Should there be a world-wide "blanket" age of consent?

Should there be a world-wide "blanket" age of consent?

• Total voters
Bread you targeted none of what I said.

It's also highly ignorant to not mention the amount of girls sent to countries to marry even when their parents or grand parents have moved overseas and have a better life. At that point, there is no excuse. There's recently been two footballers who married women they dated much younger. It happens a lot.

You've merely just confirmed what I said. The AOC being so low doesn't help anything or make it OK, regardless of social economics, which I mentioned in my last post. I showed that it is actually detrimental to boosting an impoverished economy.

Also I pop in and post one lines here and there on threads that take no thought . I work, you should try it. I reply to longer threads when I have a breather at work or I'm at home.

The AOC being so low doesn't help anything or make it OK,
This is like telling a sudanese mother of 8 kids to just get a job and she won't have to worry about being poor.

It doesn't help anything from your eyes because you are not impoverished. Ive never stated low AOC is "OK". So don't put words in my mouth.
regardless of social economics, which I mentioned in my last post.
I've only objectively stated why it exists. Poverty. It is quite literally the only reason it exists. To say that socioeconomics plays no role in this is BLASPHEMOUS.

I showed that it is actually detrimental to boosting an impoverished economy.
Of course it's detrimental to the economy as a whole because it is only creates a perpetual circle of POVERTY.

Do me a favor and go interview families who share 1 plate of rice with 8 kids. Then come back and tell me how it is LESS beneficial for them to only care for 7 kids instead of 8.

I mean why have 8 kids to begin with right? Since they're poor and have free access to contraceptives and baby killing clinics.

You clearly can not put yourself in their shoes and that's why your perspective is flawed. You are only looking at this subject through the view of a privileged female who has access to free food, education and healthcare.

PS. Is your debate about child marriage or age of consent?

Your title states it is age of consent which has quite literally nothing to do with relationships.

Pick one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned that some of the counties where child marriage, and therefore children having sex (plenty, in fact) don't have an age of consent but merely say people should be married before sex. It's mentioned in my very first post. Read.

A child cannot choose to have sex. I don't care where in the world they are, no 12 year old is developed or mature enough to be engaging in sex. The fact you're arguing that just because they come from a poor country means it helps them is odd.

I'll clarify again to the whole first portion of your last post:
If this is your argument, we need to consider some other facts:
- Developing countries with high birth rates are adding to the cycle of poverty - A higher age of consent would lessen this with less birthing years for each woman.
- Giving birth above the age of 18 lessens the risks of women dying during childbirth.
- Lower birth rates allow a resting period where child dependency is lowered and not only will limited resources be more readily available (think water, food) but it allows for economic growth as there is more available time for working towards improving situations with the now less in demand limited resources. If we are discussing that children work from the age of 12, then by not marrying or having sexual relationships from that same age, they can input more to developing impoverished areas by delaying the chances of pregnancy causing an inability to work.

For the record, women who marry actually lessen their life expectancy, males who marry increase theirs.
It is detrimental for children to be having children within or outside of marriage. It's detrimental to survival, it's detrimental to the environment, and it's detrimental to their society. Even in impoverished countries.

As for this:
For the same reason child marriage is reduced by government programs giving families incentives, like food and giving them an education. Once the families have this their burden is reduced and the children get educated and have a brighter future breaking the cycle of poverty this breaking the need for child marriage.
I've also noted how there is still a world wide issue with (very) young women (usually from 14-16) culturally being sent back "home" (a home they've never been to because they were born in developed countries) to marry by parents and grandparents who call it "culture". How do you argue that one? Is it still cultural reasoning if they don't have poverty as an excuse?

This is like telling a sudanese mother of 8 kids to just get a job and she won't have to worry about being poor.

It doesn't help anything from your eyes because you are not impoverished. Ive never stated low AOC is "OK". So don't put words in my mouth.

I've only objectively stated why it exists. Poverty. It is quite literally the only reason it exists. To say that socioeconomics plays no role in this is BLASPHEMOUS.

Of course it's detrimental to the economy as a whole because it is only creates a perpetual circle of POVERTY.

