Mistreatment of Thumper71

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries

After having taken a 4-5 yr break from the Lesbian Chatroom, I decided to come back to see if there were still some old regulars coming in. I saw Thumper71, and remembered him as always being friendly. Since he was appointed a position as mod, I have noticed people giving him a hard time. I sat quietly and watched as this was happening, but was not sure what I could do,if anything. I figured that he could handle it just fine on his own,which he has. However,the last few days "things" were starting to get more personal. Out of respect for Thumper71, I'm not disclosing any details....Fast forward to yesterday, Rixton, and her minions were bullying Thumper71, so much so that he had to leave the chatroom. At this point,I'd had enough. Bullying is NOT ok, and should NEVER be allowed to take place. I stood up to the bully(in an unconventional way,I'll admit). With that being said, Rixton is a very manipulative, dishonest person. Because of her actions, I feel that she should be banned from this site! Oh,by the way Rixton,I couldn't care LESS if you can stand me or not!!

. ~100 agates

After having taken a 4-5 yr break from the Lesbian Chatroom, I decided to come back to see if there were still some old regulars coming in. I saw Thumper71, and remembered him as always being friendly. Since he was appointed a position as mod, I have noticed people giving him a hard time. I sat quietly and watched as this was happening, but was not sure what I could do,if anything. I figured that he could handle it just fine on his own,which he has. However,the last few days "things" were starting to get more personal. Out of respect for Thumper71, I'm not disclosing any details....Fast forward to yesterday, Rixton, and her minions were bullying Thumper71, so much so that he had to leave the chatroom. At this point,I'd had enough. Bullying is NOT ok, and should NEVER be allowed to take place. I stood up to the bully(in an unconventional way,I'll admit). With that being said, Rixton is a very manipulative, dishonest person. Because of her actions, I feel that she should be banned from this site! Oh,by the way Rixton,I couldn't care LESS if you can stand me or not!!

. ~100 agates
Any screen shots to back up your claim?

I think the person bullying Thumper should get ignored, but I think you need evidence for the abusive behavior. Because without proof, the admin of Lesbian Chat can't take any action against them, and they might continue to harass Thumper or other users. People don't know how to ignore so might as well say that there is an option just saying.

@Thumper71
As a moderator, you are going to have people who get upset with you and even attack you, it comes with the territory. Moderators need to have a thick skin and the maturity to handle it appropriately.

However, when it turns into abuse or harassment, no one needs to accept that. And moderators have tools they can use to manage those situations. If someone is abusive in PMs you can simply choose to ignore it. Or you could incrementally mute/kick them.
If someone is being abusive towards a moderator in the main chat enough where it is disrupting the chat, the same action can be taken. If it becomes a systemic problem the moderator could ask that the person be banned.

No one, mod or chatter, should tolerate being abused. Hang in there πŸ’ͺ🏻

yes Daniella helped me, and ty for that Daniella. Ty everyone for the kind words. I do have thick skin, it's a hard job somedays being a mod, but I love it, bc I get to help ppl in chat. Fot now, THIS situation is handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.