Purebred or mutt?

I find it rather interesting to read.

I used to be able to recognise dog breeds most of the time from just looking at them, because I had Puppy in my Pocket as a kid, that listed different dog types!

I don't think that pure breed or mutt would bother me much, because I think dogs are awesome whatever they are. It saddens me that the genetic problems that may hinder or kill them may be the very reason that they were kept alive.

I was horrified one day when I seen a dog that was like a rotteweiller but with a tail, and I said so to the owner. She told me that it is a rotteweiller, but others get the tail stump by having it cut off!!! :shock1::shock1::shock1:

I find it rather interesting to read.

I used to be able to recognise dog breeds most of the time from just looking at them, because I had Puppy in my Pocket as a kid, that listed different dog types!

I don't think that pure breed or mutt would bother me much, because I think dogs are awesome whatever they are. It saddens me that the genetic problems that may hinder or kill them may be the very reason that they were kept alive.

I was horrified one day when I seen a dog that was like a rotteweiller but with a tail, and I said so to the owner. She told me that it is a rotteweiller, but others get the tail stump by having it cut off!!! :shock1::shock1::shock1:

It's called docking. Back in the day breeders docked dogs tails because to show them they had to adhere to specific guidelines. I own Australian Shephards that are naturally docked. Meaning they are born without tails. But sometimes they are born with tail. Nowadays people don't dock tails because I think it's illegal just like cropping the ear of Dobermens.

What's it matter?

I'm not a pet nazi?

I'd rather breeders stopped looking at their wallets and behaved responsibly - whatever the breed or perceived financial "value" of the breed

lol the top breeders are geneticists. akc breeder of the year in 09 has a phd, and has bred over 120 championship winning dogs. if you're talking about pedigree dogs exposed, the person who put that together is not a geneticist. that said, no matter what side of the debate a geneticist is on i think you should take boths opinions with a grain of salt. you got lawyers who are scientologists and engineers who believe 9/11 was an inside job. the acronym behind your name doesn't necessarily mean you're perfectly informed.

it's ridge is a genetic mutation, but german shepherds are more prone to spinal problems. personally i think it's stupid to breed a dog just for show, same with grooming people just for modeling. its nice to know what you're getting with a purebred dog, but some of the cutest dogs i've seen have been mutts, i.e. german shepherd/husky mix. either way i think people should be required to have training lessons before getting a dog, purebred or mutt.

A lot of the breeders have just been doing it for years, they aren't geneticists. The guy we bought our Dalmatian from was just a family guy who happened to have no experience in breeding but happened to have a female and male Dal, lmfao. :cool: I guess that's why Oreo's temperment is all ****ed up. He's a bitch and even with all the training we tried doing. The other day I was just standing outside with my mom and he ran up behind me and BIT MY BACK. Like, just randomly. I wasn't doing anything to him. His teeth not only did two holes on my back but he dragged his teeth down, so they're like long. -__- Freaking out just thinking about him getting older and more aggressive. I'm thinking he'll tame down after he gets fixed though.

I AGREEEE. My little man, Dodger (who's secretly my favorite, I know I shouldn't play favorites!) is all sorts of mixes and his colors resemble german shepherds, but he looks like a baby wolf tbh. ^-^

It's called docking. Back in the day breeders docked dogs tails because to show them they had to adhere to specific guidelines. I own Australian Shephards that are naturally docked. Meaning they are born without tails. But sometimes they are born with tail. Nowadays people don't dock tails because I think it's illegal just like cropping the ear of Dobermens.

I don't think it's illegal in the U.S.

What's it matter?

I'm not a pet nazi?

I'd rather breeders stopped looking at their wallets and behaved responsibly - whatever the breed or perceived financial "value" of the breed

I agree.

the only purebred i have/had was a Beagle and a Lab. and i watch this thing on Animal Planet about animal horading, this dude had over 300 cats in his house and about a third of then died and he just put them in the basement or cooler. i was disgusted by that guy. Leaivng the animals to suffer. about half of them were sick or nearly starving or dying. I'm glad that guy got arrested :brokenheart:

So my question is, C-A when getting a new dog is being purebred important or do you prefer mutts? What do you think about dog inbreeding? Or the Kennel Club? Is change within canines/species inevitable?

I've got a purebred puppy... He's cute, but just as nice as my mutt... I think both could be just as cute, depending on what kind of dog/cat you want... Eventually even the human species will be a play ground of mutts... And I don't think anything's wrong with that...

Pure bred or Mut

Pure bred or Mut

Personally I dont really care if its a mix breed..infact i kinda think mixed breeds are way more fun..you get the best of both breeds an sometimes not the worse of its breed.