Smartphone suggestions?

The Voice

I'm one of the few Americans alive who's never owned a smartphone, but now I'm seeing it as a requirement for various jobs, and my current employer is switching to a security system requiring them for entry into the facility.

But I don't want to pay upwards of $1,000 for a glorified portable telephone that takes selfies.

So do any of you know of a quality smartphone for around $500 or less?

The phone I buy must be able to emanate its own wifi hotspot (I own an RV and would like to use my laptop to piggyback off the cell signal when I'm traveling). Other than that, the usual stuff: take pics, record videos, surf the net, ad apps, blah blah blah.

Lastly, I REFUSE to buy Apple products, so don't even go there.

• 41OtXxG4gdL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 31HrRn-4jaL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 319st4KiC0L._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 31Re09GKu7L._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 41teVDcYlmL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 21Dgnk4SqtL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg

• 81LkG4uqmpL._SX679_.jpg

I like different ones but their is one above is good. I like blue advance 4, LG,ZTE, MOTO, Plum Axe 4,motorola g6 or g7 smartphone and more. I had issues once when I had apple so never again either. I am leaving version wireless in a few days going to new provider. I hope helps.

All the best,

Princessa
:) Have a nice day.

Motorola G6 โ€“ 64 GB

Honor 7X GSM Smartphone 5.93โ€ FullView Display, 16MP + 2MP Dual-Lens Camera, Dual SIM, Expandable Storage, Black (US Warranty)

• Samsung Galaxy S10: Best smartphone overall.
  • ****** Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL : Best camera phone.
  • Huawei Mate 20 Pro : Best phone with great battery life.
  • N o K ia 7.1 and 9 and n o k ia lumia: some are in the n o k I a Best budget phone.
โ€‹
Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+
phone-gs10-5g.png

Galaxy S10 5G and
Galaxy Note9

Last edited:
Yes I think there reliable but everyone has their own opinion. So you can try it out and see if you like it 1st. Sometimes they give you like a few days to see if it works good in your area and like it and if you do like it you keep it if you don't bring it back to the store with your receipt. The only phone I ever brought back was an iPhone apple.

HONOR
is a
smartphone
brand owned by Huawei Technologies. As part of the Huawei Consumer Business Group's dual-brand strategy,
Honor
provides
smartphone
handsets targeting young consumers but has released tablet computers and wearable technology as well. As of 2016, George Zhao serves as global president of
Honor
, and Eva Wimmers serves as president of the brand in Europe and is global VP.
They have them in the USA too. I like them and they have also great rating. Before I buy a phone I look for the ratings 1st and I saw them 5 stars and some 4 and half stars. I had one before and it was great for me. I love trying different kinds of phones too. I have tried many. I like to switch and change types of phones. I really like my zte. but lots of people don't like them. I had 3 or 4 of them, All 3 probably lasted me one year or more it depends of if you take care of it or not nicely to the phones. I have cases for my phones. I have had a flip phone too and never had a problem with it has lasted for me for many years It was an LG.

Honer phones aka Huawei start from 88.00 up to 500.00 plus.

Good luck in finding a great smart phone and great service, I have tried att, Verizon, metro pcs, and sprint wireless. I have not tried boost mobile or T -mobile, but now t - mobile is with metro pcs now.
Please don't get sprint. They racked my bill up to 5,000 dollars and I told them if they didn't fix my bill I would sue them so they took it right off. Att owes me like 50.00-100.00.
So I might go back with metro pcs or att, or I might even try boost mobile or t mobile, Unsure what service I will get in 2 days. I don't know Verizon anymore either for my own personal reason of what they said and did to me so no more. Metro is soso not the best. Cheers!

Good day and good night!

I wish you
All the best,
Princessa
:) xoxo[/QUOTE]

Get a 2nd hand iPhone. You'll love the tech!! Anything from a 6 up. Mine is perfectly fine, had no issues with it, and as of today becomes my back up phone cos I bought a new one.

Get a 2nd hand iPhone. You'll love the tech!! Anything from a 6 up. Mine is perfectly fine, had no issues with it, and as of today becomes my back up phone cos I bought a new one.

Apple iPhone are the worst in my opinion. Like I said before I bought one and the next day I had to turned it. Lots of issues, problems and it did not work at all for me. I would never buy anything used either. I buy all my cells new. I have lots of friends that don't like apple I phones and they would never buy one ever again. iPhone is just asking for problems those phones.Thumbs down for apple I phones. ( The Screen name-The Voice) said he did not want a iPhone either.
Just saying! I know where all giving our opinions sorry Toretto. Take care!

Have a great day and week. Cheers!

