This or That?

LostCause.

Gay Chat Mod
Staff member
In this thread, post questions about two similar things that can be done in different variations or orders. The next person will reply with which they prefer and then pose their own 'this or that' question. (If @Inkandtatts can have a 'yes/no' and a 'have you ever,' surely a 'would you rather' and a 'this or that' can coexist as well.) I'll start:

Do you put on both socks before both shoes, or do you put on sock shoe sock shoe?

I think i had proposed a this or that but people said it was too close to wyr...so i support this

both socks before both shoes...who's a monster that does it the other way?

home cooked meal or nice restaurant out?

It's a fine line so I see both sides of the argument, and I'm not sure where the line falls. I wouldn't consider a home cooked meal vs going to a restaurant a nuance decision, so that might fall on the other side of the line. And who is cooking? So many questions. Either or both depending on the circumstances.

Do you put the tea bag in the mug before the hot water, or the hot water in the mug before the tea bag?

i don't drink hot beverages...but...when i make tea for someone...i always put the bag in before the hot water...typically because i've got the cup and bag ready before the water's done boiling...efficiency

do you look at the keys when you type or do you know your homerow?

I do not look at my hands when I type, although I'm not sure I knew the name of that before just now.

Do you wet your toothbrush before applying toothpaste, do you apply toothpaste before wetting your toothbrush, or do you not wet your toothbrush when applying toothpaste?

i apply toothpaste then wet my toothbrush

do you turn out the lights before you go to bed, turn them off at your bed, or for some reason leave them on and go to bed?

Hmm... I've never considered a preference here. Traditionally office chairs spin and dining chairs do not. And I've never had an objection or preference otherwise.

Do you tie a bow by tying two loops together, or by making one loop, wrapping the other string around, and pulling a second loop through the first?

No. Go back to would you rather. There's no nuance in approach there.

Do you pour milk in your bowl before cereal, or cereal in your bowl before milk?

Over, the correct way.

When washing your hands, do you put soap in your hands before turning on the faucet or turn on the faucet before putting soap in your hands?

the patent says over...but that's because it was designed so that you actually take one extra square by going over...meaning you use more that way

it depends on how dirty the facilities are in public...sometimes it feels cleaner to use wet hands to push the soap dispenser thing...usually...soap first

when you sit on a couch do you take up as much room as you can or do you sit up right and all stuffy?

If it's my couch, I'm often horizontal and space consuming. If it's someone else's couch, I'll be respectful of the space.

Do you untie and retie your shoe laces every wear, or do you slip off your shoes with laces remaining tied and slip them back on and continue to wear them with the previous lace tie?

i wear laceless shoes...efficiency...but the last time i had laces for my shoes they were always tied for me to slip them on also...easy peasies

do you blow on hot beverages, do you wait for it to cool, do you add cooler liquids to it to cool it down?

Burn my mouth and wait for them to cool.

For those who take medications or vitamins only once a day, do you prefer to take them in the morning or at night?

I think word association has the least amount of thought required, yes/no and would you rather give you a general idea of who someone is, and this/that let you know about someone in the minutia but it's generally for less relevant things. For that reason, I like them from least to most in that order.

Do you immediately get dressed following a shower, or do you take some time with a stop-gap between being nude and being clothed (such as walking around in a towel or robe)?