*OPINION* People take things to the extreme over "Racism"

*OPINION*
4th Day of March, 2021 23:59 EDT
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO READ: I am NOT A RACIST. This Opinion is Just what I think about today "Racial Society"[/FONT]

When we think of Slavery. Civil Rights Movement of 1960's and, even George Floyd. We think of racism. Although racism is indeed a problem, I believe people take it to the extreme with violent protest in May and June of 2020 and the 2017 Charlottesville, Virginia protest over a Confederate Statue. And as of the day I am writing this. Dr. Theodore Seuss Geisel, A beloved children's author is now being called a racist over publications that were completed in the 1930's. I strongly believe that this should not be removed. I believe that Dr. Seuss is a historic man and does not deserve any of his books removed. And I will now give 2 really amazing examples of why a lot of the things any Liberal will say is Do not most of the time come close.

On May 25th, 2020. George Floyd was detained and later accidentally killed. I believe that if I was a Prosecutor, I would only go for a Manslaughter charge because the arresting officer (Derik Chauvin) was ON-DUTY and it occurred during that time. Floyd was resisting and that did provide grounds for procedure. I also believe that the protest were silly and people should not have been violent and instead just protest peacefully and hold candlelight services. I do believe that the officer should be held responsible. (INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BY A COURT OF LAW)

In July of 2020 in the County in which I reside in, A college professor wanted to remove a statue of a Confederate solider at our County Courthouse. It was because of "Racism". It was not took down luckily and should not be. If it is then give it to a Historic Museum. It is also important to note that the area in which I reside in the US. Is one of the most rural parts. I understand these people are mad but, they must not try to change history by doing things which will destroy landmarks.

At this point I am seriously starting to wonder if we will even be allowed to drink Coca-Cola, Pepsi, RC Cola or even Mountain Dew. I am sure someone would say that Coca-Cola, Pepsi and, RC Cola are racist because of the color of the drink. And they will throw a fit. They would complain about Mountain Dew, Due to it being a popular drink for Rednecks.

In Summary, I believe that alot of things that people consider racist. Most of the time are not. We cannot erase it, We have to live with it. It will still be in history textbooks and that can not change. I strongly believe that All lives are equal not more unique or less than others. If you are still reading this I greatly appreciate you reading and like or even Direct Message me for more!

Yes because the only smart thing to do is burn down cities, assault police officers, loot, cause damage, etc etc. Just look at Portland and Seattle.
They can defund the police if they want, but I bet they will be crying for them back when their already high crime rate skyrockets.

This post is highly misinformed.for starters you need to come to terms with the fact that George Floyd was murdered.it was no accident.a knee on your neck for almost 9 minutes isn’t an “oopsy” and that’s the first tell sign in your post that you’re highly misinformed/uneducated on the subject. this isn’t an “apples vs oranges” or simple opinion piece.it’s civil/human rights.words have power, and spreading misinformation can have dangerous consequences for poc.If you’re not well informed on an issue,it’s better not to speak on it and instead allow/give space for others who are,to do that.

This post is highly misinformed.for starters you need to come to terms with the fact that George Floyd was murdered.it was no accident.a knee on your neck for almost 9 minutes isn’t an “oopsy” and that’s the first tell sign in your post that you’re highly misinformed/uneducated on the subject. this isn’t an “apples vs oranges” or simple opinion piece.it’s civil/human rights.words have power, and spreading misinformation can have dangerous consequences for poc.If you’re not well informed on an issue,it’s better not to speak on it and instead allow/give space for others who are,to do that.
You're right. It would be easier to Defund and Abolish Police so that no innocent criminal is killed ever again :)

Imagine, if Police didn't exist, nobody innocent would ever die, including George Floyd. Hopefully more than two statues will be put up in America as a reminder that Police are no longer needed in Society :)

View attachment 938405I’m just gonna leave this here to remind ourselves what an opinion is..and that you cannot call someone wrong or tell them they cannot express it….. especially when an individual has made it quite obvious that is just an opinion.

