More "reasons" when reporting + small explanation

FunGuy40

It would be great if there were more "reasons" to select when filing a report and/ or a small comment sections available going with the report.
I think it would help the mods a lot as well when reporting someone and in a few words you can direct them to the offence e.g. writing "person has an inappropriate pic in profile" or a reason to select like "person is asking for social media" or "inappropriate sexual conduct"

nice but u know ppl will just abuse that comment part. besides u report the profile for pfp or about me stuff. think mods r pretty good at knowing why unless ppl use wrong report type. prob be better having a how to use report properly on the forum to teach ppl for each room

nice but u know ppl will just abuse that comment part.
How so? I would say it makes it even easier to spot "fake reporting", I'm not talking 100+ words comment section.
prob be better having a how to use report properly on the forum to teach ppl for each room
That I also agree on although sometimes it's hard to choose between some as certain reports don't really fit 100% on the category.
I do think when reporting on profile it could make mod life easier / faster when you can point to picture or inappropriate profile text as they already have such a high demanding list to work through

It would be great if there were more "reasons" to select when filing a report
I advocated for this too and I still think it’s a good idea but having too many options could be counterproductive and people would just choose the first one in the list.

The “inappropriate content” covers most things. If a profile is reported a mod will usually check the pics and the bio. We get loads of reports of profiles where it should be the post that’s reported instead

Sometimes things can get missed but if you’ve reported and no action is taken, I don’t think mods in any room will object to you dropping them a message to highlight the problem

prob be better having a how to use report properly on the forum to teach ppl for each room
Exactly this ^^ I did one but it’s the same for all rooms. I’ll share the link here:

Post in thread 'How to & FAQs on Chat Features / Fixes to Common Errors'
https://forum.chat-avenue.com/threa...es-fixes-to-common-errors.947566/post-1253430

The “inappropriate content” covers most things. If a profile is reported a mod will usually check the pics and the bio. We get loads of reports of profiles where it should be the post that’s reported instead
That exactly falls under the "educate people how to report" I personally know and do the different reporting (post, profile or DM)
I advocated for this too and I still think it’s a good idea but having too many options could be counterproductive and people would just choose the first one in the list.
And now basically we all choose the “inappropriate content” coming down to the same thing.
I am suggesting a "spam" report reason, regardless if it's PM with websites or general chat spam with someone repeating time after time the same question, a "inappropriate sexual message" reason (mature asking for inappropriate things or vice versa) and a "disorderly conduct" reason for example when people are toxic, every reason gets a 40-50 letter comment section, more clarity 4 mods

Pro tip: most mods don't look at the reason. We look at the substance of the report and go from there. Like @Inkandtatts said, if you think a report needs some explanation, PM us with that information.
I didn't mean my posts as a complaint but merely as a suggestion that could make vague reports easier to deal with for the mods.
The more precise reports are, the easier the job is.
But I fully embrace even just a "how to report correctly" section for members and guests to make your job easier.

I didn't mean my posts as a complaint but merely as a suggestion that could make vague reports easier to deal with for the mods.
The more precise reports are, the easier the job is.
But I fully embrace even just a "how to report correctly" section for members and guests to make your job easier.
@David NY didn't mean his post negatively. I personally never look at the report reason and only look at the content of the report. I appreciate where you're coming from that having a variety of report reasons might result in the report being more accurate, but if mods aren't focusing on the report reason, then chätters who are reporting would be wasting their energy trying to be accurate when selecting a reason. We really appreciate when chätters report rule breaks, but the best way to help us is to accurately report the rule break. We often see profiles reported when there are no rules breaks on a profile. Reporting the actual message where the rule break occured helps us tremendously. And as @David NY mentioned, if a report requires more information, a PM goes a long way.

