Seeking Advice on Pet Grooming

mesefor4

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding pet grooming and would appreciate any advice or insights you might have. I recently adopted a furry friend and want to ensure their grooming routine is top-notch. Specifically, I'm curious about effective brushing techniques for a long-haired breed and any recommended grooming tools or products. Additionally, if anyone has tips on managing shedding, I'd be grateful! Share your experiences or any lessons learned along the way. Your expertise will undoubtedly make a positive impact on my pet's well-being.

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding pet grooming and would appreciate any advice or insights you might have. I recently adopted a furry friend and want to ensure their grooming routine is top-notch. Specifically, I'm curious about effective brushing techniques for a long-haired breed and any recommended grooming tools or products from pet grooming top. Additionally, if anyone has tips on managing shedding, I'd be grateful! Share your experiences or any lessons learned along the way. Your expertise will undoubtedly make a positive impact on my pet's well-being.
thanks in advance for your help

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding pet grooming and would appreciate any advice or insights you might have. I recently adopted a furry friend and want to ensure their grooming routine is top-notch. Specifically, I'm curious about effective brushing techniques for a long-haired breed and any recommended grooming tools or products. Additionally, if anyone has tips on managing shedding, I'd be grateful! Share your experiences or any lessons learned along the way. Your expertise will undoubtedly make a positive impact on my pet's well-being.
I have a Pomeranian who has unbelievably thick hair. I get him groomed about every 4-6 weeks in the summer, and every 8 in the winter.

Grooming can be kind of expensive $80/visit, so to save time/money sometimes, I bought a deshedding brush that works wonders! It was around $30 on Chewy, and I use it a couple of times a week. I know that they also sell deshedding pet shampoo, although I've never tried it.

Good luck! (pic of my doggo Bruce, and the deshedding brush I have for reference).

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3680.jpeg
    IMG_3680.jpeg
    743.8 KB · Views: 6
Whatever brushes and combs you buy don't just dive in with them. Take it slowly and let your pet get used to the brush first just to sniff/see it, then put it on their hair but dont brush and then progress to very light brushing and build from there.

i pay $45 for my groomer. both my dogs get done every 8 weeks. bath nails glands teeth and cut. i have a maltese and a bichon. most dogs who get cut dont shed terribly much. the key is to keep up on the mats, dont let them get matted. even brushing every day they can still get them. when its too bad i just take a pair of school/dull tip scissors and cut it out. i have a pair of pet clippers too. they come in handy when im away from the groomer for more than the regular time.