Do me a favor and go interview families who share 1 bun of bread with 8 kids. Then come back and tell me how it is LESS beneficial for them to only care for 7 kids instead of 8.

I mean why have 8 kids to begin with right? Since they're poor and have free access to contraceptives and baby killing clinics.

You clearly can not put yourself in their shoes and that's why your perspective is flawed. You are only looking at this subject through the view of a privileged female who has access to free food, education and healthcare.

PS. Is your debate about child marriage or age of consent?

Your title states it is age of consent which has quite literally nothing to do with relationships.

Pick one.
Just curious are you one of the children of a sudanese mother who has 8 children? Sharing one bun? Have you experienced poverty or growing up in a which you deem poor country?

Child marriage and age of consent is very prominent in some countries today. Which is abhorrent and for our world that has supposed to evolved is child abuse and an epidemic in some countries. I honestly hope you do not have children or if you do they are not living with you and you have no rights to their choice or care.

A 13 year old has not the developed brain or emotional maturity to engage in child marriage/sex or become a mother to repeat the same cycle of abuse, sold mostly to older men who will abuse them emotionally and physically. This happens in every country of the world even Australians go to the asian countries and bring back child brides for a better life (sarcasm).

Baby killing clinics? wow so its ok to have sex with a child bride (13 child abuse) but not ok to remove a set of cells that would be born into the same poverty which you state is not satisifactory? make it make sense.

I'm confused. Believes people should be over 18 to have sex. Also doesn't believe there should be a global consensus, which isn't the same as a new world order, that dictates aoc. Defends child marriages because of poverty.

Wut

of course there should be a universal age of consent, which should be at a minimal 18+

voting no is extremely bizarre, its almost like specifically wanting to be able to visit backwards ass countries specifically where the age of consent is still somethin' wild like 11 🤮

i guess the ppl that voted no really enjoy the high volumes of depraved foreigners (like campy) from countries where the age of consent is 13, that see no problem joining this website to literally prey on them like its normal...

kszttb8.gif

I mentioned that some of the counties where child marriage, and therefore children having sex (plenty, in fact) don't have an age of consent but merely say people should be married before sex. It's mentioned in my very first post. Read. A child cannot choose to have sex. I don't care where in the world they are, no 12 year old is developed or mature enough to be engaging in sex.
A child=anyone under 18.

Clearly they can because 2/3rds of the world have laws saying that they can
. This includes the US and the UK, First world nations. Therefore the universal consensus is that the world agrees they can. This is not my opinion, it is FACT.
Do you understand that this is not my opinion and it is FACT?
Do i agree with it?
No. I said no one under 18 should be having sex or getting married for any reason. Ive stated TWICE already.
Stop trying to spin this any other way.

I believe
  1. Anyone under 18 is a child and shouldnt be having sex or drinking alcohol.
Personally, I dont believe anyone under 18 should be engaging in sex or marriage for a multitude of reasons. Whether that be with "legal" adults or other people whom are also under 18. But the majority of the world already legally allows this.
bcqm3dn75qg71.jpg

The fact you're arguing that just because they come from a poor country means it helps them is odd.
Youre conflating a multitude of seperate issues which is ive told you to pick one.
You are conflating pedophilia, age of consent and marriage.
I stated child marriage is what is done in impoverished countries out of what is basically a necessity for survival. Because of a thing called POVERTY. Clearly it is helping them survive otherwise they wouldnt be doing it! Ive already stated that this also contributes to a cycle of POVERTY. Thus child marriage is not a "cure" for POVERTY though it is arguable that it is a necessity for their survival.

Go look at any privately funded or goverment data. Go look at the driving factors for child marriage. The prime reason is going to be POVERTY.

bHvM0rZ.png

MONEY=NO CHILD MARRIAGE
POVERTY=CHILD MARRIAGE
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
I'll clarify again to the whole first portion of your last post:

It is detrimental for children to be having children within or outside of marriage. It's detrimental to survival, it's detrimental to the environment, and it's detrimental to their society. Even in impoverished countries.
>family marries child for the child to survive and for the survival of the immediate family
>Its detrimental to survival
Literally NOWHERE in this debate have i stated that children should be having children. In fact ive stated the opposite. TWICE.

