Report limitations

FunGuy40

The second you log on you have at least 3 DM's from bots and when you actively report them, after those 3 you can't report any more which takes away from reporting real members unless a mod is present / checks in regularly which often times doesn't happen.
I know, I know, real life and such... but why can't the report limit be raised or even lifted? Too scared mods have to work too hard?

When i come to a chat room i personal?ly just ignore them. I don't even bother wasting the reports. Ik it doesn't help them strop but you can use those saved reports for real uses. It's kinda a win loose situation.
Oh I know I should do that too but it's like saying "accept the way it is, just be content" similar like when the police brush off stalking and says "Have they hurt you? No? Well we can't do anything till you are physically attacked"

Ngl half of the time i don't even open the messages from it i just delete them. Then i don't use a report or an ignore. Although half of the time i'm a guest in the room so...... I've been having tech issues with my email so i can't register in a certain chat room that i like. Sry off topic lol

i'll let u guys all in on a lil' secret 😏

depending on the chat, like general chat for example, every hour the chat resets & all messages clear;

so even if u increase the report limit, it won't mean anything bc if a mod hasn't been online between the time u made that report & when the chat history clears then that mod won't be able to respond to it bc along with the chat's history that report will also has been automatically cleared 🍜

so basically, after X amount of time, that report might as well has never been made at all; even if you made 50 of them...

believe it ✌🏼

That kinda sucks. So the bots or spammers can come back every hour so waste peoples reports for no reason.

SzZOH77.gif

bots dont stay out for an hour. they may be removed but within 30 seconds are back to send the pm's. you can combat this by setting your pm box to friends list only. ( this option excludes mods and admins)

the issue has less to do with bots, & has to do more with actual users...

scenario; 👇🏼

u can have someone in chat, saying absolutely vile things for what seems like hours, which if a mod isn't on or within' the time frame before the chat's history clears any report made against that user won't exist along with the history of their depraved messages...

naturally the solution would be to take screenshots of any depraved behavior you see & send it to the mods or admin, but what happens when an admin of a certain chat tells you that screenshots are only valid with a report validating the behavior depicted in the screenshot???

you very well may has reported it too, but bc no one was around when u made the report, & by the time someone did come online that report cleared with the chat history, now no action will be taken despite your screenshot bc there was no history of a report made corresponding with the screenshot u submitted as proof of said despicable behavior...

do u see wat im getting at???

this is a flaw that practically presents zero accountability for the staff to actually work off of; forces the staff to then to either assume whats being presented to them is fact, or disregard it as fraud providing no actual solution to anything 💅🏼

some chats has enough active staff where this is only a mild issue (adult chat, teen chat, etc), but there are some that aren't as fortunate...

peace,
god-bless 🕊️🕊️

Good luck getting anything to change, even though it so clearly needs to. If you're lucky they'll acknowledge your comments and then politely tell you to shove your suggestion where the sun don't shine.