PRIDE in sexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its an assumption that street preachers are westborough types/ because that was never proven or alleged. Yu can watch them for yourself on you tube- exactly what they were saying and their style, the specific assumption is that any preacher who sees homosexuality- as a sin etc is a phelps type, maybe its not an assumption but it is a sterotype
I watched them before I replied and perhaps they don’t go as far as “god hates fags” but it’s not far off.

Im characterizing that as toxic pride only to fit debate topic. If wee are so pround of our sexuality it drives us to engage in mutual combat- its a problem is my thought.
Can I ask what your view would have been if the 6-7 guy was straight? There are plenty of straight people that shut down homophobic bigotry - are they also doing it because they have pride in their heterosexuality (which makes the whole point even more bizarre) or is it because they’re decent human beings that think there’s no place for bigotry in this world?

It could be that Mr 6-7 equated their "sermons" as homophobic- which these days is interpreted as anything negative about gay/issues, which in turn is equated to hate
It may well be interpreted by some people in that way but making a generalised statement like this puts you on the level with Tall Man. Just because some people hold such views doesn’t mean that everyone does.

If I were to say that all Canadians have a longing to go to India and make themselves look like tits and march in gay parades to win the support of others (while wearing tight-fitting trousers to show off a very appealing bum), I’d clearly be talking out of my rear end just as you and Tall Man do when you say that everything that’s seen as anti-gay is viewed as homophobic/hate speech/criminal.

it is extrodinairy for the cops to publically opine before a court hearing and disparge an accused
I couldn’t disagree more. The role of the cops is exactly to opine on guilt before a court hearing. How else would any case ever come before a court? It’s a basic process of the judicial system. Cops will also often publicly state their feelings on a crime or on an accused person. I don’t see what’s extraordinary about that.

Its extrorinairy that a scuffle over a mic, is classed as aggravated assault- for something along the lines of being pushed.
If one person broke the leg of another then of course it’s an aggravated assault, according to the law on assault in Canada. The pushing is the assault. The aggravation is the broken leg.

That seems to indicate a preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were gay-- based on the demograhic of the victim in this case a gay man

Jesus Christ. By the same logic, if I get arrested for assaulting a straight man and the cop is straight, then it’s preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were straight.

Also by the same logic, if a KKK member gets arrested by a black cop for assaulting a black man then it’s preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were black.

Do you see the madness here, and the madness in what you’re saying?

@Inkandtatts look at my thread trans women winning awards that are for women, page 1 you quoted my opening post and you said qoute " transphobic bullying hate speech" not one WORD of it was any of that. It's proof of your intolerance of different opinions.

I watched them before I replied and perhaps they don’t go as far as “god hates fags” but it’s not far off.

Can I ask what your view would have been if the 6-7 guy was straight? There are plenty of straight people that shut down homophobic bigotry - are they also doing it because they have pride in their heterosexuality (which makes the whole point even more bizarre) or is it because they’re decent human beings that think there’s no place for bigotry in this world?

It may well be interpreted by some people in that way but making a generalised statement like this puts you on the level with Tall Man. Just because some people hold such views doesn’t mean that everyone does.

If I were to say that all Canadians have a longing to go to India and make themselves look like tits and march in gay parades to win the support of others (while wearing tight-fitting trousers to show off a very appealing bum), I’d clearly be talking out of my rear end just as you and Tall Man do when you say that everything that’s seen as anti-gay is viewed as homophobic/hate speech/criminal.

I couldn’t disagree more. The role of the cops is exactly to opine on guilt before a court hearing. How else would any case ever come before a court? It’s a basic process of the judicial system. Cops will also often publicly state their feelings on a crime or on an accused person. I don’t see what’s extraordinary about that.

If one person broke the leg of another then of course it’s an aggravated assault, according to the law on assault in Canada. The pushing is the assault. The aggravation is the broken leg.

Jesus Christ. By the same logic, if I get arrested for assaulting a straight man and the cop is straight, then it’s preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were straight.

Also by the same logic, if a KKK member gets arrested by a black cop for assaulting a black man then it’s preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were black.

Do you see the madness here, and the madness in what you’re saying?

Can I ask what your view would have been if the 6-7 guy was straight?
exactly the same- however its not able to be applied as "straight" doesnt allege pride (that I know of) and OP has made the topic pride in sexuality.

hey’re decent human beings that think there’s no place for bigotry in this world?

probably are decent ive no cause to doubt that, but its nor relevant imo.

just because some people think if or because I reference TM or agree with him on an issue, that I agree on all issues or on the level. If I generalize its almost always to avoid TLDR

when you say that everything that’s seen as anti-gay is viewed as homophobic/hate speech/criminal.

I agree, Ive added *often* to mt previous as im aware not everyone thinks the same. MY own observation is that phobia is now synonymous with hate- and that view seems widespread .

With all due respect the analogy isnt quite correct. If a KKK member gets wounded in a scuflle with black activists, and black cops arrest and publicly comment beyond normal prodedure, and lay a very serious charge and seem to pronounce guilt summarily?