As for this:

I've also noted how there is still a world wide issue with (very) young women (usually from 14-16) culturally being sent back "home" (a home they've never been to because they were born in developed countries) to marry by parents and grandparents who call it "culture". How do you argue that one?
I think this is called an arranged marriage or perhaps human trafficking? You are missing a magnitude of context to establish which is which could be an arranged marriage, could be a forced marriage could be human trafficking.
Is it still cultural reasoning if they don't have poverty as an excuse?
It is still cultural as this occurs outside of the scope of 14-16 year old girls. Arranged marriages can happen at other ages including adulthood.

It is clear your narrative here is to push the idea that men are pedophiles. Though you should blatantly state that instead of masquerading it behind different ideas.

Just curious are you one of the children of a sudanese mother who has 8 children? Sharing one bun? Have you experienced poverty or growing up in a which you deem poor country?
I am 4% black. I have experienced poverty but nowhere near the scale a sudanese mother with 8 children has. Do i have to experience poverty on this scale to be aware that it might be a driving factor for them to consider child marriage instead of death?
M66vblv.png

A 13 year old has not the developed brain or emotional maturity to engage in child marriage/sex or become a mother
I agree
Baby killing clinics? wow so its ok to have sex with a child bride (13 child abuse) but not ok to remove a set of cells that would be born into the same poverty which you state is not satisifactory? make it make sense.
Please quote where i said its okay for someone to have sex with a child bride. Go ahead ill wait.
(pro tip: you cant)
No Worries Waiting GIF

I'm confused. Believes people should be over 18 to have sex. Also doesn't believe there should be a global consensus, which isn't the same as a new world order, that dictates aoc. Defends child marriages because of poverty.
LOL a woke liberal who advocates for diversty doesnt understand the concept of forced assimilation. I am stating there should be but there cant because that would be forced assimilation.
It's definitely sus that people that have commented haven't voted.
Its sus that youre a grown man with a little teacup dog you carry around your lap everywhere. well maybe not that sus, its quite apparent why.

LOL a woke liberal who advocates for diversty doesnt understand the concept of forced assimilation. I am stating there should be but there cant because that would be forced assimilation.
for someone that constantly bitches about people being off topic about the original debate on a simple yes or no...you're being very hypocritically sus about voting yes for something you effectively been saying yes to the whole time
Its sus that youre a grown man with a little teacup dog you carry around your lap everywhere.
fuggles could never fit in a teacup...that dude's 10lbs...and was being held because of the picture...otherwise he stands on all three of his legs

Why would I answer yes/no when I can have a discussion? Answering a simple question does not allow dialogue to be exchanged or challenged.

Last I checked the poll is voluntary, as are the people that choose to read and respond to this thread. My non response to the poll is indicative of absolutely nothing except free choice. I've stated my opinions and even bolded them for people with poor reading comprehension.

Why would I answer yes/no when I can have a discussion? Answering a simple question does not allow dialogue to be exchanged or challenged.

Last I checked the poll is voluntary, as are the people that choose to read and respond to this thread. My non response to the poll is indicative of absolutely nothing except free choice. I've stated my opinions and even bolded them for people with poor reading comprehension.

All right HR Bread…

I’m still a little confused on the point you’re making. Can you clarify?

I am 4% black. I have experienced poverty but nowhere near the scale a sudanese mother with 8 children has. Do i have to experience poverty on this scale to be aware that it might be a driving factor for them to consider child marriage instead of death?
M66vblv.png

I agree

Please quote where i said its okay for someone to have sex with a child bride. Go ahead ill wait.
(pro tip: you cant)
No Worries Waiting GIF

I believe the implication is these 13 year olds will be having sex.

you lack reading comprehension.
You cant read big ass bold letters in upscaled font and now youre saying that i said i experienced poverty because im black.
I laid it out kinder style for you with bright colors.
I never said i experienced poverty because im black.
I stated i am 4% black and i stated i have also experienced a form of poverty.
Thats why theres a period in between.
9NVGAqm.png

Okay, the minute he said he was 4% black and experienced poverty because of that, I checked out the debate.