All the best,
Princessa
:)
xo

I'm one of the few Americans alive who's never owned a smartphone, but now I'm seeing it as a requirement for various jobs, and my current employer is switching to a security system requiring them for entry into the facility.

But I don't want to pay upwards of $1,000 for a glorified portable telephone that takes selfies.

The phone I buy must be able to emanate its own wifi hotspot (I own an RV and would like to use my laptop to piggyback off the cell signal when I'm traveling). Other than that, the usual stuff: take pics, record videos, surf the net, ad apps, blah blah blah.

Ouch what did apple ever do to you?My android friends swear by LG stylo, LG thinQ or samsung galaxy.

Ouch what did apple ever do to you?My android friends swear by LG stylo, LG thinQ or samsung galaxy.

If I didn't have an iPhone (sorry folks, but again, the tech is bloody awesome), I would have a Samsung. My TV's are Samsung, my soundbar is a Samsung, my fridge and washing machine...Samsung.

I wouldn't recommend getting a Huawei phone as of now, the company is currently having issues with the US Government and everything is going crazy. I would recommend the new ****** Pixel 3a or ****** Pixel 3a Xl (The XL Version has a bigger screen at 6 inches and with a bigger battery, almost exactly the same as the regular 3a) The Pixel 3a sells for around $399 new, and the Pixel 3a XL sells for about $480. Both have amazing cameras, are fast, and they get every Android update for the next 3 years. They come with fingerprint readers, too. :) The following photo is what it looks like. I am getting the XL version from Verizon before school starts again in a few weeks. View attachment 480931

I wouldn't recommend getting a Huawei phone as of now, the company is currently having issues with the US Government and everything is going crazy. I would recommend the new ****** Pixel 3a or ****** Pixel 3a Xl (The XL Version has a bigger screen at 6 inches and with a bigger battery, almost exactly the same as the regular 3a) The Pixel 3a sells for around $399 new, and the Pixel 3a XL sells for about $480. Both have amazing cameras, are fast, and they get every Android update for the next 3 years. They come with fingerprint readers, too. :) The following photo is what it looks like. I am getting the XL version from Verizon before school starts again in a few weeks. View attachment 10120

i have 2 phones: one for work and one for not work

i have a huawei and it works awesome. updates and all. despite the govt trade issues.

the 2nd is a samsung Galaxy i love it. Verizon is the service to go with. you dont need a contact with them you can do prepay hit up a best buy look at their phones and pick one and for about $200 for the phone & about $50 a month you could be set up without needing to spend $5k. you could do post paid and have a billion phones to choose from including samsungs. as long as you know your way around ****** youll be fine with a galaxy. if you go post paid and your job is rougher than most kyocera brought back their powehorses aka dura line of military grade tough phones in a smart phone variety . i know alot of people who refused to give up their duramax's until the duraforces came out.

Gifts cards are awesome.
So pretty much I had 60.00 in a target gift card from the past. I probable paid between $7.00-$20.00 for everything for the cell phone/ and service using my gift and almost one month for free. Plus the phone was on sale at target. I always look for the deals 1st before I start spending money on phones and services.

[h=1]Alcatel Total Wireless/Verizon Prepaid Andriod TCL LX (16GB) โ€“ Black I have one of these phones and I never had a problem with it. I love this too. 25.OO TO 35.00 PER MONTH. Pay as you go no contract. So you can leave whenever you want or stay with a pre-paid company. I don't do contracts phones or services anymore. I like leave a company when I want too. Unlimited talk and text and some data. But, if you go to different places that have free wi-fi you really don't need a lot of data tbh. Total wireless uses Verizon towers. So Verizon is good sometimes for me. But, it just depends where people live too. Just check 1st before you get the services and phone to see if it is in your area too. Some companies works for me and others companies do not tbh. Also instead of buying the phones from the phone store, you can buy the phone cheaper at Target, or Walmart or maybe the dollar store. Now sometimes when I buy a phone at target and transfer my phone/my number to a different phone carrier, target gives a 30.00 gift card if you do this. I have done this 2 or 3 different times. I have gotten a $30.00 to 90.00 gift cards by keeping my same number but switches companies. I like target because when you do that you sometimes get a gift card then you can use that gift card for anything else you want to buy at target. I look for gift cards and things to get when you buy something and switch to different company. I just got another $30.00 gift card at target for doing just that. Switches to a different company. I talked to a target tech team in there cell phones department. So pretty please check it out if you would like too.
Again, good luck.
[/h]
All the best,
Princessa
xoxo
The Total Wireless Alcatel TCL LX gives you all the tools you need and fun features you want to help tackle your busy mobile life. An affordable smartphone that pairs great features with an enhanced mobile experience. The TCL LX looks more expensive than it really is, featuring a sleek, compact design that embodies both form and function. The 18:9 display ensures that the Enterprise form factor is thinner, so it's easier and more comfortable to hold in your hand and use for extended periods of time. With a camera that features includes Panorama mode, Time-lapse, HDR, Night Mode and Instant Collage Total Wireless Alcatel TCL LX Prepaid Smartphone