You're right. It would be easier to Defund and Abolish Police so that no innocent criminal is killed ever again :)

Imagine, if Police didn't exist, nobody innocent would ever die, including George Floyd. Hopefully more than two statues will be put up in America as a reminder that Police are no longer needed in Society :)
This comment is widely irrational and it’s clear you’ve completely missed the meaning of “defunding the police” and instead opted to try and be “funny” as a deflection to your inability to think critically. It means reducing police budgets and instead investing it into social services and proper de-escalation training so that police officers don’t get called for mental health related altercations etc .It’s better than being dispatched for every single non-violent situation and them ultimately escalating it in the only way they’ve been trained to,through force.situations that could have been resolved without a gun, or excessive man power. It ultimately would make those tax dollars worth paying. side note, If you actually read up on the history of policing in America, it was originally used to catch runaway Slaves and to control them. “Slave patrol” in other words🙂

View attachment 938405I’m just gonna leave this here to remind ourselves what an opinion is..and that you cannot call someone wrong or tell them they cannot express it….. especially when an individual has made it quite obvious that is just an opinion.
I’m aware it’s an opinion lol.lots of people have opinions that eventually became laws that harm people.calling it an opinion doesn’t protect it from any form of criticism or analysis.especially if those said views are harmful.I simply informed him.to which he then replied with an insult about the meaning of “defunding the police.is this being directed at me?

Since when did an opinion on a chat website about something that’s already happened become a possible future law… 🤷‍♀️

It’s interesting that you felt it was aimed at you. It was a friendly reminder to all parties posting.

I don’t think the way to debate or change opinions is to lord the fact you think you’re smarter then them in a condescending manner (that’s just my opinion though).

Since when did an opinion on a chat website about something that’s already happened become a possible future law… 🤷‍♀️

It’s interesting that you felt it was aimed at you. It was a friendly reminder to all parties posting.

I don’t think the way to debate or change opinions is to lord the fact you think you’re smarter then them in a condescending manner (that’s just my opinion though).
My initial reply to him was not to be condescending, though it should have been considering the contents of what he was saying (ie saying Floyd’s death was an accident).and I didn’t say his specific opinion was going to become a future law,the point was that opinions aren’t always just opinions.and often that word is used to dismiss any harmful things that person may say. Me feeling that your comment was aimed at me is valid because he already stated as a disclaimer at the beginning of his post that it was an opinion. So we already understands what an opinion is.so when u then commented that after my initial response it implies that it’s directed at me and that you felt the need to remind me that his post is an opinion.i don’t think your comment was called for. I simply corrected him despite his initial post being offensive.there’s no need to tone-police me even if indirectly

I said to allow the space and platform for people who are informed on certain issues to speak on it if said person in questions isn’t.at no point did I say “I’m smarter than u”.because in his case he was spreading false ideologies.even if it was an event that had alrdy passed.

Girly… firstly, three other people commented on this post. It’s not all about you. If I’m talking AT you I’ll tag you @RwbyCastle. I can’t control where my post falls in the line-up.

Secondly… people are allowed opinions, offensive or not and who are you to correct them. That’s kinda offensive in its own way. You don’t present your opinion in a way the belittles and insults someone. If you want to foster social change you need a new approach.

This post isn’t taking away your “space and platform to air your opinions” as you stated, so you can’t do the same to someone else. And you did infact act as though you think you’re smarter.. “I simply corrected him”… yet look how irked you are that you perceive my open statement is directed solely at you… and also "at no point did I say “I’m smarter than u” " No, you didn't explicitly say those words Rwby, but by saying, "...and that’s the first tell sign in your post that you’re highly misinformed/uneducated on the subject," you are saying he is misinformed and uneducated on the matter and then you state your information and education relating to this, which does more than suggest that you feel you are more qualified to speak on the matter because you feel you are smarter and even if that’s the case it doesn’t make your opinion more important or correct.

Finally, you said "because in his case he was spreading false ideologies" he wasn't spreading any ideologies at all. The literal first word in this thread is “opinion."

You can put your fists down now, this isn’t a fight. It was simply me reminding everyone to be more mindful before they type.

Your inability to look past your own feelings and making it all about you has derailed the thread which is about the social change you are often an advocate for. Once you are able to get over that, I think you will truly be a force to be reckoned with and god help anyone who gets in your way, lady.

