KCR#2

KCR #2 - Language

English is the only allowed language. This applies to all usernames, rooms, private messages, bios, and moods.

Please help me understand why you cannot use other languages in PMs? I understand in main chat but PMs you should be allowed to converse in other languages. I don’t want to hear any excuses like “well MODs have no idea what is being said.” Use ****** Translate and stop being lazy.

i understand your point of view. however, having english as the only allowed language in all areas of the site, including pms, helps keep the environment open, transparent and welcoming for all users.

using goo.gle translate to understand non-english messages in pms would not provide an accurate or reliable translation in many cases. different languages have nuances and connotations that cannot be perfectly captured by automated tools. this could lead to misunderstandings and disagreements due to incorrect or unclear translations.

keeping all communication in english helps ensure there are no miscommunications due to translation issues. it allows all users, including mods, to easily understand what is being discussed. this helps maintain a friendly, safe and inclusive environment for everyone on the site.

while conversing in other languages in pms may be convenient at times, exceptions could be difficult to enforce consistently and fairly. the rule helps provide a simple, clear standard that applies to all users equally.

I do see what you’re saying and I also know you’re not a mod in other rooms nor can create any rule in other rooms. However, this is the only rule that has English only in PMs. It’s very disproportionate compared to the other rules. Not trying to make it a big deal but if it’s not in other rooms then it shouldn’t be in this room.

we don't make the rules, we just enforce and follow them : (
hopefully maybe sometime in thebfuture we can offer that,
but as of right now, it's too difficult.
I appreciate your thoughts on this matter and hope to see you in chat : )

i understand your point of view. however, having english as the only allowed language in all areas of the site, including pms, helps keep the environment open, transparent and welcoming for all users.

using goo.gle translate to understand non-english messages in pms would not provide an accurate or reliable translation in many cases. different languages have nuances and connotations that cannot be perfectly captured by automated tools. this could lead to misunderstandings and disagreements due to incorrect or unclear translations.

keeping all communication in english helps ensure there are no miscommunications due to translation issues. it allows all users, including mods, to easily understand what is being discussed. this helps maintain a friendly, safe and inclusive environment for everyone on the site.

while conversing in other languages in pms may be convenient at times, exceptions could be difficult to enforce consistently and fairly. the rule helps provide a simple, clear standard that applies to all users equally.
A eminently eloquent riposte.

We, sadly, are only given the rules. We do not make them.
I'd love to bug @0sen in one with Greek, or talk to my friends in Russian like I do irl.
It's not something possible at this moment in time, though. Sorry!

I’d love to tell a few people off in Ilacano (my local dialect, quite different from Filipino/Tagalog, but still based on ancient Taiwanese). Confuse the heck out of them lol