Age Monitoring for #1 Chat Avenue Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vip users would be a start. Credit cards are 18 plus- purchase receipts confirming the details.

Lengthy process yes, gotta start somewhere. Just an idea but probably more complex than it sounds
My name is Luka
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you've seen me before
If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble, some kind of fight
Just don't ask me what it was

Now we have another poster claiming just that
Just to clarify, this specific chatter was not banned from Singles Chat due to any “entrapment” regarding a 14 year old, as I’m sure you’ll see/have seen in my response to the OP of the highlighted thread.

I’m on board with verifications being implemented or the ability to change ages being removed, though.

Just to clarify, this specific chatter was not banned from Singles Chat due to any “entrapment” regarding a 14 year old, as I’m sure you’ll see/have seen in my response to the OP of the highlighted thread.

I’m on board with verifications being implemented or the ability to change ages being removed, though.
We'd still need the ability to bump our ages as we get older. Unless that was automatic and tied to DOB of course.

1. Specifically there is things adults shouldnt be talking to children about like sex.
2. Two consenting adults can talk about whatever they want because theyre adults.

The same way you make everyone else follow the rules. Kick and ban them until they comply. No comply no access. It is not an "extra step" for most users as most users are adults. Youre right that many people will lie and catfish either way, theres no denying that. But there is not one good reason for a user to be able to change their profile age back and forth whenever they want. If there is name it.

This is different because both kids and teen room are for CHILDREN only. This is not a shared room between adults and children. Therefore the additional requirement would not apply here.

Majority of chat ave is shared age space.
That statement is incorrect. Kids Chat is 13-17 but long standing members are permitted to remain when they turn 18 as long as they leave before their 19th birthday. Teens chat is 13-19. Both have 18 year olds, i.e. adults and Teen Chat has 19 year olds.

Adults and minors mix in both rooms.

Yes, that’s true. That would be a neat feature if it was worked into the system somehow. Great point!
Happy Cheer Up GIF by sendwishonline.com

I am speaking about his claim, which is that someone who he was talking to aged 18, changed their age to 14. I am not speaking about him.

That statement is incorrect. Kids Chat is 13-17 but long standing members are permitted to remain when they turn 18 as long as they leave before their 19th birthday. Teens chat is 13-19. Both have 18 year olds, i.e. adults and Teen Chat has 19 year olds.

Adults and minors mix in both rooms.
Their bday gift should be a ban from the room.

The rules state 13-19 not 13-19 only if you've been a long standing member. That means any 18-19 year old can go in there to interact with children.

Anyone over 18 should be banned from the room. This would effectively make both rooms kids chat. Is there a distinction between a kid aged 13-17 and a "teen" aged 13-17 I'm unaware of?

The rules state 13-19 not 13-19 only if you've been a long standing member. That means any 18-19 year old can go in there to interact with children.

Anyone over 18 should be banned from the room. This would effectively make both rooms kids chat. Is there a distinction between a kid aged 13-17 and a "teen" aged 13-17 I'm unaware of?
Such passion Mehiko,

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

But everybody lies

Baby Gorilla GIF

If everyone lies then why have any rules governing age at all if it can all just be faked?

Stricter rules for kids = stricter safety for kids
Confused Ask The Storybots GIF by StoryBots

make everyone submit their library cards, high school id cards, & driver licenses;

…thats the only real solution, the final solution

🙏🏻 pray none of it gets leaked though 🙏🏻

You're conflating rooms. TEEN CHAT is 13-19 TEEN means TEENAGER i.e. thirTEEN to nineTEEN. There, is that clear?

Kids chat is 13 - 17 but has always allowed those members that have been in the room and active to remain through until their 19th birthday. It doesn't cause any issues at all simply because they're members that are known and trusted by the room's members. Some of our mods have remained under this rule. It's a room with far stricter rules than the rest and is well moderated.

You're conflating rooms. TEEN CHAT is 13-19 TEEN means TEENAGER i.e. thirTEEN to nineTEEN. There, is that clear?

Kids chat is 13 - 17 but has always allowed those members that have been in the room and active to remain through until their 19th birthday. It doesn't cause any issues at all simply because they're members that are known and trusted by the room's members. Some of our mods have remained under this rule. It's a room with far stricter rules than the rest and is well moderated.
excuse moi,

conflating not conflating but:

i thort KIDS CHAT was 13 to 17 and a half? So wouldn't that be 13 - 17.5?

and i thort TEEN CHAT was 13 - 19.5 since the word twenty has no teen in it but ninteen and a half does still have the word teen so wouldn't that be 13 to 19.5?

any KIDS CHAT or TEEN CHAT modoater's to confirm?

Fair question. Don't blame me fer the semantics. I am a novice.

excuse moi,

conflating not conflating but:

i thort KIDS CHAT was 13 to 17 and a half? So wouldn't that be 13 - 17.5?

and i thort TEEN CHAT was 13 - 19.5 since the word twenty has no teen in it but ninteen and a half does still have the word teen so wouldn't that be 13 to 19.5?

any KIDS CHAT or TEEN CHAT modoater's to confirm?

Fair question. Don't blame me fer the semantics. I am a novice.
I'll answer for KC. The general rule is 13-17 but users that have been active members are permitted to stay on past their 18th birthday, but must leave before their 19th. That's a long standing thing and used to be stated in the text of the login screen before the updates.

Teen chat rules say 13-19 which means they have to leave before their 20th. No half years involved just birthdays :)

I'll answer for KC. The general rule is 13-17 but users that have been active members are permitted to stay on past their 18th birthday, but must leave before their 19th. That's a long standing thing and used to be stated in the text of the login screen before the updates.

Teen chat rules say 13-19 which means they have to leave before their 20th. No half years involved just birthdays :)
Such commitment to the process - yay yo CHATMASTA @Chatmaster - PROMOTE THEM.

i also heard kc was 9-17 until it was changed to 13-17 a few years back?

Im not conflating anything. Go learn what conflating is.
I specifically mentioned TWO ROOMS and how removing adults out of the equation would make them both the same room.
wotta a terrible thing to challenge the @emileh with. lol.

well this threads all gone to pot.

oops.
once emileh the genius shitposter joined the thread.

Im not conflating anything. Go learn what conflating is.
I specifically mentioned TWO ROOMS and how removing adults out of the equation would make them both the same room.

once emileh the genius shitposter joined the thread.
Be gental darling, there are children around.

Status
Not open for further replies.