Is it gay for a man to tell another man good morning?

Radiation

Banned
My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I think my dad is being absurd.

My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

Your father is your Guardian and he is giving you sound advice. He knows he has a little gay son and his job is to protect you, this includes from people that might want to push boundaries with a naive teenager such as yourself.

My guess is he suspected the Men were not straight shooters and were into you. Maybe he saw the eye contact as something more.
This is why he approved saying good monring to women but not to the men.
Its not necessarily that you said good morning its the interaction between the older men who are into your and yourself.

It is not gay for a man to tell another man good morning though.

My guess is he suspected the Men were not straight shooters and were into you. Maybe he saw the eye contact as something more.
Its not necessarily that you said good morning its the interaction between the older men who are into your and yourself.

Why on Earth would anyone rational and normal assume that another adult thought that an adult was "into" a relatively young man?

That's pretty fucked up. Sounds to me it's more like your twisted mind projecting than anything else

Why on Earth would anyone rational and normal assume that another adult thought that an adult was "into" a relatively young man?

That's pretty fucked up. Sounds to me it's more like your twisted mind projecting than anything else
Why would anyone rational think saying good morning is anything more than saying good morning? Are you calling his dad a homophobe?

Theres a reason his father felt like giving him advice. Maybe his father is straight and has some intuition that radiation doesnt have because hes gay.

Without the father here to comment on why he said what he said, there is nothing "irrational" to assume.

I can say the father saw the men eating applejacks and there is nothing wrong with that answer. There is no wrong answer, please think open mindedly.

Are you calling his dad a homophobe?
No, but I'm calling you weird and suspicious for assuming that this was all about an adult hitting on young person when there's absolutely zero suggestion of that other than you injecting it into the conversation.

please think open mindedly.
Jesus Christ. The more phrases I hear from you the more concerned I get

No, but I'm calling you weird and suspicious for assuming that this was all about an adult hitting on young person when there's absolutely zero suggestion of that other than you injecting it into the conversation.

Jesus Christ. The more phrases I hear from you the more concerned I get

So why is his dad butting in for him saying GOOD MORNING?

Theres obviously something more at stake here. His dad felt uncomfortable enough to say something thats for sure.

So why is his dad butting in for him saying GOOD MORNING?
Because his dad thought doing so was a gay thing to say

OP never once mentioned older men approaching him/accosting him/being “into” him. I’ve emphasised this for ease:

The older man being “into” him all came from your mind and sometimes you have to question why that would be, especially as the post is crystal clear that the reference was to a man around the OP’s age - not to an older predatory man.

Because his dad thought doing so was a gay thing to say

OP never once mentioned older men approaching him/accosting him/being “into” him. I’ve emphasised this for ease:

his dad mentioned "they will think youre a little "sweet". what the hell do you think that means. why would his dad think OTHER MEN think his son is "little and sweet".

The older man being “into” him all came from your mind and sometimes you have to question why that would be, especially as the post is crystal clear that the reference was to a man around the OP’s age - not to an older predatory man.
yes its called a plausibility not all people think like a gay admin

his dad mentioned "they will think youre a little "sweet". what the hell do you think that means. why would his dad think OTHER MEN think his son is "little and sweet".
Again, I would guess some projecting there. Nobody said “little and sweet”. “A little sweet” is what was said. You’ve spun that into something waaayy off

yes its called a plausibility not all people think like a gay admin
No, it’s called “you changed it from being about someone the OP’s age to being about an older man being “into” a younger man”. Plausible? Yes, it’s very plausible that you turned it into something sinister.

Not all people see “young man” and think like a predator

Again, I would guess some projecting there. Nobody said “little and sweet”. “A little sweet” is what was said. You’ve spun that into something waaayy off

No, it’s called “you changed it from being about someone the OP’s age to being about an older man being “into” a younger man”. Plausible? Yes, it’s very plausible that you turned it into something sinister.

Not all people see “young man” and think like a predator
the title of this literally reads "IS IT GAY"

WHY would the OP ask if its GAY if there was not some synonymous meaning to the context he provided about his dad telling him not to talk or say certain things to men, when he knows his son is GAY.

the title of this literally reads "IS IT GAY"

WHY would the OP ask if its GAY if there was not some synonymous meaning to the context he provided about his dad telling him not to talk or say certain things to men, when he knows his son is GAY.
That’s not the point you were making

Your whole point was based on your fantasy of an older man being “into” a younger man. You can’t change that fact. It’s there in black and white for all to see

Go back to planet Bread where this kind of thing is ok

you dont know the point i am making because you are genetically inferior. Why do you have to cry in every single thread? There are things called opinions. If radiation wanted the opinion of gay men only he wouldve tagged you and all your friends. The only thing you are fantasizing is my boots in your ass.

Go find someone else to flirt with.

Your father is your Guardian and he is giving you sound advice. He knows he has a little gay son and his job is to protect you, this includes from people that might want to push boundaries with a naive teenager such as yourself.

Quoting this sick fantasy ^^^ that arose from this >>>

Yes a father giving his son some sound advice is a sick fantasy in your head?

What’s sick is a stale twatwaffle (who massdebates when referring to his Father) seeing a thread that mentions “gay” and then spurting out his sick mind on a public forum.

Back on topic, we agree that it’s not gay for one man to wish another a good morning

It's just gay when you do it, and I assume your dad mentioned it; because you did a twirl and a fancy wave when you said it.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

This how he said gm