Welcome to the Club, Greece 👨‍❤️‍👨 🇬🇷 👩‍❤️‍👩

Using the story of sodom as reasoning is also out of bounds because that's actually condemning sexual violence and r*pe, NOT homosexuality.

Leviticus is also about adultery, not homosexuality. Plus, if we're going that route, you cannot eat pork for the same reasoning.
The Bible does state that homosexuality is wrong. It may not say it directly in those words "Homosexuality is wrong" but it does state it.

Here are a few: (English standard version)

Leviticus 18:22

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

But... The Bible also states

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 John 4:11
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another

(I have no idea why I posted this, I don't understand nor believe in the bible.)

I'm the type of gay guy to wear rainbow to a f/cking church and yell out "I'm gay" then quickly run out of the church. 😊

Doesn’t really matter what the bible states. It is a work of fiction created by people and therefore should not be taken seriously. Reason and empirical evidence should be the things that should guide us, not faith/religion, and there is plenty of evidence that homosexuality is a harmless natural phenomenon observed amongst humans and other species.

The Bible does state that homosexuality is wrong. It may not say it directly in those words "Homosexuality is wrong" but it does state it.

Here are a few: (English standard version)

Leviticus 18:22

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

But... The Bible also states

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 John 4:11
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another

(I have no idea why I posted this, I don't understand nor believe in the bible.)

I'm the type of gay guy to wear rainbow to a f/cking church and yell out "I'm gay" then quickly run out of the church. 😊
As mentioned above, Leviticus is about adultery. Men were known to take male lovers outside of their wives. It's about adultery not homosexuality. It's called an abomination... As is eating pork. Stop listening to the people who hate you for existing reason this. Do some research beyond a translation made to belittle you.

As for Corinthians it is taken from Greek history. Ancient Greeks actually were acquainted and accustomed with homosexuality, they did however oppose an effeminate homosexual. You can also look up the translations used prior to the English translations and translate them more closely to prostitution or pederasty. The words translated that skewed the narrative were malakoi which is to be effeminate and soft... It also relates to fancy clothing in the Bible, but outside of the bible was about prostitution. Arsenokoites - prostitution or pederasty. Again, only homophobic after English translations and with the twisting of a narrative.

Romans 1:26-27, Paul condemns people swapping out their usual partner for one of the same gender - again, I mentioned this and again it's more to do with adultery than homosexuality.

There are what, six verses that have been twisted to be homophobic as opposed to actually being homophobic.

Let's not forget it also speaks about many, many different marriage arrangements which are condoned, but it never outright condones homosexuals.

Polygamy was big in the Bible, as was marrying minors (camp Real is proof this is no longer acceptable) women were married for economic and political reasons, rarely love. Jesus only confined divorce, none of the above... Oh and celibacy. Life long celibacy was celebrated, so actually taking no lover or wife/husband was the ideal in biblical times.

The Bible might appear to condemn homosexuality when skewed to fit that narrative but it actually only condemns homosexual acts that are r*ape, imbalanced relationships such as a wealthy powerful male with a youth, or adulterers with male side pieces... Note how they are fine when it is male and female, though. Women were okay to be r*ped or used. So it also could be argued that the bible just didn't like men appearing lesser, which explains why women were silenced throughout it.

Maybe read my first post again where I explain the very same verses you quoted were already noted as being twisted.

They only take the Bible literally when it suits their narrative. If they took all of it literally, they would definitely be in trouble. There would be no female speakers or teachers, there would be no pork, there would be no wearing mixed materials... The list goes on.

Taking the Bible literally in a way that is cherry picked is merely a way of someone showing their own biases.

The Vatican Is Probably Ground Zero For Same Sex Sexual Activity Consensual And Non-Consensual ......

But Of Course It Is .... The Hypocrisy Of Organized Religion Knows No Bounds ......

And BTW ... All Those Scriptural Quotations In The Posts Above Me Are All From Men ..

That Wrote Or Contributed To The Material Written In Both The Old And New Testaments Of La Santa Biblia

And Are There Any Quotations From Christ On That Subject Matter In Scripture ? ..... Mmmm ....... Hhhhhh

Other Than ....... "He Came Into This World Not To Condemn It But To Save It" .. Or ...."Let He That Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

Which May Relate .... I Do Not Believe Christ Can Be Quoted On That Subject Matter In Scripture Anywhere .....

