tips for colorful dyed hair?

yuki >.<

So I got my hair professionally dyed blue (and spent way too much but it looked amazing) the dye they used was amazing and lasted 4 months without really fading much, anyway I got bored with the blue so I had my friend (bad idea x.x she messed up the bleaching) and my mom (saved my ass) help me dye it pink/purple. I wanna know what tips you'd think would help to keep the color for as long as possible. I already know the basic cold water and not washing it every day.

Add some of the hair dye to white conditioner can help the colours stay vibrant. I assume you are using semi permanent dyes, perhaps look into conditioner only washing as it can help prevent fading.

Don't use any color as being natural is pretty in fashion these days. A lot of girls have nice hair but for some reason they want to change it. It's not worth the time effort and money IMO. Just giving u a guys perspective

Just an opinion??. Buzz off :) he/she can dye their whatever color they feel like. It's their hair. Mine is currently blue and I'm a 6'4 250lb dude.

Cool.

personally as a guy the wierd colors in girls hair turn me off. I usually like black, red, blonde or brunette colors.

Okay but see there's a difference in stating your opinion that you don't like dyed hair and clumping all guys together and saying that guys don't like that. You're reinforcing a standard that her only value is her looks. And it's complete and utter bull. It's her hair she can wear it however she likes and you don't get a say. I swear if we were dating and you told me my hair color turned you off, I'd dye my hair a different color every week. You might come home and my hair would be a different color than when you left. And if you were having friends over for dinner or something? It'd be bright neon pink.

Ladies? Gentlemen? Do not listen to any such a person like this. As long as you won't get in trouble with your job, dye your hair any color you like. Gentlemen in particular: don't be afraid to step out the box and dye your hair too if you want to.

Eh if a girl wants to dye her hair she's gonna do it. Hell I bought the dye before asking my parents when I went blue but my dad told my mom to take me to get it professionaly done ($160) the colors make me feel more attractive but that's my opinion

but she's dieing her hair to look attractive for "guys". I mean she herself never sees her hair except for mirror. So all I'm saying is it's a expensive hobby with low rewards. I'd rather have a girl spend more time and money on her nails and eye makeup than other stuff.

There in again, it's HER hair. It's HER nails. It's HER face. She's never gonna see the makeup except for a mirror, either. But if that makes her feel more attractive, so be it. If she wants to put on her war paint and get her nails done to look hot, there in again, it is HER choice. You still don't get a say. The only time you or anyone gets a say is if they're spending your money or you are their employer and you have a pre-do***ented policy regarding.

Makeup is useless if other ppl think U look like a tool. Appearing attractive is solely done for other ppl not for themselves. I'm not sure how shaving ones head as a girl is gonna be a good idea even if she thinks it makes her look pretty.

standards of fashion have been established long ago. Using statistics and looking at the amount of ppl that dye their hair unnatural color is waaaaay less than ppl who use normal or natural colors.

ur idea of "just be urself" is a good ideal in a fake world. But in real world it just falls apart. These are harsh realities of life. Thank me later for the informational tit bit I provided u

Yes... I'm aware... It's the standard that her only value is her sexual attraction to a man... Which is, again, bull. And I might would pay attention to what you said if it were English and not some variant of it ;)

if you lack comprehension skills then its not my problem

Studies have shown a 10% grammatically correct sentence can be understood by a "INTELLIGENT MAN" ;) Looks like we know what you ARENT. lol

No no, it's not a lack of intelligence. It's a lack of being bothered to take someone seriously.

then why complain lol. Typical historian contradicting himself. Most historical accounts tend to be disputed. As I said from the beginning. Ppl who learn history tend to repeat mistakes they've learned. Since all they've studied is mistakes of ppl and nothing else. SLAM !

I've often discovered that when one has to resort to throwing insults, they realize they're not going to prove their point.

By the way: History is 90% theory and educated guesses. I've said this before.

Last edited:
so i'm going to try and get this back on topic!

i saw someone else mention conditioner only washing plus adding a little colour to it to help it last, that's worked for me in the past so definitely give that a go!

i've had my hair literally every colour possible, and bleached it way too many times. one thing to remember is that bleaching really destroys your hair, and makes it harder for colour to even be absorbed into the follicle itself, so if you plan on changing your colour more then i recommend you start doing some deep condition treatments at least once a month to help repair after the bleaching, so your hair is ready to take on more colour as you go. there are heaps you can buy, i personally really like the TIGI dumb blonde conditioner (it's not a deep one, but its so thick you can just leave it on as one) but there are also lots of natural alternatives that work just as good!

a good and simple one is just a bunch of cold pressed virgin coconut oil lathered on and left overnight in a shower cap, it'll make your hair very soft and hydrated. you can also use olive oil, shea butter or any other very hydrating oil. another tip is to get yourself those gel vitamin e tablets and break those open into your oil mix. all these oils help your scalp too, which really is the key to strong and healthy hair.

if you're worried about grease build up inbetween washes (but to be honest i know bleached hair is so dry it is rarely an issue) a good dry shampoo can save you from washing and fading quicker than usual.

if you've read all this thank you haha, i hope your hair journey is amazing and i bet you look absolutely gorgeous! feel free to message me directly if you have any specific questions or just reply here!