Is "Black Lives Matter" problematic?

:)
This entire message board seems dead, so I thought why the hell not make a debate thread about a hotly contentious issue at the moment :lol:

So is it? And we might as well throw in discussions about police brutality, All Lives Matter, "Blue Lives Matter" etc
maxresdefault.jpg

Wouldn't be problematic if you gave all peoples equal rights, just saying. Easy ask, easy answer, and yet we never get one.

You're an idiot. Your logic would arm vilonent convicted felons with guns. They lost thier rights the moment they were convicted of thier crime. They are lucky they can petition for restoration of voting rights.

The problem with All lives matter, blue lives matter, penguins matter etc is that It is insensitive to the issue that cops are not trained and have killed unarmed black people Thank god they are starting to prosecuting the bad cops. But racist is systematic and when you type all lives matter etc it is racist. So Warden you can thank your white privilege that when a cop even drives by you don't have to be in fear of your life. It is time for the police to taste justice for themselves.

I never said anything about any convicts, you were the one who brought that into the question??? Are you sure understand what this discussion is even about???

Tbf, all people having equal rights includes felons and convicts. Besides, the problem would still be there regardless if everyone got given "equal" rights because the issue is about abuse of personal rights by police, depending on skin colour

Black Lives do Matter.

But I think the argument should be about the nature and behavior of the police as an institution so we can find a way to get the most needed organisation to become the most trusted

If your police:
- is feared by the public
- thinks that more than one shot to bring down a criminal is "reasonable"
- have powers to take money or property from you because of some Federal or State law doing so (Civil Forfeiture)
- has a problem with a cover-up attitude to "protect their own"
- is full of corruption, coercion, and/or laziness
- targets minority groups through in-grown hatred

We have a problem

I could go on, but there is more to it than just having a go at a cop for having "a bad day" or being "under pressure". The Police as an institution needs to uphold the right of law, to ensure everyone is given the benefit of the doubt, and citizens are treated with respect and decency - even if they have allegedly committed a crime and are facing arrest. If every cop is reminded of that, that could be a start...

But how they could do they reform themselves? I have no idea.

Toilet paper, that is all
Hi Heathen,

Are you going to wrap chat avenue's house with all your toilet paper? Are you going to toilet paper this whole site and white it out lol? Toilet paper chat ave. LOL! JK! I double dare you. :) Have a nice day chat ave friend. I hope all is well with you and your family. God bless! Take care!

All the best,

Princessa

I mean, the thing is, for those folks that say "but all lives matter!" - yes, of course they do, but until ALL lives actually matter, until BIPOC lives are shown to matter and have as much worth and equality as white lives; the phrase "all lives matter" is a smokescreen for people that may have a more, hm how to say this... unkind mindset to hide behind.

The BLM movement isn't problematic in and of itself, not at all.
Until people start listening and stop killing BIPOC, until equality is an actual thing and lives aren't being lost in this senseless, violent and meaningless fashion then no, I personally do not believe that the BLM movement is problematic.

Nothing will change...
Do you all know why?
Well its simple, you try to change things but you will never manage to change feelings that people have towards.
I think that Afro-americans need to cool down a bit and live with all other people.

Harassment of minority over majority ends up only one way.
I've seen it before.

Plus they all stupid, Soros is paying them to protest and all this **** is because of Trump. They just want him out by all means.
To me is already scenario of destruction seen.

I hope they never win.

I disagree with upper opinion.
Firsts of all its very wrong to consider all human races as one.
This world that we call Planet Earth was build upon diversity and that why is perfect like it is.
People should be proud of their race and all laws nowadays guarantee equal rights for everyone.
That's it simple and clear...no need for violent protests.

When you want something it has to be asked in a democratic way.
Majority over minority rules.

No other way, all the rest is just asking for trouble.

The world in my eyes now is a sheer despair cause I was labeled from one peace loving lady Freda.
But that's okay, I shall not insist prove being intelligent to anyone but me.
That's the way I like my style.

As for my opinions I think that they right in many ways.
You, the majority will find them as you wish.

May the majority of ideas/opinions win cause that is democracy.

First this generation protesting wouldn’t know being mistreated by authority figures in a real systemic way or live in a society that actually is racist unless they were knocked upside there heads dragged to a country in South America like my wife came from and then lived in it’s glory of true systemic racism with real amounts high percentage of corrupt cops on the take so they just survive and feed their families. Americans aren’t perfect that’s for sure but we are least racist people on the planet and excepting of everyone who legally comes here with 20% of our population married interracially and larger amount are dating interacially. What we have are poorly taught adults acting like children who know nothing of the world or what is about and why we would listen to these spoiled children either from our government giving free **** out to them or the ones who have parents with money and put them in colleges that teach this ludicrous idea of white privilege they soak up like little sponges. I could have used some of that white privilege growing, lol! Whites today with the highest suicide rates sure could use some of it.