Living with parents as an adult should legally be classified as a form of punishment

It’s not that simple to just move out for some people… some people have financial obligations to their family, care for a family member.. or just simply don’t earn enough. There’s a huge deficits in average wages and the cost of living. We’re in a cost of living crisis in the UK and people are financially destitute… people take their own lives everyday for it here.

I'm definitely not trying to mitigate the difficulty or complexity of moving out of your parents house. There are countless reasons people stay at home, and those reasons are very real. But it's decidedly not a punishment. If you're taking care of your folks, then it's a responsibility. If they're taking care of you, then it's something to be grateful for. But it's not a punishment, it's a choice. You're either choosing to take care of them, they're choosing to take care of you, or you're choosing to take care of each other – be it financially, medically, emotionally, spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically...

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Some people are caretakers for their parents in real life. Some people like me love their parents. I don't live with them. But I wouldn't mind staying with them. I help them out every single day 7 days a week 365 days a year. I would be very sad when I lose them whenever they pass on to heaven. I'm grateful to have them today. I thank God for my parents. If I could live with my parents and save a lot of money I would. I've been on my own since I was like 19 years old. And I'm in my late '40s. I couldn't replace my parents. Their angels to me. They're the best. There's nothing wrong with living with your parents. Parents to me are amazing. Parents are very helpful. In my opinion. They would do anything for you. And I would do anything for them. I think that for my parents every single day. And I love them unconditionally. And they love me back unconditionally. So if you want to stay at your parents house that's great If you don't that's great too. You only have one set of parents that's all. Treat them good. You never know when it's going to be the end.

I'm definitely not trying to mitigate the difficulty or complexity of moving out of your parents house. There are countless reasons people stay at home, and those reasons are very real. But it's decidedly not a punishment. If you're taking care of your folks, then it's a responsibility. If they're taking care of you, then it's something to be grateful for. But it's not a punishment, it's a choice. You're either choosing to take care of them, they're choosing to take care of you, or you're choosing to take care of each other – be it financially, medically, emotionally, spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically...
johnny depp fangirl challenge GIF

Some people are caretakers for their parents in real life. Some people like me love their parents. I don't live with them. But I wouldn't mind staying with them. I help them out every single day 7 days a week 365 days a year. I would be very sad when I lose them whenever they pass on to heaven. I'm grateful to have them today. I thank God for my parents. If I could live with my parents and save a lot of money I would. I've been on my own since I was like 19 years old. And I'm in my late '40s. I couldn't replace my parents. Their angels to me. They're the best. There's nothing wrong with living with your parents. Parents to me are amazing. Parents are very helpful. In my opinion. They would do anything for you. And I would do anything for them. I think that for my parents every single day. And I love them unconditionally. And they love me back unconditionally. So if you want to stay at your parents house that's great If you don't that's great too. You only have one set of parents that's all. Treat them good. You never know when it's going to be the end.
Beautiful words Princessa. You must be a dream of a daughter to your lovely folks. ❀️