Jesus christ.
Looks like someone got hung up with a cliff of information they refuse to address and now theyre "quitting". Great debate.
Let the record show i really am 4% black and this person is not acknowledging me on the basis of my race/ethnicity/ancestry.
Quite literally racism.
uT7FZZU.png

Last edited:
A child=anyone under 18.

Clearly they can because 2/3rds of the world have laws saying that they can
. This includes the US and the UK, First world nations. Therefore the universal consensus is that the world agrees they can. This is not my opinion, it is FACT.
Do you understand that this is not my opinion and it is FACT?
Do i agree with it?
No. I said no one under 18 should be having sex or getting married for any reason. Ive stated TWICE already.
Stop trying to spin this any other way.
And the question is SHOULD there be, not will there be, not can there be. In your opinion SHOULD there be a blanket age. You're being combative for the sake of being combative at this point.

Youre conflating a multitude of seperate issues which is ive told you to pick one.
You are conflating pedophilia, age of consent and marriage.
I stated child marriage is what is done in impoverished countries out of what is basically a necessity for survival. Because of a thing called POVERTY. Clearly it is helping them survive otherwise they wouldnt be doing it! Ive already stated that this also contributes to a cycle of POVERTY. Thus child marriage is not a "cure" for POVERTY though it is arguable that it is a necessity for their survival.

Go look at any privately funded or goverment data. Go look at the driving factors for child marriage. The prime reason is going to be POVERTY.
And as I've said, upping the age of consent would actually aid economics in those same countries by stopping the demand of a higher population, by allowing more years to work, and by increasing limited resources by lowering demand due to less children concieved.
I think this is called an arranged marriage or perhaps human trafficking? You are missing a magnitude of context to establish which is which could be an arranged marriage, could be a forced marriage could be human trafficking.
They all go hand in hand, unfortunately. You're a fool to think otherwise. I'm not saying everyone who escapes poverty will continue this cycle, but it does happen, so then it calls in to question if it's actually poverty for those that do, or if it is greed/miseducation or less wholesome reasons.

It is still cultural as this occurs outside of the scope of 14-16 year old girls. Arranged marriages can happen at other ages including adulthood.

It is clear your narrative here is to push the idea that men are pedophiles. Though you should blatantly state that instead of masquerading it behind different ideas.
I'd also argue that a child boy marrying or having sex with an older woman is wrong. Unfortunately, the majority of this is young girls being married off to older men.

Low AOC usually means lower marriage ages, usually means sex, usually means children having children. They are in fact linked. As I said, there are parts where you're being combative to just be combative. This is why most people avoid any debate with you.

Looks like someone got hung up with a cliff of information they refuse to address and now theyre "quitting". Great debate.
Let the record show i really am 4% black and this person is not acknowledging me on the basis of my race/ethnicity/ancestry.
Quite literally racism.
As is this.

you lack reading comprehension.
You cant read big ass bold letters in upscaled font and now youre saying that i said i experienced poverty because im black.

I laid it out kinder style for you with bright colors.
I never said i experienced poverty because im black.
I stated i am 4% black and i stated i have also experienced a form of poverty.
Thats why theres a period in between.
9NVGAqm.png

Quite literally racism.
uT7FZZU.png
Being 4.5% Sub-Saharan African on a 23andMe test doesn’t make you black. a lot of European and Middle Eastern ethnicities have some degree of Sub-Saharan admixture, especially those whose ancestors have lived generations in Latin America, even if they’re of predominantly European descent. The only conclusion I can come up with, based on what you’ve said about yourself and based on your 23andMe results, is that you’re someone with a Mexican background of mostly European descent, seeing that you hardly have any Native American ancestry either, which indicates that you’re largely of European descent, likely Spanish. I mean, you’ve got less Native American ancestry than Soup….or Eva Longoria for that matter. They’ve got more than 20% Native American. Your 0.2% is statistical noise. You’d easily blend in Andalucía, Spain and no one would bat an eyelid.