Should people banned from the chat, still have access to the forums relating to the room they are banned in?

Should banned users still be able to access their related forums.

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Ban them from everything everywhere ever

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cuddles-

Bronze Member
Simple question, historically people get banned, they lurk in other rooms until they can worm their way back in, and persist and persist until they eventually get in and people pretend they forget.

Or they get kicked, then continue whatever they were doing on the forums.

So the question is, should people banned from a room, really be able to access the forum section relating to the room from which they were banned, where not only can they continue, they have the same means to continue what they were upto, contact the same people they could, and interact in a way that really lessens the impact of the punishment/ban.
Not only causing or continuing short term issues, but increasing the chances of people being persistent until they can work their way back into the room.

Simple question, historically people get banned, they lurk in other rooms until they can worm their way back in, and persist and persist until they eventually get in and people pretend they forget.

Or they get kicked, then continue whatever they were doing on the forums.

So the question is, should people banned from a room, really be able to access the forum section relating to the room from which they were banned, where not only can they continue, they have the same means to continue what they were upto, contact the same people they could, and interact in a way that really lessens the impact of the punishment/ban.
Not only causing or continuing short term issues, but increasing the chances of people being persistent until they can work their way back into the room.

how would they appeal/complain their situation if banned from forums?

That actually would be appropriate. If they lost their access to whatever chatroom it is, it was for a significant purpose and they should lose access to the forum for it also. It’s mainly used to cause unnecessary chaos/trouble which probably was associated to the reason they were actually banned. Clean cut, lost the chat privilege so you lose forum privileges also.

Potentially, but as I said initially, from access to the section of the forum relating to said room, eg, banned from Girls chat, banned from girls forum
Seems like a logical suggestion. As long as they have access to the kick/ban appeal section.

This will also incite claims/allegations of transphobia, sexism et al. Denying their rights etc.

You know how it works here.
People can claim whatever they want but this would be a pretty weak claim. If they chose to violate the room rules, that has nothing to do with their “rights” or transphobia or sexism, etc.
But I get your point.

Seems like a logical suggestion. As long as they have access to the kick/ban appeal section.

People can claim whatever they want but this would be a pretty weak claim. If they chose to violate the room rules, that has nothing to do with their “rights” or transphobia or sexism, etc.
But I get your point.
Oh I get ya I meant being denied to the forum. Example trans male being denied to boys forum and vice versa. ((Surmising because I am not fully sure what is correct)
Also some admins used to, unsure if still do, also encourage users to join and engage in forums. That wouldn’t help their comfort zone of engaging with who they feel as likeminded users if banned because some bans are mistaken. Grey area.

I’m delving further into it tho that’s the dubious in me. 😮

I thought I posted a reply yesterday but it appears not and I don’t remember what I typed, in short if the tools are there then it’s a yes. I’m also a believer in chat wide bans for the most serious offences, so if you’re banned from general chat for example you shouldn’t be allowed to rock into girls chat.

Of course this would take communication and coordination between room admins but that is something that should be achievable.

Last edited:
I thought I posted a reply yesterday but it appears not and I don’t remember what I typed, in short if the tools are there then it’s a yes. I’m also a believer in chat wide bans for the most serious offences, so if you’re banned from general chat for example you shouldn’t be allowed to rock into girls chat.

Of course this would take communication and coordination between room admins but that is something that should be achievable.
its something that use to be done a while ago, not wide spread and not common but it was done

Yes, and from other rooms. I'll give an example : Forever Michael got banned in Gen for grooming a minor but continued his antics in Singles chat by bringing attention to it, sexually harassing women and the whole 9 yards.

Many people with a history of being banned, just continue their behavior in other rooms. I've only seen Russian Army finally get banned in two rooms he switches back and forth from until his ban is up in the other room. What did he do? Go to other sites where he was banned within hours from.

They don't stop, they just find new victims, like Oreo who gets banned in Singles, then Gen then goes to Girls chat. It's the equivalent to ban evading with IP guest rolling because none of those people have friends that they miss, they're only here to disrupt the rooms and make innocent users not want to log on until they are dealt with.

If someone's banned for illegal activity, why allow them on here? But alas, suggestions are rarely taken into consideration and common sense rules arent prevalent on this site.

It's a chat site, it's not real life!
People with no lives say that. While it's not real life, there are real people who are good people and not afraid to show their true personality. People who come on and here and use that line to avoid criticism are losers. The internet isn't an excuse for stupidity, hate, a fake persona and to say things you don't have the balls to say in real life.

greater-internet-fuckwad-theory1.png

I agree totally with this but in General Chat when a user is banned in another chatroom they are encouraged by admin to attend General Chat and often bought VIP or made mod for whatever reason is beyond me.