Is it gay for a man to tell another man good morning?

Radiation

Banned
My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I think my dad is being absurd.

My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

Hi there @Radiation,
There is nothing wrong with saying good morning to anybody. You did right. No it's not gay to say good morning. I say good morning to everybody too like you do. Just saying my opinion.

You're allowed to say good morning to anybody in the world. There is nothing wrong with what you did. It seems like your dad is way to strict. That's wrong that he would say that to you. You did nothing wrong @Radiation. Everybody where I live we all say good morning.
Petty on your Dad. That's not good that your Dad would tell you that you can't say good morning. Shame on your Dad. You didn't break the law @Radiation. That's crazy to me that you can't say good morning to everybody.

Good morning fellows. Good morning ALL men on here.
Good morning beautiful ladies on here.
Yes I said good morning to the gentleman's on here and good morning to the ladies. I'm sorry to say I think your dad has issues if he said you can't say good morning to a guy. Smh at your Dad.
I don't hate your dad but dang he's totally wrong.

Nobody will ever tell me that I can't say good morning to anybody. I will say good morning to anybody and everybody.
Comedy Central Workaholics Season 1 Finale GIF by Workaholics

I wanted to post a troll response but saw who the OP is.

No it’s not gay. Can I ask age range of your dad? Because if I’m right he’s in the 10yr age range scope to me so could quite possible understand why he’s saying that. If not, definitely old old school.

Based because 17+ years on you and I didn’t use a calculator πŸ˜€

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your neck age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

Tell your dad: @Chopper said hay baby gurl.
Valentines Day Love GIF

everything is gay now