Like I said,it’s an expected reaction.anyone in the same position would have felt that was directed at them.If it was unintentional on your front that’s fine, that’s why I asked.but there was also no need to mock me with the “opinion” comment.and no it’s not offensive to correct an offensive comment, that makes no sense.he was definitely spreading misinformation by claiming a racist murdering a black man with his knee is an “accident”.surely we can agree that if “opinions” were never challenged or questioned we wouldn’t be here today. And doing so isn’t offensive, otherwise you might as well also say that about anyone who has ever questioned or spoke out against injustice.change requires discomfort.things don’t change by coddling or walking on eggshells.and also, what do you mean by “put your fists down,this isn’t a fight”.it just sounds like you’re painting me as the aggressor here when I’m obviously not talking to myself.maybe that was also unintentional but it wasn’t the best choice of words.

Your inability to look past your own feelings and making it all about you has derailed the thread which is about the social change you are often an advocate for. Once you are able to get over that, I think you will truly be a force to be reckoned with and god help anyone who gets in your way, lady.
So you’re claiming I’m the one unable to look past my feelings, on a subject that is constantly being centered the other way around…in a thread where I responded with facts and u basically told me that the other persons “feelings” on the subject is more valid than the actual truth…I wish you could see how that sounds

Or is it that you maybe agree but are just expecting me to deliver it in a way you or him would deem more acceptable/palatable? Trying to understand why it’s ok to go back and fourth about me correcting someone, and nothing regarding what he or anyone else said in this thread that is worse.also if someones support/allyship is conditional on the basis that the other person never under any circumstances makes them feel “uncomfortable” or self-reflect (in the context of social issues) then that allyship was never genuine/real. In this situation, you telling me that I’m emotional, angry, and “making it about me” is tone-policing, which is often used to invalidate black women when they speak on issues that effect them. Often being called angry and hostile, and told to “calm down” and say things in “a nicer tone”.And often times no matter how hard we try to say something nicely it’s still portrayed as aggressive or mean regardless. Also, considering the subject of the thread, it wouldn’t make sense to say im “making it about me” (not in the way that you think) when it indirectly is, because racism effects me as a black women myself.i can’t just separate myself from the equation.I also didn’t “derail” the thread.that would mean I changed the topic.and I’d u go read the comments before mine it was just a few people commenting and most of the comments were them basically just talking **** Except for the girl who commented that she wasn’t in a position to reply/add.the initial opinion post literally compares Coca Cola to racism,and he invalidates POC by saying “most things they say is racist, actually isn’t”,and that statues of confederate soldiers shouldn’t be taken down.but you’re telling me I need to change my tone and that I was condescending in the way I corrected him…..

Last edited:
You seem to be sitting on the victim seat, twisting and turning everything to make it a personal attack. Confusing fact and opinion. I’m sorry if you disagree with my opinions but I learned a long time ago that when someone isn’t able to be master challenging themselves- as well as others there’s no point conversing. You’re still using language like “correct and opinion” and honestly you sound arrogant and condescending.

Challenging someone can be done in a respectful and tactful manner and will often illicit much more favourable results than what you did in this thread. In turn it evokes a more thoughtful and powerful discussion.

You were the aggressor when you took an open comment and thought it was all about you. As I previously stated, other people have commented.. you’re not the only one. You aren’t the only one entitled to voice your thoughts. And I disagree that “anyone would think it was the same” And frankly, although I don’t wish to discuss this particular case… unless you are the person with your knee on someone’s neck.. you’ll never really know if it was racially motivated or not. You can examine evidence and make inferences. But that is all. So not facts.

and no it’s not offensive to correct an offensive comment, that makes no sense. surely we can agree that if “opinions” were never challenged or questioned we wouldn’t be here today. And doing so isn’t offensive, otherwise you might as well also say that about anyone who has ever questioned or spoke out against injustice.change requires discomfort.things don’t change by coddling or walking on eggshells.
On the contrary, correcting someone's opinion can be incredibly offensive. Yes, we can absolutely agree that challenging and questioning opinions has the potential to invoke change. There however is a big difference between challenging and correcting someone's beliefs.

