Is it gay for a man to tell another man good morning?

Radiation

Banned
My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I think my dad is being absurd.

It's only gay if you say it after noon.

I remember at school before registration (primary school so I'd be between 4 and 11 years old) where the whole class said "Good Morning Miss (whatever), Good Morning Everyone"

I say "Morning" to most people and, on that note:

Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
We'll have a gay old time

This thread is really cute , Good morning @Radiation. Good Morning everyone.
I’ll show you something cute buddy
Sport Middle Finger GIF by UFC

I remember at school before registration (primary school so I'd be between 4 and 11 years old) where the whole class said "Good Morning Miss (whatever), Good Morning Everyone"

A dabba-doo time
@Radiation do you really believe the shit that comes out of @Inkandtatts mouth?

A dabba-doo time
@Radiation do you really believe the shit that comes out of @Inkandtatts mouth?

A dabba-doo time
@Radiation do you really believe the **** that comes out of @Inkandtatts mouth?

A dabba-doo time

A dabba-doo time

A dabba-doo time

Did your post get stuck?
What do you mean by stuck?
My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I think my dad is being absurd.

Yes, I bet @Radiation said it like this: Good morning sweetie.