Tenures for Admin/Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwestwanderer

Bronze Member
I feel like this would serve this site well. Too many admin/mods have been around too long and develop biased and impartial feelings towards ********. Some stick around too long like crooked politicians.

Rotate new admin and mods every 6 months to a year, if the mods get voted back in by the ******** they can keep their "job".

I know this wont be a favorable idea to the admin and mods in question who have been doing this for years and this place is their life (no names), but I feel like it needs to happen. This place has developed a reputation for being toxic and majority the mods and admin are the root of it honestly.

Discuss.

I'm sure I'll get the usual suspects replying. Kinda hoping for that. lol

I think having stability is more important. Ideally you'd find a really good admin with great moderators and have them stay around. New moderators make more mistakes, they're slower in kicking/moderating in general, they don't have as much confidence, etc. There also are surprisingly few qualified ******** that actually want to moderate. I feel like this would just turn into a giant **** show mess. In general, if admins/mods are really terrible they are removed. And I feel like what you are describing isn't tenure at all. The professors that get tenure are even harder to fire than those that don't have tenure.

I think having stability is more important. Ideally you'd find a really good admin with great moderators and have them stay around. New moderators make more mistakes, they're slower in kicking/moderating in general, they don't have as much confidence, etc. There also are surprisingly few qualified ******** that actually want to moderate. I feel like this would just turn into a giant **** show mess. In general, if admins/mods are really terrible they are removed. And I feel like what you are describing isn't tenure at all. The professors that get tenure are even harder to fire than those that don't have tenure.

If he understood tenure hed be the one to quickly put up a fit ( & a thousand threads) to get rid of it.

Alas to do what he actually wants, a contract, we'd have to get paid and well neither he nor cm want to pony up that dough.

If this is Nick he is talking about me ;). He hates me with a passion and believes I should never have been made a mod in the first place :D

Going to close this as there are 101 posts on the same old subject and it won't ever change .

Status
Not open for further replies.