What lessons did you learn from your past relationships?

Typical story that I'm sure you have heard before. He was a little older and I fell for his lies. Turned out he was married and wanted a toy. Took me a while to realize it but I did learn
Sorry to hear such a thing and yes I've lived that situation a handful of times in different scenarios. I was always the idiot running after the straight guys hoping to turn them into prince charming. We'd hook up, I'd fall in love, they'd say "o this isn't my thing" , and I'd be left a basket case.

Not exactly what you described here but I know the pain! :love:

Don’t let someone start telling you what to think. Never apologise for having a different opinion.

Don’t let anyone start telling you how long things should take- as a means to test where you are and what you’re doing.

If you confront him with a legit concern and reasons why and he gets angry, he’s probably guilty.

If he acts totally different around other people, he’s not treating you properly.

If you’re being isolated from your friends and family, it’s toxic.
When someone raises a hand to you, it’s time to get out.

Talk and listen, but make more time for listening. If your significant other does the same for you, you'll know where your relationship is now and where it might be going (or not going).

Also, make sure 'date night' stays as a thing.

Finally, if you live together - turn your f***ing phones off once in a while. Screens are the root of all evil today (he says, as he's typing on a forum!)

Lesson one; If your partner starts to flirt with your brother, be worried
Lesson two; They lie about the time an ambulance takes to get to the hospital
Lesson Three; Don't trust them if they force you to send noods
Lesson Four; Don't believe them when they threaten to kts
Lesson five; Don't mourn over a suicide that they doesn't commit.

Well damn, I thought I had it bad!

Lesson one: If you catch your partner inboxing your best friend's little sister and he tells you it was just a friendly conversation RUN!
Karma is a b**** she now has 2 children by a stalker deadbeat dr*g ad*ict

1. That not being easily impressed by anything they say, do, wear, and have is important.

2. Question the person's personality before getting emotionally attached. That way you won't have to deal with someone who will ruin your life entirely.

3. It's best not to make hasty assumptions about a person.

4. Don't have unrealistic expectations.

5. Think before you speak.

6. Never underestimate or overestimate anyone.

7. People are stupid.

8. Learning about psychology can help you know if a person has issues.

9. If they only get involved with you because of your sex appeal and convenience, it's not a loving relationship.

10. If they are condescending about your abilities, then it's a red flag.

11. If they don't help you become the best version of yourself, then it's a red flag.

If I’ve learned anything, it’s that relationships only work when two people care about each other in an ‘equal’ capacity.

That isn’t to say that the workload in a relationship is always evenly split, 50-50, because it’s often not. But if one person cares more or less than the other, about the relationship or the people in it, you have a recipe for resentment — and it’s really hard to claw your way back together if someone has come to resent who you are or what you offer.

If I’ve learned anything, it’s that relationships only work when two people care about each other in an ‘equal’ capacity.

That isn’t to say that the workload in a relationship is always evenly split, 50-50, because it’s often not. But if one person cares more or less than the other, about the relationship or the people in it, you have a recipe for resentment — and it’s really hard to claw your way back together if someone has come to resent who you are or what you offer.
Who hurt you?