Nothing, because I refuse to buy their products. But they treat their workers like crap. Look up the number of suicides at their manufacturing facilities in China--so many that they had to hang nets between the buildings to stop employees from jumping to their deaths. They treat their customers like crap too. Remember the iPhone that came out a few years back that would only work if you used aluminum foil on it? Then there was the deliberate slowing of older model phones via Apple "updates" which made their older phones obsolete, forcing their customers to purchase the newest model.

Greedy corporations like that do not deserve my business.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward the Samsung S7 (or newer?) or one of those Honor models. Motorola has one I'm somewhat interested in too. Still have to do more research and decide for sure. Thanks for the help so far, peeps!

I like Samsung's brands as well too. I agree with everything you said.
Pros

• Stunning looks
  • Great camera experience
  • microSD slot and IP68 water resistance
  • Glorious display

Cons

• Fingerprint magnet
  • TouchWiz still has some quirks
  • Poor speakers

• 3,000mAh battery
  • 12MP camera
  • Fast and wireless charging
  • MicroSD
  • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
  • 4GB RAM
  • 5MP selfie camera
  • Exynos 8890 processor
    • Price: ยฃ569.00
    • 5.1-inch, quad-HD display
  • Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S9 at MWC 2018 in Barcelona. If youโ€™ve been holding on to your Galaxy S7 since launch then should you start thinking about upgrading? Check out our Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Galaxy S7 comparison to find out more about how they match up โ€“ or jump to the future and get an idea of whatโ€™s coming with our guide to the Galaxy S10.. It might lack the new-gen hardware of 2018 flagships and may have been usurped at the top of the best Android phone pile by the likes of the Pixel 3 and Huawei P20 Pro but itโ€™s a strong performer that can be had for less than most โ€“ and with a perfect 5/5 Trusted Reviews rating, it should still absolutely be considered.

the Galaxy S7 feels. While the S6 felt harsh and rigid, the Galaxy S7 slips softly into my palm. Itโ€™s so much more ergonomic and makes picking it up off a flat surface much easier.
Itโ€™s an absolute fingerprint magnet, though. After a few minutes of use, the entire back becomes a grubby mess that needs wiping down with a microfibre cloth.

That speaker is one of the few missteps, Itโ€™s downward-facing, gets easily blocked by my hands when playing a game and it sounds tinny and distorted at high volume.

The front again has a clean look about it. The elongated home button still sits under the display, and it still juts out ever so slightly, rather than being concave like the iPhoneโ€™s. For me, this is a plus โ€“ it feels better pressing the Galaxy S7โ€™s home button than the iPhone 6Sโ€™s โ€“ but a couple of the TrustedReviews team think otherwise. Theyโ€™re wrong, of course, but itโ€™s interesting how such a small design choice can split people.

Housed inside the home button is a really fast and accurate fingerprint sensor that matches the iPhone 6Sโ€™s for speed, but itโ€™s marginally slower than the Nexus 6Pโ€™s. That difference is minimal, though, and something you would only notice if you had the two side by side.

Itโ€™s clear from the Galaxy S7 that Samsung is listening to customer feedback and bringing back favoured features from the Galaxy back catalogue. MicroSD expansion is one, and IP68 water resistance is another.
The latter is by no means a vital feature, yet itโ€™s impressive that itโ€™s been added without any forced changes to the design. There are no flaps, thereโ€™s no added thickness and no extra space between the display and glass. 1m of water for up to 30 minutes without damaging the phone.
Itโ€™s become a cliche that phones get thinner and thinner each year, but that isnโ€™t the case with the S7. Itโ€™s marginally thicker than its predecessor and has a nice weight to it. It feels dense and expensive, though not as delicate as youโ€™d expect from a phone with glass on the front and back. I dropped it about four foot onto a hard floor and it survived without any problems.
Samsung has stuck with the same 5.1-inch display, thereโ€™s the Galaxy S7 Edge if you want something bigger, and itโ€™s refreshing to have a flagship phone that feels this compact and easy to hold. Itโ€™s roughly the same size as the iPhone 6S, which only has a 4.7-inch screen, and much smaller than top-end devices from LG, Huawei and ******.
Coming from using the S7 Edge, I was initially a little underwhelmed by the Galaxy S7. It didnโ€™t quite have that wow factor its curvier sibling does. But after a while it became my favourite phone to use on a daily basis. It feels great, is the perfect size and doesnโ€™t make any sacrifices โ€“ aside from maybe the speakers โ€“ to get there.

