Thread Author Changes

Inkandtatts

Gay Chat Admin
Staff member
Chat Room Administrator
I made the latest and the last Random Comments threads.

The author of those threads have been changed because posts from other threads made earlier than mine have been moved to Random Comments. The first one had the author changed to @StubleU and the latest one to @Soapie

It's frustrating because I sometimes view forums looking at "Your Threads" to find that my threads are no longer my threads. It also means that the right to ask for closure transfers from the genuine author of the threads to whoever has the first post there, as well as the ability to change the title etc.

I guess this happens to others too.

Is this the way it's supposed to be done @Apollo @H.R. PufnStuf @Ness_eb ?

I don’t think there’s a specific rule about this. However, common sense should be used when merging. That’s a good question for the admin of forum @Chatmaster unfortunately we can’t make decisions or assume. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The author of those threads have been changed because posts from other threads made earlier than mine have been moved to Random Comments. The first one had the author changed to @StubleU and the latest one to @Soapie

It's frustrating because I sometimes view forums looking at "Your Threads" to find that my threads are no longer my threads. It also means that the right to ask for closure transfers from the genuine author of the threads to whoever has the first post there, as well as the ability to change the title etc.

the forum puts posts in order by date and time. this isnt a feature that can change. lately RC seems to be a dumping ground for posts moved instead of splitting a thread and moving those posts to their own/new thread in RC. ( YES, it can be done! you select the 1st "off topic" post you choose move to own thread. you entitle thread and pick destination forum. you go check destination forum for thread. if you did it right, it is there. you copy thread url then you go back to OG thread select other "off topic" posts. select move post(s) you choose option that says move posts to: then paste url. tada you just split a thread! ) i agree it is frustrating when this happens. not only for the searching feature, but because some posts deserve their own topic of discussion. not being piled into RC because mods are lazy or didnt read the thread posts were moved from.

It seems I'm not the owned of any unless it was changed again 🙁