Cops will also often publicly state their feelings on a crime or on an accused person. I don’t see what’s extraordinary about that.

I dont want to go to far off topic, but cops male allegations. Their role is never to say someone is guilty, nothing is a fact unless a judge says it is, commenting on a crime re personal feelings- it problematic becazuse it could raise questions of the legitimacy or discretion of the officers-

ok=neither of us are lawyers. The aggravating part is the seriousness of the bodily injury correct. I dont think the charge itself shows preferential treatment per se other than the swiftness and public comment on guilt and personal feelings.

exactly the same- however its not able to be applied as "straight" doesnt allege pride (that I know of) and OP has made the topic pride in sexuality.
So if it’s exactly the same, you’re saying that a heterosexual person trying to shut down a homophobic person’s comments is doing so because the heterosexual person has pride in being heterosexual. Okay.

It (being the OP) didn’t specify only homosexuality. It said sexuality. Is heterosexuality not a sexuality?

With all due respect the analogy isnt quite correct. If a KKK member gets wounded in a scuflle with black activists, and black cops arrest and publicly comment beyond normal prodedure, and lay a very serious charge and seem to pronounce guilt summarily?
“Gay injured party, gay cops = all a big gay conspiracy”, is how you’ve come across on that point and both my analogies were spot on. I’m not sure what question you’re asking me here.

Their role is never to say someone is guilty, nothing is a fact unless a judge says it is, commenting on a crime re personal feelings- it problematic becazuse it could raise questions of the legitimacy or discretion of the officers-
Judges and juries decide guilt. Cops arrest and put forward cases to prosecutors - and comment publicly - precisely because they believe the accused is guilty. Trying to say they shouldn’t is absurd.

Eg. The Soham Murders. Press conferences went on, they found the bodies of the missing girls, the two murderers were found, the police did a press conference commenting on the atrocity, confirming who they’d arrested thereby confirming that they (the police) had decided the offenders were guilty.

It's actually amazing how hateful and uneducated some of the views on here are. The proof they put forward is only ever half the story, their arguments are never backed up by facts or figures, and then threads are closed or they get abusive when they don't get their own way.

**** what bread thinks. The minute this turned into trans rights and gay hate it should have been closed. We're meant to be an inclusive forum. Doesn't gay chat have more users than gen chat? Way to make them feel comfortable and welcome should they venture onto forums.

It's actually amazing how hateful and uneducated some of the views on here are. The proof they put forward is only ever half the story, their arguments are never backed up by facts or figures, and then threads are closed or they get abusive when they don't get their own way.

**** what bread thinks. The minute this turned into trans rights and gay hate it should have been closed. We're meant to be an inclusive forum. Doesn't gay chat have more users than gen chat? Way to make them feel comfortable and welcome should they venture onto forums.
You cry "hateful" and yet you cry when anyone convey an opinion that differs from yours. I don't think you even know what hate is. Define hate in ONE word = emotion and YOU don't have a magical ability to determine how other people are FEELING from words on a screen.

I didn’t make an assumption. I looked it up. That’s what they were doing. He didn’t make an assumption either - he heard it live. It’s also fairly well publicised what these people are all about.

It’s interesting that you see “6-7” as the provocateur here when the preachers were the provocateurs, which you acknowledged here:
Preaching is not a crime. Neither are "these people" "all about something".
That is by definition making an assumption and a generalization about street preachers LMAO
If I as a white person went to a majority black neighbourhood and started chanting racist crap, that would be provocative in the same way as these preachers were.
chanting racist crap is hate speech not free speech. It is not comparable.
I’d also expect to be approached by someone and told to stop.
I dont assume youd expect someone to steal your property and assault you?
That’s an assumption you’re making. I’d like to think that regardless of his sexuality, he was being a decent human being, trying to stop some hate-filled asswipes from spewing hate. I’m not black but I’d tell a group of racist thugs chanting racist crap to STFU. I’m not trans but I’d also tell trans-haters to STFU .
Yes because loving decent human beings scream profanities at people when they are offended. Then they try to forcefully shove them to get their way then they steal their property when they dont. That is not hateful at all.
Judges and juries decide guilt. Cops arrest and put forward cases to prosecutors - and comment publicly - precisely because they believe the accused is guilty. Trying to say they shouldn’t is absurd.
THEY SURE DO
30tE7To.png

A recent report from the Vancouver Police Department says two preachers accused of blaring offensive, anti-gay messages with the help of a microphone and amplifier in the West End last summer did not violate hate speech laws.

The report says investigators from VPD's Hate Crimes Unit, Major Crimes Section, and the VPD Operations Legal Advisor concluded that "none of the alleged actions by the street preachers constituted a violation of Criminal Code laws concerning hate speech or promoting hate."
Dorre Love was charged in October last year following a physical altercation that took place on Aug. 22, 2020 in Vancouver's West End.