Biblical Interpretations Have Been Twisted And Manipulated Down Through The Ages Spawning Fear And Hatred Through Ignorance

To Fit The Need Or Cause For Attacks Upon Others Of Different Religions And Cultures And Societies

And The Human Behavior Within Those Societies And Cultures

The Adverse Effects Can Be Devastating As What Happened In The Western Hemisphere Where One Advanced Culture Was Able To Over

Power Another Culture Less Technologically Advanced And Proceed To Destroy Through Violent Genocidal War And Economic Plunder

Validated And Administered By The Crown Of Spain All In The Name Of Christ As Managed By The Pope In The Vatican

They Used Biblical Quotations To Validate Slavery In The Antebellum South They Used Biblical Quotations Burning "Witches" At The Stake

They Used Biblical Quotations To Rile Up The Warriors In The Crusades Before Battles

They Used Biblical Quotations At Klan Rallies ..... Come To Think Of It They Used Biblical Quotations At Trump Rallies :unsure: ......

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y Can You Say Hypocrisy Kids ?
mister rogers middle finger GIF

welp,

when the republicans betray me & deport me for being a homosexual…

i’m going to put my place of origin as lesbos 😜

the bible is really like an ages long written version of the telephone game. firstly written by man from "god's word". so hearsay really...would never stand up in court. then edited, books left out, then translated from one language to the next. translations are never even close 100%. so by the time any of you read it who knows what happened to the original message,

the bible is really like an ages long written version of the telephone game. firstly written by man from "god's word". so hearsay really...would never stand up in court. then edited, books left out, then translated from one language to the next. translations are never even close 100%. so by the time any of you read it who knows what happened to the original message,

u can make the exact same argument about *scientific fact* now…

science changes so much; yesterday there was only 2 genders, today there is 30, & tomorrow we’ll discover trees are really 5G towers…

i frankly dont know what is even real anymore 🤪

on a serious note, if we met aliens today everything we thought we knew about like physics will has been totally wrong…

i think we can all agree that anything conjured by a human short of a demon, should be taken with a grain of sand 🤷🏼‍♀️

u can make the exact same argument about *scientific fact* now…

science changes so much; yesterday there was only 2 genders, today there is 30, & tomorrow we’ll discover trees are really 5G towers…

i frankly dont know what is even real anymore 🤪

on a serious note, if we met aliens today everything we thought we knew about like physics will has been totally wrong…

i think we can all agree that anything conjured by a human short of a demon, should be taken with a grain of sand 🤷🏼‍♀️
Except that science is rooted in empiricism. Scientific theories are well tested and based on evidence, Scientific laws (facts) are based on repeatable, tested, evidence and proof. Scientific theories are inherently falsifiable as well (this means that they can be proven to be wrong by other ideas) so they're up for challenge if you have the necessary hypothesese and experimental evidence to make one.

Yes science changes as new ideas are formulated and tested but that reflects the learning processes involved. The big theories and laws haven't changed since their inception (think theory of relativity and special relativity, evolution, thermodynamics etc...).

Religion however, is based on faith and faith alone. @rapinoes smirking revenge makes a very good point. The tenets of the various faiths have been passed down by various senior people in the faith hierarchy that have probably altered things to suit their own opinions and views time and time again, not to mention scribes that would have copied the written word... Ever played Chinese whispers?

Except that science is rooted in empiricism. Scientific theories are well tested and based on evidence, Scientific laws (facts) are based on repeatable, tested, evidence and proof. Scientific theories are inherently falsifiable as well (this means that they can be proven to be wrong by other ideas) so they're up for challenge if you have the necessary hypothesese and experimental evidence to make one.

Yes science changes as new ideas are formulated and tested but that reflects the learning processes involved. The big theories and laws haven't changed since their inception (think theory of relativity and special relativity, evolution, thermodynamics etc...).

Religion however, is based on faith and faith alone. @rapinoes smirking revenge makes a very good point. The tenets of the various faiths have been passed down by various senior people in the faith hierarchy that have probably altered things to suit their own opinions and views time and time again, not to mention scribes that would have copied the written word... Ever played Chinese whispers?
Amen

"Greece has become the world’s first Christian Orthodox nation to legalise same-sex marriage after the Athens parliament passed the landmark reform amid scenes of both jubilation and fury in the country.

Despite facing formidable pushback from within his own centre-right New Democracy party, prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis had championed the bill, saying it would end a “serious inequality for our democracy”.

In an impassioned speech before the vote, the 55-year-old leader, who belongs to the liberal faction of his party, said the measure would align Greece with 36 countries globally that had already legislated on the issue. Conservatism, he argued, should not be conflated with antiquated views that were out of sync with modern society.

“The reform that we are legislating today … will make the life of some of our fellow citizens that much better without – and I emphasise this – taking away anything from the lives of the many,” said Mitsotakis, adding that the law would confer full parental rights on same-sex couples."

“We are covering a gap by allowing everyone, if they wish, to institutionally seal their relationship … just as heterosexual couples do.”

But resistance had been strong from New Democracy MPs aware of their constituents in the socially conservative nation.

Highlighting the opposition, the former prime minister Antonis Samaras had told parliament earlier on Thursday that same-sex marriage was not a human right and the “dangerous” law should not have been introduced"

That is fucking awesome!!!