@David NY didn't mean his post negatively. I personally never look at the report reason and only look at the content of the report. I appreciate where you're coming from that having a variety of report reasons might result in the report being more accurate, but if mods aren't focusing on the report reason, then chätters who are reporting would be wasting their energy trying to be accurate when selecting a reason. We really appreciate when chätters report rule breaks, but the best way to help us is to accurately report the rule break. We often see profiles reported when there are no rules breaks on a profile. Reporting the actual message where the rule break occured helps us tremendously. And as @David NY mentioned, if a report requires more information, a PM goes a long way.
It's such an eye-opener for me to be honest, I have experience on different sites as a mod (now defunct gaychats but also currently active discord servers and Twitch chats) and there it works so differently by almost "over asking" reasons of reporting, directions, evidence etc.... I guess I never looked at it from you guys' experience but solely what I know from my experience

And as stated before I don't think too many people know reports can/ should be done either on posts, profile or on the DM

And as stated before I don't think too many people know reports can/ should be done either on posts, profile or on the DM
It's something that I wish was more intuitively obvious, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. Not a lot of people care to report, but I think even fewer care to watch an instructional video on how to report. I try to PM people with instructions that care enough to report but aren't quite reporting the right way for mods to have the evidence needed in order to take action, but it's done on an individual level and it's challenging to convey to a broader audience.

It's something that I wish was more intuitively obvious, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. Not a lot of people care to report, but I think even fewer care to watch an instructional video on how to report. I try to PM people with instructions that care enough to report but aren't quite reporting the right way for mods to have the evidence needed in order to take action, but it's done on an individual level and it's challenging to convey to a broader audience.
I guess it starts on educating reporters as you are clearly doing, you are a gay chat mod and I think for such a big chat it's a more difficult task but I think for smaller chats it's more easy although it's also a smaller team modding if I take "boys chat" as an example as this is the chat I go to mostly; for me personally gay chat is not a chat, its a personal requests board.
A chat to me is where you can have a laugh, share life events and make friends and generally have a good time.
For the smaller chats mods it be good if they could educate reporters on how to file one correctly too.

I guess it starts on educating reporters as you are clearly doing, you are a gay chat mod and I think for such a big chat it's a more difficult task but I think for smaller chats it's more easy although it's also a smaller team modding if I take "boys chat" as an example as this is the chat I go to mostly;
For the smaller chats mods it be good if they could educate reporters on how to file one correctly too.
I'm sure mods reach out to chätters about how to correctly make reports in the smaller rooms. I know I did when I modded a smaller room.

for me personally gay chat is not a chat, its a personal requests board.
A chat to me is where you can have a laugh, share life events and make friends and generally have a good time.
I couldn't help but laugh at this. Gay Chat is largely a slew of messages spammed over and over at an unreasonable rate. Someone posts and, because their message is almost immediately scrolled off the screen because of other posts, they post again - over and over and over. The problem is forever perpetuated by itself.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. Gay Chat is largely a slew of messages spammed over and over at an unreasonable rate. Someone posts and, because their message is almost immediately scrolled off the screen because of other posts, they post again - over and over and over. The problem is forever perpetuated by itself.
Gay Chat is Craigslist 5.0, no offence but it's not a chat lol And that's too bad bc I know there's enough normal ******** around

It would be great if there were more "reasons" to select when filing a report and/ or a small comment sections available going with the report.
I think it would help the mods a lot as well when reporting someone and in a few words you can direct them to the offence e.g. writing "person has an inappropriate pic in profile" or a reason to select like "person is asking for social media" or "inappropriate sexual conduct"
I think more options would be nice. Not a comment section though.

If anything, I'd advocate removing the reason to reduces steps.
I think more options would be nice. Not a comment section though.
I think it changes drastically from room to room. Having modded both a small and a large room, I would be interested to see how no report reason and a comment section would work for Gay Chat. But for VGC, I would absolutely NOT want a comment section and would want a larger variety of report reasons. It's hard to provide catch-all solutions for a site that has such drastically different room experiences.

...I mean yeah the reason on the report when sent isn't ever really looked at, and most reports are kinda obvious. Pfps and bios for profile reports, and the messages that get reported, yeah still kinda obvious.

If its something like you believe someone is also another account, that's something more so to pm for, but thats really the only time.

What would REALLY make alot of reports easier is if people learn the difference between reporting the profile or reporting a message, as that's usually where people go "why wasn't this actioned"... caus its a blank guest pfp... "but they are a bot and sent me links 😠"... then report the message 😭

Staff occasionally posts images with individual rules in them to bring attention to them. I'd suggest creating an image that has a simple tutorial on how to report and what to report. Just split it into 3 panes, "This is how to report a post in the main room, this is how to report a PM, this is how to report rules broken in a profile," with basic arrows and explanations of what to click.