When you were growing up, what was your dream job? Is any part of that still true?

I always wanted to wear a uniform of any kind to be the authority and represent the country.
But as with many things, some of us are predestined to obey their parents. ( at least while they were growing up )
My parents wanted me to become an Architect.
So I did. ( only for a month I worked as such)

Then I gladly joined my aunt in uniform as a Border-passing customs officer for 15 years.
Enjoyed any moment of it as I was able to see and meet people of all kinds and characters.
Now I work as a Logistic and Transport consultant.

PS. If you wonder how can I be so successful in pissing off people... it's because of the training that we received while working for Customs.
Provocation is a good way to find out things about people and people about things. ;)

An cartoonist.

You don't need to comment. I have found peace since leaving Gen Chat and everything I do now is for satirical reasons.
I honestly don't give a fu..ck after the way you treated me. The post was not intended at you or anyone in particular. Funny how I can't post anything without people who don't know a thing about me feeling the need to comment. Take up your gen chat issues with the group of trolls you hung out with, and reflect on the damage you caused to real people you STILL know nothing about. Modding, it seems, is confused with trolling on this chat site - without ANY oversight or accountability. Now back to the fun topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to be a teacher, but I have worked in a school and I would never do it again.
I also wanted to be a singer but I'm only good as a back up.
Finding what you're good at and what you ultimately do as work is a journey. Never stop travelling and trying new things. :)

wanted to open a business in japan,i am now working towards becoming a software engineer( still want to open a business its just put on the back burner for a while lol)

i never knew what I wanted to do...i could never think of anything that I wanted to dedicate years of my time learning and spending money that actually required it...i had barely flunked out of college, twice, when I first joined here 20 years ago...I fell into IT because I needed a job and i was quick on my feet...but it wasn't my ideal...i never wanted to make money from IT...i figured it'd destroy my interest in it...so instead i just kept jumping every few years from job to job...so long as the jump included a ladder jump...now it's getting a paycheck to travel...they pay me way more than I need to live...and it's remote...so i just travel while I work...so long as i'm working in north american time zone business hours i'm good...the next jump will be to something asynchronous where the time doesn't matter...it's the results...so i can do that from where ever and not have to work from 4pm to midnight while I'm in europe...

My dream job was to be a Astronaut and I still hold special place in heart for my home in space but I know it’s to dangerous there are many things that can go wrong on way up or in space or on reentry but I also found out that I am artist and so someday as a artist I hope to be first artist in space too