How long have you had your pets?

I've had Cujo my cat for over a year now. Got him when he was about 6 weeks old.

My applehead chihuahua Riley is about 7 years old. Got him about 5-6 months ago from a shelter that was getting ready to put him down.

Diego my german shep. mix is about 5 months old. We got him like 3 months ago from some family that was neglecting him and his siblings. They had so many adult dogs just roaming around their property and having puppies. They were aggressive too. I wish I could have taken all the puppies ;(

I have 2 cats, ( although I'd love another, and maybe a dog too haha I love animals) Urrm Patch is 2, we rescued her from abusive owners when she was only 6 weeks, and Davros (don't ask about the name ahah, my mum had the idea) has been with us 2 weeks, she's 9 weeks old. :D

My dog's two or three years old.. I think. :eek:
So have at that one.. meaning we've had him for two are three years obvv.

I have had Baron for about 5 years and buddy 3 years and out only irish setter had her for 5 years. :)

ive had my dog 7 years my bearded dragon 2 my red tail boa 2months and i have tons exotic fish ranging from 2month to 7 years old and my two ****atiels for a year <---- C0ckatiels

Well, I've had four cats. i'm now down to two. Our one cat snowball was diabetic for a good few years and he just couldnt do it anymore. he was 11 years old.
Maggie was a stray that we had picked up while we lived in town- she was so thin and her fur was horrible. Stepdad said that if there was nothing wrong with her then it was okay to take her in; now shes got more weight on her and she has a beautiful black coat.
Then theres Zack- hes our 18 pound tabby(dont worry- hes slowly loosing weight). he was born in a little next to my dads house- but there was atleast 2 other litters in that house so it was a fight for the food bowl. so him being overweight is slightly explainable. hes a mama's boy.
Last but not least, would be my baby girl Sassy. she was originally given to my grandmother when she was a kitten- which you dont give an elderly person a kitten. so grandma said she wanted me to have her. We think she was a maine coon/persian mix. she was so talkative. she thought our water dispenser on the fridge dispensed milk. unfortunately, we had to put her down about two months ago. she would get leg cramps and stuff- we so thought it was just athritis. till one day when she was dragging her back leg, breathing heavy. we waited 24 hours before taking her to the vet, thinking itd pass. Turns out, her heart was enlarged, overworking and pushing up on her esophegus(sp). Then there was her liver- it was also enlarged, pushing on her stomach so she couldnt keep her food down. her liver also had a growth forming around it- but who knows if it could have been cancer. We know the poor girl was in pain and there was nothing we could have down, so we put her down. she wouldnt have lasted much longer- the vet only had to use half the syringe. she was 13
Needless to say, Sassy and Snowball are buried side by side in our back yeard with their own little tomb stones.

Had my dog about 5 months now, he's tiny so we brought him when we moved across the country, my other dog stayed back in my home state considering it's a german shepherd, driving cross country with it isn't very smart.

I had a few dogs and cats over the years. one was Charlie, he was a golden lab, i was born around the time he was 6 yrs old, when he turned 13 he died of old age sadly, he was in pain the last night before his death, he threw up about twice then died in his sleep. Then there is Bandit, he was my best friend in the world when i was little. but then he got a tumor in his brain when he was 6 yrs old. we didn't notice at first until he spinned around and flipped around like crazy. he finally took him to the vet and they put him down. it was sad. they are both buried in the backyard with little tome stones :rose: last but not least there was Smokey, a gray cat. she was a super cranky old thing. she didn't like me or anyone else expect my mom. I didn't like her but i didn't want her to die. but she did die of nautral casues. Right now i got 4 dogs and a cat. i kept one for about 10 yrs and another for 6 yrs,another one for 4 yrs. and there is a tabby cat who loves everyone and keeps the house save from rodents and intruders, her name is Illison, she is 10 yrs old and we had her for 8yrs, and the youngest is Charlie, i named him that for a memornial for the old Charlie who died. Young Charlie we had for 2 yrs. :heartbeat

Last edited:
I had my older puppy for exactly 12 years... My younger puppy I've had for a little over a year... He's 18 months and my old baby is 12 years and a few months... :)