Should Reaction Bombing Be An Offense?

Should it be a warningable offense?

• Total voters

StubleU

Gold Member
Reaction bombing is the task of reacting to all of the comments or posts a user makes so that it fills their notifications. Whether malicious in intent to hide other notifications the user/mod/admin might other wise have now have missed or an attempt at conveying ones fanatical expression of like or dislike for a user and/or idea...should it be considered an action that can be reported with consequence if a warning is not followed. As it stands, the only way to avoid it is to ignore the user which may not be your intent as you may still want to interact with said user in discussion.

Responses 1 and 3 are counted as the same vote in the results.

If it went away with ignoring marble mouth, there'd be less of an issue. As I told @Inkandtatts when your notifications get spammed by her, it buries any tags or important notifications that are mod/ADMIN issues and leaves the possibility of room or forum issues to go unnoticed. She was literally doing it to my woman the other day with threads a year old. She's done it to me with threads that I've made two years ago. They're not even appropriate because she's not reading them and just angry reacting. Why angry react to addressing a user being a pedo on here (Brightie) or a self admitted sex offender (Revo)? She just blindly does it then looks for other posts from the user to do it to.

You can only go a few posts back to see users recent posts. If you click on more, it won't show more, so she's actively searching through forums like a lunatic to find more posts to do it to.

100% should be:

Edit: These were all I still have from a few weeks ago. I documented more in a thread but I deleted the original SS after I posted them here...then the thread was deleted

tom-min.jpg

if it were one of 2 or 5 or 6 it wouldnt be an issue. id figure someone just cant stand me or hates my posts. but when it goes back YEARS all within the same few hours. thats not an opinion or cant stand me. thats someone with pure hatred/ grudge/ trolling behavior.

(im the 1st to admit at 1st i thought it was to win some sort of forums trophy so i let mine slide for quite sometime without speaking up about it. but its to the point that you know its coming. and its hard to sort through them to find actual notifications. As a mod/admin thats down right dangerous because youll be missing actual tags for issues)

I think those are great points and I support this. We can ignore the bomber but admins and mods can't,
The bomber is so immature and I am not sure if she is trolling or generally goes bat **** crazy when Luka discusses carcinoma or if I discuss police brutality against vital black men like myself.
That behavior is also harassment.
One thing I am wondering is it possible to when you put another person on ignore the ignore goes both ways. This would prevent a lot of chat shiteing posting that happens when things get emotional. I think this would be a win win for all.

I think those are great points and I support this. We can ignore the bomber but admins and mods can't,
The bomber is so immature and I am not sure if she is trolling or generally goes bat **** crazy when Luka discusses carcinoma or if I discuss police brutality against vital black men like myself.
That behavior is also harassment.
One thing I am wondering is it possible to when you put another person on ignore the ignore goes both ways. This would prevent a lot of chat shiteing posting that happens when things get emotional. I think this would be a win win for all.
whoa...whoa...careful dude...no talking about one person...that might get this shut down...tomatofacing lunatic could be about anyone.....

As it stands, the only way to avoid it is to ignore the user which may not be your intent as you may still want to interact with said user in discussion.

Its already "warnable" Really.... now you are wanting to engage with users but denying them the ability to express themselves back.:unsure:

Looks like you've gone from not only wanting opinions you don't like banned- to now wanting faces you don't like banned?

(b4 claims of favoritism, ofc its annoying, but if the bar gets lowered to outlawing "being annoying" who would be left? )
I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

Its already "warnable" Really.... now you are wanting to engage with users but denying them the ability to express themselves back.:unsure:

Looks like you've gone from not only wanting opinions you don't like banned- to now wanting faces you don't like banned?

(b4 claims of favoritism, ofc its annoying, but if the bar gets lowered to outlawing "being annoying" who would be left? )
nah, no favoritism...you just dumb

but in all seriousness...if people know that they can report a reaction bomb then they would....and if it were a rule...they'd know that they could instead of it being a hearsay like the links when applicable rule you tossed around

admins and mods have to engage with users.. if user is on ignore, user made threads are non see-able nor searchable. if ignored user has legit complaint (hey its happened) admin/mod would be considered ignoring the complaint because of reaction abuse.

but in all seriousness...if people know that they can report a reaction bomb then they would....and if it were a rule...they'd know that they could instead of it being a hearsay like the links when applicable rule you tossed around
Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel
Shocked Bad News GIF
1000 reports later looking for the non annoying ones.

it wouldn't be a report...you can't report reactions...stupid...it'd be a screenshot pm to the UMs that care about it's users and their experience...with all of them...so one...but that might be too much for you to lift a finger aobut...so...

but in all seriousness...if people know that they can report a reaction bomb then they would šŸ‘€

ok I see what you mean now, ^^^^^ (and it's already covered in CM forum rules btw)

Tomatoes seem to be gone so..