Related: Best Android smartphone

Samsung Galaxy S7 โ€“ Display

Close to perfection. Thatโ€™s the best way to describe the display on Samsungโ€™s Galaxy S7.
Not much has really changed from the outgoing S6, but this still holds up as the best screen on a smartphone.
Itโ€™s still a 5.1-inch QHD panel with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, and just like every Galaxy flagship so far, it uses Samsungโ€™s Super AMOLED tech, rather than the more common LCD.
AMOLED displays are a lot better at showing off blacks than LCDs. Instead of looking slightly grey and washed out, the blacks here are inky deep. Some say AMOLED screens produce colours that are too oversaturated, so reds will look way brighter than they should, but that isnโ€™t much of an issue here. And if you really prefer things toned down, thereโ€™s a picture setting for that.
Having so many pixels jammed into a relatively small space means you canโ€™t really spot one pixel from another, and that sharpness makes everything from gaming to watching ******* an absolute pleasure. Play a round of Altoโ€™s Adventure or Monument Valley on this display and youโ€™ll instantly be drawn in by the crisp details and vivid colour reproduction.
I wouldnโ€™t normally watch a film on a screen this size, but the panel here is so gorgeous that I canโ€™t help getting lost in it.
The one thing that has changed this time around is the addition of a new โ€˜Always-onโ€™ display.
Due to the way AMOLED screens work, they donโ€™t need to light up the whole display all of the time. They can select individual pixels and just show them, keeping everything else off. So, when the Galaxy S7 is locked it can still show the time, date and a couple of bits of other information on the screen without eating through too much battery.
Itโ€™s a nice touch, and great for quickly checking the time when the phone is resting on your desk or a bedside table. But itโ€™s a good software update or two short of being really useful.
First off, itโ€™ll only show notifications from a few apps โ€“ itโ€™s currently limited to Samsungโ€™s own Messages, Email and Phone. If you, like me, regularly use ********, ***** and Facebook Messenger, none of these will appear. Thatโ€™s a shame, and makes the notification side of things a lot less useful.

It uses extra battery too. About 1-2% per hour, so 15% or so per day. Itโ€™s just about worth it, but it could be so much better.
Even with the brightness is all the way up, youโ€™ll have to tilt the screen or find some shade to stop yourself squinting at it.

Good

• [FONT=selection_androidpit]โœ“
  • Strong performance for everyday tasks and gaming
  • [FONT=selection_androidpit]โœ“[/FONT]Excellent display
  • [FONT=selection_androidpit]โœ“[/FONT]Speed and quality of cameras
  • [FONT=selection_androidpit]โœ“[/FONT]Water resistant
[/FONT]

Bad

• [FONT=selection_androidpit]โœ•Incomplete microSD card support[/FONT]

All the best,

Princessa
xoxo

Nothing, because I refuse to buy their products. But they treat their workers like crap. Look up the number of suicides at their manufacturing facilities in China--so many that they had to hang nets between the buildings to stop employees from jumping to their deaths. They treat their customers like crap too. Remember the iPhone that came out a few years back that would only work if you used aluminum foil on it? Then there was the deliberate slowing of older model phones via Apple "updates" which made their older phones obsolete, forcing their customers to purchase the newest model.

Greedy corporations like that do not deserve my business.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward the Samsung S7 (or newer?) or one of those Honor models. Motorola has one I'm somewhat interested in too. Still have to do more research and decide for sure. Thanks for the help so far, peeps!

Samsung Galaxy's are a great choice. I think that you should go for the Samsung S8 if you want a Galaxy, because the S7 is getting pretty outdated and I don't believe it is supported anymore. You can get the Samsung S8 for a pretty good price too.

I recommend Itel Vision One Plus mobile (itel mobiles price in pkr) and the Itel Vision 1 runs Android 9 Pie and is powered by a 4000mAh non-removable battery. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Itel Vision 1 on the rear packs an 8-megapixel primary camera, and a 0.08-megapixel camera. It sports a 5-megapixel camera on the front for selfies with a 1.4-micron aperture.

Btw I bought new iPhone 12 last year and it's oe of the best phones I got. Plus I found super proxys app for iphone. It has improved connection via WireGuardยฎ protocol and rovides the highest level of security. iOS version 15 is now supported now. plus it has unlimited traffic and bandwidth.

Last edited: