Second annual VGC art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread.

Gold Member
SECOND ANNUAL VGC ART CONTEST

Rules:
1. Submissions must not violate the terms of service of this site (ie no nudity etc)
2. Submissions may not represent or name users who chat here, without their explicit permission.
(this includes making low effort drawings intended to harass)
3. Two submissions are allowed per contestant.
4. Art must be handmade from pencil, ink, paint, or canvas.
5. No digital art or art assisted by electronic devices.
6. No other forms of art (ie Sculptures)
7. Submission Deadline ends Dec 20th 2023
8. Previous Artowrk may be used but it must have been created in 2023
9. Art must be autographed and dated
10. Have fun!

Though this contest is taking place in VGC, all other chat avenue artists are welcomed to join!
Any Contestants not abiding by the rules will be IMMEDIATELY disqualified.

Winner will be voted by the people of this forum in a seperate poll.
Winner will receive bragging right "Best VGC artist OF 2023"

Happy Feel Good GIF

Good Luck!​

Radiation has been Barred from the contest. This a serious art contest, serious entries only.
If it’s so serious then I have some questions on the criteria:

6. No other forms of art (ie Sculptures)

Unless canvas has a different meaning in American English then rule 4 invalidates rule 6

5. No digital art or art assisted by electronic devices.
If art can’t be assisted by electronic devices then how can said art be conveyed to this thread?

If it’s so serious then I have some questions on the criteria:

Unless canvas has a different meaning in American English then rule 4 invalidates rule 6
canΒ·vas
/ˈkanvΙ™s/

noun
noun: canvas
  1. a strong, coarse unbleached cloth made from hemp, flax, cotton, or a similar yarn, used to make items such as sails and tents and as a surface for oil painting.
    "a canvas bag"
Rule 6 says no other forms of art IE sculptures.
This means sketches, paintings, drawings are okay.
Making clay dildos, and pissing on snow is not.
In order to have a uniform degree of judging the criteria needs to be uniform.
Paper, Canvas, books IE "normal" canvases are ok. Not a nude model "canvas" with body paint.
If art can’t be assisted by electronic devices then how can said art be conveyed to this thread?
Then you can mail it to 1234 West Chat Avenue. Poundsand, USA.

The art itself can not be digitally assisted. IE AI art, Photoshop, or any paint software.
The purpose of this contest is to inspire people to create something with their hands.
Though digital art is still being created with hands, the software has a varying degree of aid, think AI.

This does not mean you cant take a picture of your handmade art with a device for submission.

canΒ·vas
/ˈkanvΙ™s/

noun
noun: canvas
  1. a strong, coarse unbleached cloth made from hemp, flax, cotton, or a similar yarn, used to make items such as sails and tents and as a surface for oil painting.
    "a canvas bag"
Rule 6 says no other forms of art IE sculptures.
This means sketches, paintings, drawings are okay.
Making clay dildos, and pissing on snow is not.
In order to have a uniform degree of judging the criteria needs to be uniform.
Paper, Canvas, books IE "normal" canvases are ok. Not a nude model "canvas" with body paint.

Then you can mail it to 1234 West Chat Avenue. Poundsand, USA.

The art itself can not be digitally assisted. IE AI art, Photoshop, or any paint software.
The purpose of this contest is to inspire people to create something with their hands.
Though digital art is still being created with hands, the software has a varying degree of aid, think AI.

This does not mean you cant take a picture of your handmade art with a device for submission.
Thank you for clarifying that the definition of canvas is the same in our respective countries.

How then is canvas comparable to pencils and ink? Does your canvas contain something that emanates from it when you rub it on paper in the same way as ink from a pen or paint from a pot?

I’m quoting your own rule again for ease
So if I can handmake my art from canvas that must mean sculptures are allowed, no?

Thank you for clarifying that the definition of canvas is the same in our respective countries.

How then is canvas comparable to pencils and ink? Does your canvas contain something that emanates from it when you rub it on paper in the same way as ink from a pen or paint from a pot?

Stop being a dumbass im not going to list every single type of media that is commonly used to draw art.

I’m quoting your own rule again for ease

So if I can handmake my art from canvas that must mean sculptures are allowed, no?

I can also handmake a black eye

Stop being a dumbass im not going to list every single type of media that is commonly used to draw art.

You are now barred from this contest.

You said it yourself. I shall quote it again:

PS. You are now in violation of the site’s TOS (specifically Rule 8a) which of course formulates Rule 1 of the competition
I can also handmake a black eye

1. Submissions must not violate the terms of service of this site (ie no nudity etc)

You are now banned from this contest

Edit: Rule 8a attached

Attachments

• IMG_4925.jpeg
    IMG_4925.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 7
I am not submitting a black eye. You submitted an obvious penis that was drawn in all of about 10 seconds and that is why youre barred. Maybe stop thinking about dicks. You must be the flamboyant gay type, its obvious. Just like lank.

I am not submitting a black eye. You submitted an obvious penis that was drawn in all of about 10 seconds and that is why youre barred. Maybe stop thinking about dicks. You must be the flamboyant gay type, it’s obvious. Just like lank.
As you can see I live rent free in Breads mind, very spacious it is in here too

i’m guessing this is going to end up like last time where bread just ends up posting his own stuff and ignoring what people think by disqualifying other artists for his own reasons that he makes up(even if it’s not consistent with his OP rules) then he’ll declare himself the winner and β€œβ€β€gloat””” about it all year

Status
Not open for further replies.