Do you prefer dogs or cats?

I had a German Shepherd for years who was my buddy and great love, who passed in my arms. I never got another after he departed this world. I also have helped rescue about 1100 cats since 2002 and have 8 unadoptable sad cases living with me that I dearly love, so I can't say which I prefer. Both dogs and cats are wonderful souls.
That's beautiful :love:
You have a good heart ❀️
Bless you

Cats if the only choice is cats or dogs.
Angry Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

I love dogs, but they are for me, too expensive to care for, they always seem to contract heart worms, worms in general, skin diseases, etc.

There are no bad dogs, just bad human companions. My neighborhood is littered with assholes who leave their dog outside to bark all fucking day, what is worse is the dogs that charge a fence and lose their **** like they have been electro shocked in the balls one too many times.

Cats though, will always be my favorite, low maintenance, and independent, and when they show affection it is the best.

I love dogs, but they are for me, too expensive to care for, they always seem to contract heart worms, worms in general, skin diseases, etc.

There are no bad dogs, just bad human companions. My neighborhood is littered with assholes who leave their dog outside to bark all fucking day, what is worse is the dogs that charge a fence and lose their **** like they have been electro shocked in the balls one too many times.

Cats though, will always be my favorite, low maintenance, and independent, and when they show affection it is the best.
Cats get worms as well and are often neglected by their "owners" which is why there's countries like Australia who is paying hunters to kill them if they're feral/stray.

Dogs aren't high maintenance, they just need to be walked and give unconditional love more than cats. You're still cleaning up cats crap in a litter box, so it's not much different than having to walk a dog.

I used to think I was a dog person but now because of my cat that opinion has changed
I used to be a cat person until I got a dog, now it's even. I've had 8 cats, down to two now, they all have different personalities. I'm sure if Felix, (the cat in my picture) had an account on here, he'd be kicked often from Singles for instigating while my other older black cat (18) thinks he's human.

Both have pros and cons but overall I prefer dogs. Cats are alright but I had 9 dogs and 2 cats. Now I just have a chameleon Lol

Well being a owner of both worlds it is hard to choose,

I have one dog for ten years of my life he and i grew up together, he has his way about him and we both kind of knew when to high tail it out of danger that is covering a twelve mile play ground of bush and open fields with tons of wildlife. He was a red Golden Retriever/Siler wolf his name was Pluto. He passed when I was 16.

Don't sell me short later on I looked after many peoples Dogs Neighbors and Friends all kinds of breeds big and small.

One Dog I recall was a King K9 which his owner was Warrant Officer Johnson one her Deployments she would leave her dog with her elderly father and I was encharge of long walking and running the Dog. His Name was Gunner which passed in 2018.

Both of these Dogs held there own personalities were family and protectors true they would let you cuddle and so on, but they were Alphas you could only do that for so long to a Alpha.

Cats I have had many cats over the years and they to each have there own personalities, some are sneaky but it depends mainly on the breed of cat, when thinking of a cat make sure you look at the breed before purchasing. I will only give you two my latest and my now to keep the post short.

Blue Russian - well I had a odd ball a Blonde Russian full Breed Papers to boot he had a name I could not even begin to say and he was a Blonde Russian the tips of every hair was grey, with Sand eyes I called him Toffee, he grew up with my eldest girl and as a baby would play with her jumping in the crib waiting for her to crawl to him jump out and go around jump in the other side and repeat this process to tire her out. Toffee had routines like green tea for breakfast every morning and he loved Pounce cat treats. He loved sitting watching star trek of all things on tv, and if he heard any of the characters when the program was on he rush to the sofa to watch it. Toffee had many characteristic and was a breeder cat, His greatest Feature was walking outside where ever I went he stay along side me, could walk towns cities it did not matter he loved baths and car rides. Toffee was a long friend of 12 years he passed in 2012.

Bom-Bay - Bom Bays are a Black Cat and are the Domestic version of the Panther. Excellent cats for hunting but they tend to sleep up high during the day, The Bombay I have is a Black Duh with deep green eyes if you ever watched Sabrina the Teenage witch the cat in the show is a Bom-Bay so by knowing this and since the my daughters had him since they were 6 and 8 they decided to call him you guessed it Salem. Now Salem in the Tv Series of Sabrina the Teenage witch is exactly a Bom-Bay and Salem in which I have is exactly not, this cat is spoiled took him over a year to meow, he hates bathes water, car rides he does not even like fish. His personality is more towards a dog for a male cat not fixed he maul cuddles throwing himself into your face as much as possible. He does follow the girls around like a lost puppy but hates going anywhere outside, he is a house cat strictly well trained though. Salem is a very scared cat easy to make him jump and run and he sits and waits for the girls we have a lot of things around the house outside chipmunks he sees and runs from. Now he is a hunter mind you living up to his ancient roots he can intimidate a field mouse for hours as the key word is intimidate he has never killed one in his 5 years but he can really stare them down.

anyways that's all I got to say you decide which pet is best but be fair to your pets give them the space and nurture they require always they are family to.