Is climate change real?

Is it real? Of course it is the planets climate is cyclical it changes. Is it a "climate emergency" ? No its just s climate emergency fear narrative and more people die from the cold than from the heat.

The elites lecture us about climate change while taking private jets everywhere, all the fear mongering, the predictions of the climate activists in the 80's 90's 2000's did not happen.Many people will die from the cost of living because of "green energy"
The planet's climate is cyclical that part is true. What you omit to say is that you're referring to the Milankovitch cycles of which there are three. One is governed by the eccentricity of the Earth's orbit and has a periodicity of approximately 100,000 years so it's definitely not that one. The second is governed by the Earth's obliquity to it's orbital plane and has a periodicity of approximately 41,000 years so it's not that either, and the third is governed by the precession of the Earth's pole in it's obliquity and has a periodicity of approximately 26,000 years so it's not that one either.

The rate of change of the global mean surface temperature as governed by the Milankovitch cycles isn't sudden, it's quite smooth over time. We have periods of glaciation, and periods of no glaciation. There are other governing factors that can induce spikes in the system like massive igneous events, weather cycles like El Nino etc, and of course, the global thermohaline systems are important as well.

The issue is one of a significant increase in the rate of change in the natural cycles and for that, there is only one clear explanation. Increase in greenhouse gas emissions due to anthropogenic influences on planetary systems most notably, the carbon cycle.

Weather systems are becoming increasingly unstable (storms, hurricanes and cyclones, wildfires due to drought while catastrophic floods happen elsewhere). All of these things are on the increase and what might have been a once in a hundred year weather event is becoming more common. Sea level changes are happening, slowly at the moment but the great ice sheets on Antarctica and Greenland are becoming increasingly unstable and are being undercut...

The science is out there, the data is out there. FFS even an oil company (Exxon) predicted it (and then promptly buried it to protect their profiteering).

I read that in Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory's voice. Well said and straight to the point, dissecting points and pretty much nullifying any counter argument to be had. Be prepared for a low energy response that doesn't address anything, a bunch of word salad and echo chamber-like copy and paste effort that's more effortless than taking the milk out of the fridge.

A private jet is no different than using a gas powered car. There's no financial benefits for addressing climate change. You're just told it does because many of the "elite" abuse capitalism and get away with cutting costs for things, including adding fillers in foods, putting out products that cause long term health risks while promoting the products to younger audiences, etc.

The electric car concept was immediately defunded (you used to get paid for buying them) when they were causing profit losses for oil companies. The oil companies are part of the people who push back on climate change and paid for ads denying climate change sane way tobacco companies did when research showed the adverse effects and cancer causing agents of tobacco companies products. They're doing the same with vape products which are proven to be healthier alternatives despite being addictive, simply because they're putting tobacco companies out of business. I only see homeless people outside of bodegas that sell looseys for 50 cents. I don't see cigarette smokers anymore.
"A private jet is no different than a gas powered car" haha that has got to be the most stupid comment I have ever seen on the entire Internet. "There's no financial benefits for addressing climate change" tell that to Al Gore. When you're dirt poor eating bugs paying a fortune for "green energy" and the elites are laughing at how easily manipulated you were, give yourself a pat on the back and pretend you "done your part for the climate" lol

The planet's climate is cyclical that part is true. What you omit to say is that you're referring to the Milankovitch cycles of which there are three. One is governed by the eccentricity of the Earth's orbit and has a periodicity of approximately 100,000 years so it's definitely not that one. The second is governed by the Earth's obliquity to it's orbital plane and has a periodicity of approximately 41,000 years so it's not that either, and the third is governed by the precession of the Earth's pole in it's obliquity and has a periodicity of approximately 26,000 years so it's not that one either.

The rate of change of the global mean surface temperature as governed by the Milankovitch cycles isn't sudden, it's quite smooth over time. We have periods of glaciation, and periods of no glaciation. There are other governing factors that can induce spikes in the system like massive igneous events, weather cycles like El Nino etc, and of course, the global thermohaline systems are important as well.

The issue is one of a significant increase in the rate of change in the natural cycles and for that, there is only one clear explanation. Increase in greenhouse gas emissions due to anthropogenic influences on planetary systems most notably, the carbon cycle.

Weather systems are becoming increasingly unstable (storms, hurricanes and cyclones, wildfires due to drought while catastrophic floods happen elsewhere). All of these things are on the increase and what might have been a once in a hundred year weather event is becoming more common. Sea level changes are happening, slowly at the moment but the great ice sheets on Antarctica and Greenland are becoming increasingly unstable and are being undercut...

