourself and decide if the trade-off is worth it.

But I will confess that I would've shown my boss my middle finger and walked off a job long before ever allowing myself to become so stressed as to have nightly panic attacks. It's just a job, and no job is worth that misery. Once I clock out, I don't want to talk about or even think about work, and if my job is interfering with my personal happiness then it's time for me to go.

It seems to me that you're taking your job way too seriously.
Taking a more idgaf approach can do wonders for one's peace of mind.

It may be better opportunity for but hidden risk appear when you face this job because Employer is always clever and they tell nothing about bad thing about self.

Thank you for the interesting information. I also want to share up-to-date information with you. This is my favorite blogabout earning money on the Internet. Now I have several goals. One of them is to learn how to earn good money online,and the second is to become your own boss. Do you think this is real?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what can I tell you. Ideally, you need to leave work with at least a reserve of funds if the new one does not fit or you do not like it.So if I lose my main job, it won't be a big problem, since there is such a reserve. You can think about this option, but there should always be a fallback
;)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Last edited by a moderator: