10 scariest movies of all time!!

Nineteen Eighty Four because it's nearer than you think to coming true, even if it is a bit late lol

Saw Movie GIF by Regal
all the saw movies i have all 10 of them

In the spirit of the thread:
1: The Exorcist because I saw it at an early age.
2-10: Any of Rapi's amateur films from the other thread.

Deleted Scenes (not actually horror):
mother! because I saw it when I was a new mother and it's basically a panic attack set to film.
Same for Under the Skin for the beach scene alone and Thelma for the frozen lake scene as well which I watched right after mother! for some reason. *shivers*
First 30 minutes of Nocturnal Animals including the 17 minute car scene...had me up and pacing around the room trying to get through it. When Michael Shannon shows up, you can sort of relax.

I feel like one terrible scene in an indie film where you go in not expecting such things is the worst horror for me. Was not braced for any of it. Hits harder than just waiting for a jump scare or what have you, imo.

Following Mike's lead:
V for Vendetta and Dr. Strangelove.

Damn active imagination.

film studies at my school made us watch a old movie called attack of the killer tomatoes. it was only scary at how bad it was. its meant to be like the worst movie ever made.
Certainly one of the worse horror movies for sure. There are some that are worse, Rubber a movie about a killer tire was really bad and Plan Nine From Outer Space, is probably considered one of the worse movie ever made, This was Bela Lugosi aka Dracula's last picture and he died before completing filming. They used a extra that had a cape over his face hiding his identity the rest of the scenes.

Certainly one of the worse horror movies for sure. There are some that are worse, Rubber a movie about a killer tire was really bad and Plan Nine From Outer Space, is probably considered one of the worse movie ever made, This was Bela Lugosi aka Dracula's last picture and he died before completing filming. They used a extra that had a cape over his face hiding his identity the rest of the scenes.
Not only that, the replacement for Lugosi was also a foot taller. Ed Wood always did his films on the cheap. In point of fact, the premise behind Plan 9 wasn't actually too bad. Some of the scenes (for example, the boom mic in one scene) were only there in some prints - I think the 4:3 versions - the actual original prints (which might have been 16:9), the "bloopers" didn't appear. I'm prepared to be wrong on that though. But - Ed Wood films - they sure as hell don't make 'em like that any more! 🤣

A pretty scary film I think was a British/Australian production called "Threads". It depicted the story of a nuclear attack on the UK - in particular Sheffield - and came out about a year after "The Day After", which had a similar theme. These were of course produced at the height of Cold War tensions. Although "The Day After" was a far slicker affair than "Threads", I'm banging the drum for the latter, because it depicted scenarios occurring at various stages after the nuclear explosions, including the nuclear winter, high levels of UV light, a breakdown of telecommunications, summary justice for looters during a state of emergency, the insinuation of an R-word scene, effects of radiation. The film culminated with Jane giving birth, the film being placed on freeze as Jane screams after being handed her still-born and hideously deformed baby.

My review isn't very well written, as you can all see, but I recommend watching - or at least reading up on it then making your decision.

Hereditary was pretty spooky. Mostly because of its IRL association with witchcraft and demons

A pretty scary film I think was a British/Australian production called "Threads". It depicted the story of a nuclear attack on the UK - in particular Sheffield - and came out about a year after "The Day After", which had a similar theme. These were of course produced at the height of Cold War tensions. Although "The Day After" was a far slicker affair than "Threads", I'm banging the drum for the latter, because it depicted scenarios occurring at various stages after the nuclear explosions, including the nuclear winter, high levels of UV light, a breakdown of telecommunications, summary justice for looters during a state of emergency, the insinuation of an R-word scene, effects of radiation. The film culminated with Jane giving birth, the film being placed on freeze as Jane screams after being handed her still-born and hideously deformed baby.

My review isn't very well written, as you can all see, but I recommend watching - or at least reading up on it then making your decision.
I will have to check out that movie. I hope it has subtitles lol. Just kidding but it does sound most interesting and tbh Mike with Putin still around, and if Trump gets elected here you never know.

I've seen that film and it's definitely scary.