The science is out there, the data is out there. FFS even an oil company (Exxon) predicted it (and then promptly buried it to protect their profiteering).
ok miss copy and paste I could also copy and paste from climate scientists that completely refute that. Of course many who go against the narrative get cancelled. Neither you nor I are climate scientists it just depends where you get your information from.

the elites
That just makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist. I often see "the elites" banded about but nobody seems to give a consistent definition of who these elites are. For example, to some these "elites" are wealthy people, to others it's politicians, and to others it's royalty. Who are the elites you're talking about? In your earlier post you seem to suggest that they are those that take private jets everywhere but that could include everybody from POTUS to Kim Kardashian to Prince Harry to an electrician hopping from the UK mainland to the Isle of Man to help out with a shortage of electricians.

-

I think that investing in renewables can create jobs and therefore help people that are struggling, particularly in the more deprived coastal areas. If a business moves in to produce wind or wave power they have to employ people to do the work = more jobs.

On the point about private jets, they apparently collectively only contribute 0.9% of emissions annually. I'm not an advocate for them at all but, you know it's 0.9%. There's another 99.1% to look at

Electricity and heat, transport, manufacture and construction, agriculture, fugitive emissions, industry, buildings, waste, and land-use change/forestry all produce more than aviation and shipping put together. Aviation is just an easy target in the climate debate.

1707490143402.png

Source: Ourworldindata

Is it real? Of course it is the planets climate is cyclical it changes.

ok miss copy and paste I could also copy and paste from climate scientists that completely refute that. Of course many who go against the narrative get cancelled. Neither you nor I are climate scientists it just depends where you get your information from.
You agree with @emileh that climate change is real. The speed at which it is happening isn't really that relevant. If something major threatens the planet then whether that happens in 100 years or 1,000 years surely we should be doing something to try to slow it down even if it's inevitable? I know none of us will be here even in 120 years so there's always the "screw it, I'll be dead when it happens" argument and holding that view is fine imo

That just makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist. I often see "the elites" banded about but nobody seems to give a consistent definition of who these elites are. For example, to some these "elites" are wealthy people, to others it's politicians, and to others it's royalty. Who are the elites you're talking about? In your earlier post you seem to suggest that they are those that take private jets everywhere but that could include everybody from POTUS to Kim Kardashian to Prince Harry to an electrician hopping from the UK mainland to the Isle of Man to help out with a shortage of electricians.

-

I think that investing in renewables can create jobs and therefore help people that are struggling, particularly in the more deprived coastal areas. If a business moves in to produce wind or wave power they have to employ people to do the work = more jobs.

On the point about private jets, they apparently collectively only contribute 0.9% of emissions annually. I'm not an advocate for them at all but, you know it's 0.9%. There's another 99.1% to look at

Electricity and heat, transport, manufacture and construction, agriculture, fugitive emissions, industry, buildings, waste, and land-use change/forestry all produce more than aviation and shipping put together. Aviation is just an easy target in the climate debate.

View attachment 964456

Source: Ourworldindata

You agree with @emileh that climate change is real. The speed at which it is happening isn't really that relevant. If something major threatens the planet then whether that happens in 100 years or 1,000 years surely we should be doing something to try to slow it down even if it's inevitable? I know none of us will be here even in 120 years so there's always the "screw it, I'll be dead when it happens" argument and holding that view is fine imo
Basically the elites are the people who have big stakes in companies like blackrock, vanguard and the people at the WEF. Are you aware of who first used the phrase "conspiracy theorist"? It was the fbi after the jfk assassination to try and stifle speech, prevent people asking questions etc. Many people will die from the cost of living because of the green energy prices and it's all based on assumptions of what MIGHT happen.

You're right again. Parts of that WERE copied and pasted (and edited to ensure that they were in the right context for this thread). Guess where from? No? A project I researched and presented for an environmental science exam I took last year. That's the Milankovitch cycle part.

The rest was written from knowledge gained from both the exam course and the careful research I did for the project.

Information sources included:

The Open University
The Met Office
NOAA
The Sedimentary record of sea level change (Coe)
The Great Ice Age (Coe and Hyden)

All properly accredited and reliable sources.