As an example unrelated to the topic at hand, if I corrected someone's religious beliefs and said, "Your belief in your God is wrong, but my belief in my God is right. You are misinformed and uneducated, and you should believe in my God because I'm the one that is right," that would be both offensive and unproductive. That would be discounting their opinion in lieu of yours being the more correct alternative, without actually opening a dialogue as to why.

So let's relate this back to the topic of this thread. A gentleman by the name of George Floyd lost his life by direct result of police intervention. It was @Shivermetimbers' opinion that his death was accidental and it was your option that his death was intentional. For every argument, there are at least two sides. And it's okay, and even good and healthy, to challenge someone's beliefs. But simply dismissing someone's opinion because it doesn't coincide with your opinion is no way to incite a productive dialogue. I'm not suggesting that we sugar coat or, as you said, "walk on eggshells" surrounding the topic of racism. But if you feel your opinion is more right than someone else's, perhaps an adjustment in your approach from a correction to a discussion would help further your quest of civil and humans rights. I know in your mind there is no question behind the intentions of the police officer involved in George Floyd's death, but the only person who can truly know their own intentions is themselves - everyone else can only speculate and deduce from the circumstances at hand.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just saying that I also appreciate what @MissMotive is saying in this thread. Not everything is mutually exclusive, and very few things actually are. For someone as passionate on social justice issues as you are, I think threads like this one have the potential for you to really voice your opinion, state your argument, discuss why you hold the beliefs you do, and maybe even change some minds along the way. But I also think challenging opinions rather than correcting them holds a greater potential of your message being heard.

You seem to be sitting on the victim seat, twisting and turning everything to make it a personal attack. Confusing fact and opinion. I’m sorry if you disagree with my opinions but I learned a long time ago that when someone isn’t able to be master challenging themselves- as well as others there’s no point conversing. You’re still using language like “correct and opinion” and honestly you sound arrogant and condescending.

Challenging someone can be done in a respectful and tactful manner and will often illicit much more favourable results than what you did in this thread. In turn it evokes a more thoughtful and powerful discussion.

You were the aggressor when you took an open comment and thought it was all about you. As I previously stated, other people have commented.. you’re not the only one. You aren’t the only one entitled to voice your thoughts. And I disagree that “anyone would think it was the same” And frankly, although I don’t wish to discuss this particular case… unless you are the person with your knee on someone’s neck.. you’ll never really know if it was racially motivated or not. You can examine evidence and make inferences. But that is all. So not facts.
I’m not the aggressor,you painted me as such when you disregarded everything he said and tried to basically tell me “how to respond to racism”. If someone isn’t interested or open to learning from the jump, my delivery isn’t going to change that. Respectfully, society often responds unfavourable to people who look like me when they speak about these things, regardless of how I word it.we could give the exact same speech and talking points and more often than not, yours will be better received despite having the same message.and it’s been done and proven time and time again.there’s no question of opinion regarding the Floyd case.he literally cried out that he couldn’t breathe to man who refused to remove his knee from his neck for 9 minutes until he died.i employ you to imagine yourself in that scanario and think about how you would react if someone had called it an “accident” or excuses something that was clearly an act of brutality as something that “nobody knows for sure”.there is a line that needs to be drawn for what is and what isn’t.otherwise you might as well make the same case for every racist person in history from slavery to Jim Crow and just say “nobody knows for sure if they were racist”.On top of the fact that you guys are defending chouvin, you’re only addressing half of the original post and completely dismissing where he literally defended the idolization/celebration of confederate soldiers… tie that to him saying Floyd’s death was accidental,you can see too that despite him putting in all caps that he “isn’t racist” he in-fact is for that. And lostcause you are diagreeing,because you’re saying that Floyd’s death was an accident.

Derek chauvin was found guilty on all accounts and was responsible for floyds death no matter how you guys want to spin the story. He kneeled on his neck for 9 minutes until he died, unable to breathe. This isn’t a personal opinion it’s a fact. It was ruled a homicide caused by cardiopulmonary arrest DUE TO neck compression while he was being subdued by officers.he had multiple on him and STILL had a knee on his neck and you’re telling me that’s not overkill despite literally all evidence that already proved it was.