Is it gay for a man to tell another man good morning?

Radiation

Banned
My dad and I were out at the laundromat and as we were leaving another man walked in. I made eye contact with him and said "Good morning". He replies, "Y'all fellas alright?"

When we walked out my father told me, "Don't ever say good morning to a man around your age. Guys will think you're a little sweet. You understand me? Next time say 'What's up' or 'what's going on'. To a woman it's fine, but not a man. When you're out on the streets, don't say that."

I don't understand this at all. How is it gay or wrong for a man to say good morning to another man?

I say good morning to everyone, male and female, at work all the time and have no issues.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I think my dad is being absurd.

Is it gay for a man to tell another man good morning?

Why would anyone rational think saying good morning is anything more than saying good morning? Are you calling his dad a homophobe?

Theres a reason his father felt like giving him advice. Maybe his father is straight and has some intuition that radiation doesnt have because hes gay.

Without the father here to comment on why he said what he said, there is nothing "irrational" to assume.

I can say the father saw the men eating applejacks and there is nothing wrong with that answer. There is no wrong answer, please think open mindedly.
Its a meme from ****** you annoying fruit fly. It's not real.