Oh and speaking of reliable sources, you should read this (although you probably won't)

Basically the elites are the people who have big stakes in companies like blackrock, vanguard and the people at the WEF. Are you aware of who first used the phrase "conspiracy theorist"? It was the fbi after the jfk assassination to try and stifle speech, prevent people asking questions etc. Many people will die from the cost of living because of the green energy prices and it's all based on assumptions of what MIGHT happen.
You really need to buy shares in Bacofoil.

You really need to buy shares in Bacofoil.
Speak for yourself
The elites are the super rich they own the media, big pharma, big tech, and yes green energy companies

How Dare You Greta GIF
Climate Change Our House Is On Fire GIF by GIPHY News
200.gif
Climate Change Environment GIF
Climate Change Environment GIF by GIPHY News
Climate Change Un GIF by GIPHY News
Climate Change Earth GIF
hurricane irma GIF by NASA
forest fire GIF
Burning Los Angeles GIF by INTO ACTION
Ice Age Earth GIF by PBS Digital Studios
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV
tsunami no GIF
forest fire GIF

Ya Think ? ...... Penny For Your Thoughts .. And I Want My Change Back
As If Eye Roll GIF by MOODMAN

A tsunami isn't climate change.

Global temperature rises can be abated if we eat less cow, and reduce the cow numbers worldwide. Replace cow with cane toad in our diet.

I think I am onto something...

Yeah I am on cane toad meat. Hooyah
The Climate Crisis Is The Single Number One Existential Threat To The Earth And The "Earthlings" That Inhabit The Planet ... EARTH ...

That Would Be All 8 Billion Of Us Humanoids ... Yanno ... The Hairless Primates That Walk Around Upright With Opposable Thumbs

That Have Evolved To The Point Where The Industry (Petroleum) As The Primary Source Of Resourced Energy

Is Now Choking Off The Earth's Atmosphere To The Point Where The CO 2 Levels Have The Effect Of Raising The Earth's Temperature

To Levels Causing Catastrophic Weather And Environmental Disasters (Wouldn't Rule Out Tsunami's Either)

So The Premise Of This Threads Title Is An Inane Question "Is Climate Change Real ?"

Which All Current Environmental And Weather Related News Now Shows That It Is Glaringly Obvious That It Is Indeed Real ....

In Fact It's Not Just Climate Change It Is A CLIMATE CRISIS ..

Seems Humanity's Big Carbon Foot Print Is Now Stomping The Earth's Environment

To The Point Where It's All In Everyone's PHUCKING FACE .... And You Make Jokes About "Cane Toad Meat" ..

You Are A Prime Example Of What The Human Species Concerns Are About The Environmental Health And Quality Of Life

On The Very Planet They Inhabit ... As In ZERO ... Don't Give Rat's Ass About It

Just Dig N Drill Baby Drill I Need Gas For My Gas Sucking Pig Mobile .... And Are Out Shopping For "Cane Toad Meat" .... Geezus ...

What's The Actually Ratio Of Morons In The 8 Billion Mass Of Stinking Humanity On This Planet ..... I Shudder To Think

Climate Change Environment GIF by INTO ACTION
Climate Change Fish GIF by Earthjustice
Tax The Rich Climate Change GIF
Climate Change Earth GIF by INTO ACTION
Climate Crisis Earth GIF by INTO ACTION
Donald Trump Fire GIF by Creative Courage
Climate Crisis Fire GIF by People vs Oil

Yes and no as yes climates always change as earth tilts it’s axis every 500 years just like season changes but in terms of it being due to pollution yes pollution is ruining environment choking out the trees the clouds the lungs but it’s not hardly enough to cause extinction as it’s just a pin prick. What we should be more concerned about is nuclear power plants they are 5,000 times more dangerous than any pollution our cars farts Food trains planes ect do

Yes and no as yes climates always change as earth tilts it’s axis every 500 years just like season changes but in terms of it being due to pollution yes pollution is ruining environment choking out the trees the clouds the lungs but it’s not hardly enough to cause extinction as it’s just a pin prick. What we should be more concerned about is nuclear power plants they are 5,000 times more dangerous than any pollution our cars farts Food trains planes ect do
No it doesn't. The obliquity of the planet (axial tilt) is one of the Milankovitch cycles. It takes approximately 41,000 years to go through one cycle not 500 years.

Nuclear power is one of the only carbon free baseload generation methods we have. It contributes virtually nothing to greenhouse gas emissions. Our current carbon dioxide emissions are out of control and it's those we need to worry about, that involves anything coal fired, anything running on petrochemicals, anything running on natural gas... Nuclear power is a way forward for the human race especially the potential that thorium salt reactors have.