Love and another man were preaching with a loudspeaker outside the Starbucks on Davie Street and Thurlow Street, when Justin Morissette, who lived nearby, approached the preacher and told him he was causing a nuisance.
The incident, captured on video, showed Morissette yelling at the preacher.
In the video, which was submitted as evidence by Crown counsel and played during Friday's sentencing hearing,
Morissette is seen telling Love to "shut the f--k up" and to "turn it the f--k down."
He then grabbed Love's microphone, which led to the physical altercation that ended with Morissette suffering a badly broken leg.

On Friday, a Vancouver Provincial Court judge said Morissette was hostile and had a part in initiating the physical altercation, after he pushed Love in the chest.

According to Morissette, the preacher and his ministry, Ministry of the Word, were spreading anti-gay hate speech. Morissette sued the city and police for letting Love continue his behaviour.

However, the judge ruled on Friday that the video did not show any bias, prejudice or hateful comments toward any specific minority group.

The judge determined Aug. 22, 2020 was an "unfortunate" turn of events, but that Love had the right to be on the street, to preach his sermon. The judge added that Morissette did not have the right to take the microphone away from Love forcibly.

In this article, as in these forums. People like ink think they have the right to harass someone that dont align with their views.
TLDR. This guy decided to take the law into his own hands and got fucking OWNED even though hes BIG and GAY.
zJYlXZm.png
Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we did a good job between us @H.R. PufnStuf by giving the OP (the one that wants to own a child and is in a relationship with his father), something to do by researching that case and keeping his poisonous fingers away from the keyboard for a little while.

What it (the OP) fails to mention is that the preacher was convicted and given a 12-month conditional discharge for the assault, has to complete community service, has been ordered to refrain from posting or broadcasting anything on social media in relation to the Aug. 22 incident,
has also been told to stay away from certain areas of Vancouver's West End, and he is not allowed to possess an electronic loudspeaker during his 12-month conditional discharge.

I’d say that’s a win for the big gay guy and for general human decency, so to coin a phrase used by the POS (sorry, I mean OP,) 6-7, the cops, and the judge OWNED that preacher.

Gay Dying GIF

Hell, I’ll even use the POS’s fave gif:

1710378967296.gif

PS:
@Bread. im thinking this thread has run its course- do you agree?

@WasteOfSperm, HR asked you a question ^^^

@H.R. PufnStuf people don’t get notified of tags when the tags are edited in after the post is posted

I think we did a good job between us @H.R. PufnStuf by giving the OP (the one that wants to own a child and is in a relationship with his father), something to do by researching that case and keeping his poisonous fingers away from the keyboard for a little while.

What it (the OP) fails to mention is that the preacher was convicted and given a 12-month conditional discharge for the assault, has to complete community service, has been ordered to refrain from posting or broadcasting anything on social media in relation to the Aug. 22 incident,
has also been told to stay away from certain areas of Vancouver's West End, and he is not allowed to possess an electronic loudspeaker during his 12-month conditional discharge.

I’d say that’s a win for the big gay guy and for general human decency, so to coin a phrase used by the POS (sorry, I mean OP,) 6-7, the cops, and the judge OWNED that preacher.

Gay Dying GIF

View attachment 965698

PS:

@H.R. PufnStuf people don’t get notified of tags when the tags are edited in after the post is posted

in Canada, a conditional discharge is a finding of guilt but its not a conviction- judges do that when the offence is minor and the character/history of the accused is good. I saw your other points but I think going on woul'mt be useful most of that discussion covered the important things imo. thank you for that!

@Bread. im thinking this has run its course, any objections to closing?

PS:

What ink refuses to address is that this was resolved by a plea deal, not convicted by a jury. Imagine being so humble that you accept a false sentencing in order to come to a resolution and move on from a spiteful prideful homosexual.

"Love, who moved to Ontario in July and returned to Vancouver for the hearing, stood in front of the judge and acknowledged he should have handled the confrontation differently, and said he has learned his lesson."

Had he gone to trial he would have won.

The judge agreed morissette initiated the confrontation.
The judge agreed Morissette assaulted first
The judge agreed there was no hate speech.
The judge agreed there was no evidence that he caused Morissette to break his leg.

Meanwhile the homosexual has not apologized or admitted he was at fault. Angry people full of HATE and PRIDE just like ink.

It's okay though its still a win in my book. That homosexual will think twice about invading someone's space again.

Morissette addressed the court, saying the incident has destroyed his leg and his career as a Sportsnet 650 broadcaster. Morissette now has a metal plate in his knee, and has difficulties walking.

He added that he suffers trauma from the incident, which the judge acknowledged.

Who really got OWNED.
The member who already volunteers to his community having to do community service and now walks scott free.

Or the person that's traumatized and has to live with a limp the rest of his life LOL
Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

Ink has refused to debate any of the points I've articulated and **** posted insults all the way to page 6. but now he wants to respond to a comment I've made because he thought it was a one up moment .

- Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall Uprising in Manhattan.

- This month is celebrated as a tribute to those who were involved in the Stonewall Riots which was a series gay liberation protests in 1969
-Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month) is celebrated annually in June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots
- to raise awareness of, and combat prejudice against, LGBT people and history.

Status
Not open for further replies.