How to & FAQs on Chat Features / Fixes to Common Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkandtatts

Gay Chat Admin
Staff member
Chat Room Administrator
Our chat software has been upgraded and these are some frequently asked questions/information on how various features work in the chat room.

This thread also includes some common fixes to errors and "how to" guides

This applies to the latest version and the screenshots used are not from Gay Chat so they will look a little different but the features are the same.

Some features may not be available, depending on your rank in the chat room

If there are any errors/changes/updates required, please PM me

Fixing errors: Clearing Cookies and Cache
How do I clear cookies and cache?

Gold
What is Gold and how does it work?

Ignoring Someone
How do I prevent someone from messaging me?

Language/Location/Time Zone
How do I update my language/location/time zone?

Maximum Registrations Errors
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Privacy Settings
How do I change my privacy settings?

Private Message Settings
How do I restrict who can message me privately?

Profile Information
How do I change my age/gender/mood status/profile information?

Profile Pictures
How do I add/change images on my profile?

Removing Friends
How do I remove friends?

Removing ignore
How do I take someone off ignore?

Reporting Problems to Staff
How do I report someone breaking the rules?

Side Rooms
How do I see the side rooms in chat?

Sound Settings
How do I turn off/on chat sounds?

Last edited:
To change your age or gender, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen then click on "Edit Profile" and then "Edit Info"

You can also change your bio/profile info ("Edit about me"), your mood status ("Edit Mood"), your username color, text color, sound preferences, and theme settings from here

001-min.JPG

002-min.JPG

To change which sounds you hear when in chat, click on your profile picture in the top right-hand side of the screen, click on Edit Profile then click on Sounds. You can choose which ones to turn on/off

005-min.JPG

To change any of the following, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen then Edit Profile then More, then select what you want to change:

004-min.JPG

You can remove friends by clicking on "Manage friends"

If you want to take someone off ignore, click on "Manage ignores"

Your Private settings will dictate who can send you private messages:
On = everyone can send you messages
Users only = only registered users can send you messages (guests will be excluded)
Friends only = only those in your friends list can send you messages
Off = you won't get any private messages at all

Privacy Settings: you can choose to show or hide your age, gender, location, friend list, and/or gift list

Language/Location: You can change your language, location, and time zone

Login option: You can choose whether to log in using your username or email, or your email only

Edit Email and Update password: Self explanatory

Profile Pictures

To change your profile picture or the image on the header of your profile:

Click on your profile in the top right-hand side of the screen and, when you get this screen, then click on the camera icon

006-min.JPG

To ignore someone, click on their profile and then "Action". You will get these options and, as you can see, ignore is there. You will not receive private messages from the ignored profile again. If you change your mind and want to communicate with the ignored profile again, please see here

007-min.JPG

Gold

The more you're in chat, the more gold you can collect. You can then use that gold to sent virtual gifts to others.

To send a gift, click on the person's profile that you want to send a gift to and then "Send gift". A list of gifts will appear with their "prices". When you've "purchased" a gift, the cost of the gift will be deducted from your gold balance.

007-min.JPG
>>>>
008-min.JPG

Side Rooms can be found by clicking on the hamburger icon in the top-left of the screen (highlighted in yellow below) and then clicking "Room List". You can also look at the Friends wall, news feed, and Quiz score from here

009-min.jpg

Reporting allows you as users of the chat room to alert staff to rule breaks. You can of course send messages to staff in the room but we can only action other users if we have evidence of what they've done wrong. The way to do this is to use the built-in report feature as below:

For an offending post made in the chat room, you need to use the 3 dots at the end of the post. Select "Report". This will alert us to the post

001-min.png

For an offending private message, you need to click the cog icon. Select "Report". This will alert us to the exchange of messages

003-min.png

For an offending profile, you need to click the flag icon and select "Report". This will show us the profile only. You should only use this if the profile has content on it that breaks the rules. We get many reports of profiles when the issue is often a room post or a private message. We only get to see what you report.

004-min.png

The 3 categories are self-explanatory. If you feel that the report doesn't fit any of the categories, simply select "Inappropriate Content"

002-min.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.