jenji
Member
Honestly, I dont really understand why anyone is offended by the idea that moderators are doing unpaid labor. If you choose to spend hours of your time moderating a website for free, thats your choice. Its not my fault you decided your time was worth giving away. What I find strange is that the site can charge users around $50 for VIP, make money from the people using the platform, and still apparently has no reason to compensate the people doing the work that keeps the place running. Nobody is saying you cant volunteer, go ahead. But dont expect everyone else to pretend that an unpaid position is somehow a prestigious job just because you get a badge and some authority. If anything, I think moderators should be asking themselves why the people benefiting from their labor have no problem letting them do it for free. Thats the part I find funny. Youre giving the site your time, the site gets the benefit, and somehow im the one getting told I should be upset about not getting the position. No thanks. If you want to work for free, thats between you and the owner.
@ShadowHawk @TheLeigh close this thread immediately!
@ShadowHawk @TheLeigh close this thread immediately!