Kik will shut down October 19

The Voice

Kik will shut down October 19, here's the data trail it leaves behind

"Here lies Kik, a messaging app that will shut down on October 19 and has begun shutting down servers over the weekend. After being mired in controversy about privacy concerns, and lawsuits like the big one by the SEC over its Kin cryptocurrency, we have here a eulogy for this once novel startup. As we lay Kik to rest, let's review the alternative data for the last time. Apologises in advance to the app's 300 million users β€” you'll have to find a new way to text one another without others knowing what you're up to."

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Kik before until realizing Big Brother spies on my messages on it. Otherwise, Discord has become a cringeworthy business with creepy datamining like other American businesses. I would have a Discord account if my government-tracked phone number was not involved. So, I would rather be alone than join a datamining platform requiring government-tracked phone numbers. Some of these social media platform business owners have created this datamining surveillance state society that benefits ultra-wealthy oligarchs who are wealthier than most people. They have enabled impulsive consumerism. It makes me not surprised that critical thinking has decreased in younger generations. So, I find the younger generations are impulsive consumers willing to give up their online privacy and continue doing the stupid status quo that benefits only ultra-wealthy oligarchs who control our world on a socioeconomic level. Ever since 9/11 happened, China started becoming a dehumanizingly collectivistic nation, countries legalized online surveillance, America's fascist military-industrial complex bullies other nations, some popular social media platforms requires people giving up their online privacy, and so forth, I am not relying on Kik. Kik is contributing to this datamining surveillance state that can benefit politically corrupt hands that want to exploit weak people.

Could you bring more arguments about Plus500? I have heard a lot of great reviews about this platform. Especially I like the fact that they have an app. For me personally it's easier to watch stocks in the app. Anyway, there are many trusted platforms for NO LINKS, you just have to find the ones with the most benefits for you. I always check the license when I enter some new platform. Then, I read reviews, because the license it's only half way to success. I pay attention on the statistics offered by the platform. As stocks are related to deep analytics, for the it's super important to have access to well designed charts.
I feel like if I click that link it will hack me

Last edited by a moderator: