Living with parents as an adult should legally be classified as a form of punishment

I lived with my mother for many years, paid her rent money. Then I bought a house and she could not care for herself so she moved in with me. It was a pleasure to take her house shopping with me. So we flipped roles it went from me living with mom to mom living with kid. Sometimes try to think outside the box not just 1 sentence.

I know financially things are fucked now but I'd really advise setting boundaries as a practice and if that's not respected find a group of friends that can share an apartment as a coop. Found family situation. You're in California, there has to be punk houses.
I was kicked out at 19 and currently living with my mother is literally not a possibility with my sister, her boyfriend, and my nephew living with my mother. Not enough space. But I found punk houses to help get me by finding a found family.

Just food for thought.

Also, I know it sucks but just to reiterate: you are pretty lucky to have stable shelter. It really sucks not to have that.

If you live with your parents you do live by their rules. Unless you pay for half the rent or have other financial arraignments then to be fair your a parasite to your parents who figured they be done with you by now. Even if you love your parents and have a good relationship with them a child should naturally yearn to be free.

No, the punishment would be if they kick you out for being too idle to support yourself.

Be glad you have parents who care enough to share their home and lives with you, a lot of people in this world have no home or parents, and home ownership for most (non wealthy)young people today is little more than a pipe dream.

At least, where I live. Which is California. Or is it in California. I don't know anymore my brain is spaghetti from the bad English the parents **** out of their mouths at me more frequently than I would like, much more frequently than I would like. They don't stop talking and they never stop to think.

Typical boomers.
I live with my mother. I'm 18. I personally don't mind it.

@Samwise is right though.

If you were in foster care you would have been kicked out (when you're 18) because you weren't being in the paycheck. Cruel but true.

I live with my parents they deserve to be looked after when they get older, need help. I will return the years of them helping me and looking after me.

depending on what kind of relationship you have with your parents it's a good thing, can be a cheaper way to live, I only have to pay them $800 a month to help out with some expenses.

It's nice to spend time with your parents my dad retired a few years back, like he said he see's me more in one year than most parents see their kids in 20 years.

It depends on the person though, I like it but it's not for everybody.